ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Debt relief order for naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Justintime
Newly Registered

Debt relief order for naturalisation

Post by Justintime » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:33 am

URGENT pls advice.
Previous 6years discretionary leave to remain
Got ILR in 2016
Applied for naturalization in 2017 but got refused on ground of good character 10year immigration rule.(not criminal record)
Advised in the refusal letter to reply after November 2019.
I am about to make another application although I am not bankrupt and I do not have CCJ and I am not on the insolvency register. I applied for Debt relief order in 2015 which has now been discharged. Should i mention it in my new application or Not?Thank you

Amber
Mood:

Re: Debt relief order for naturalisation

Post by Amber » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:20 am

You applied for a DRO in 2015 and it’s discharged now? The moratorium period is 12 months, after that the DRO is complete. So I don’t know what you mean?

A DRO is a mini form of bankruptcy, it shows an intention not to pay debts. Given the time that has lapsed it may be ok however, they could apply the same principles as that of bankruptcy (10 years). A DRO will be recorded on your credit record for 6 years, the Home Office check your credit report.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Justintime
Newly Registered

Re: Debt relief order for naturalisation

Post by Justintime » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:11 pm

Thank you for your reply.It has been discharged since 2016.I just wanted to know if I should include it in my cover letter.