ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

December 2013 - Naturalization timeline

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

Locked
alexboy84
Newbie
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:46 pm

Re: December 2013 - Naturalization timeline

Post by alexboy84 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:53 am

Thanks TTOE for the updates :)
It is very much appreciated :)

tier_2_applicant
Member
Posts: 144
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:03 pm

Re: December 2013 - Naturalization timeline

Post by tier_2_applicant » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:07 am

Hi TTOE,

The total number of December applicants is now 69.
'Bubblegoom' has received his/her approval letter so the number of approvals is 20 (28.99%).

collipu
Member
Posts: 179
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:56 pm

Re: December 2013 - Naturalization timeline

Post by collipu » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:41 am

Has anyone called HO today or yesterday? I got the same usual response!

Eureka.Power
Junior Member
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:54 pm

Re: December 2013 - Naturalization timeline

Post by Eureka.Power » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:23 am

collipu wrote:Has anyone called HO today or yesterday? I got the same usual response!

I called them yesterday .. Still in progress... mine is november...

collipu
Member
Posts: 179
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:56 pm

Re: December 2013 - Naturalization timeline

Post by collipu » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:28 am

Eureka.Power wrote:
collipu wrote:Has anyone called HO today or yesterday? I got the same usual response!

I called them yesterday .. Still in progress... mine is november...
It is a bit disappointing. No actual way to find out what is happening...

Eureka.Power
Junior Member
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:54 pm

Re: December 2013 - Naturalization timeline

Post by Eureka.Power » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:47 am

collipu wrote:
Eureka.Power wrote:
collipu wrote:Has anyone called HO today or yesterday? I got the same usual response!

I called them yesterday .. Still in progress... mine is november...
It is a bit disappointing. No actual way to find out what is happening...
I think we should wait atleast 2 months from the day they took the money out... this is the longest I ever waited for any of my immigration thing.... i hope the pain will soon be over..

collipu
Member
Posts: 179
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:56 pm

Re: December 2013 - Naturalization timeline

Post by collipu » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:50 am

I think we should wait atleast 2 months from the day they took the money out... this is the longest I ever waited for any of my immigration thing.... i hope the pain will soon be over..[/quote]

Hope so! waiting game..lets see.

TTOE
Senior Member
Posts: 501
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:09 pm

Re: December 2013 - Naturalization timeline

Post by TTOE » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:18 am

tier_2_applicant wrote:Hi TTOE,

The total number of December applicants is now 69.
'Bubblegoom' has received his/her approval letter so the number of approvals is 20 (28.99%).

Thanks mate!, I think we should just keep it short and sweet like this, total applications, latest approval and % approval rate. Simples!

ssp_71023
Newly Registered
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:05 pm

Re: December 2013 - Naturalization timeline

Post by ssp_71023 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:47 pm

Received Citizenship Letter yesterday. Did not have ceremony date on it as like few others, however called the local council and they had a record of my approval and ceremony date was advised as 5th March. It has taken 2 months exactly for the letter to arrive given the Xmas and New year holidays, pretty pleased with it.

Also, the letter came with a request to provide service feedback which I duly completed. Improvement suggested was to provide a case reference number as soon as the application/case is received and provide an internet facility to check the status of the application. Perhaps you all could do the same to help future applicants.

I think applicants are 'more' anxious or want to know if the case is being looked into rather than when it will be completed.

All the very best to the rest, your approval letters would come through soon!
ssp_71023 wrote:
Thanks InUkOnHsmp. Yes, will certainly update as soon as I receive the letter in hand, hopefully tomorrow.
InUkOnHsmp wrote:Congratulations ssp, my timelines are exactly like yours, I am planning to call them soon too.

Can you also update your timeline when you receive the letter please?

TTOE
Senior Member
Posts: 501
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:09 pm

Re: December 2013 - Naturalization timeline

Post by TTOE » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:52 pm

ssp_71023 wrote:
Received Citizenship Letter yesterday. Did not have ceremony date on it as like few others, however called the local council and they had a record of my approval and ceremony date was advised as 5th March. It has taken 2 months exactly for the letter to arrive given the Xmas and New year holidays, pretty pleased with it.

Also, the letter came with a request to provide service feedback which I duly completed. Improvement suggested was to provide a case reference number as soon as the application/case is received and provide an internet facility to check the status of the application. Perhaps you all could do the same to help future applicants.

I think applicants are 'more' anxious or want to know if the case is being looked into rather than when it will be completed.

All the very best to the rest, your approval letters would come through soon!
Whats the date on your letter?
ssp_71023 wrote:
Thanks InUkOnHsmp. Yes, will certainly update as soon as I receive the letter in hand, hopefully tomorrow.
InUkOnHsmp wrote:Congratulations ssp, my timelines are exactly like yours, I am planning to call them soon too.

Can you also update your timeline when you receive the letter please?

ssp_71023
Newly Registered
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:05 pm

Re: December 2013 - Naturalization timeline

Post by ssp_71023 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:59 pm

TTOE wrote:
ssp_71023 wrote:
Received Citizenship Letter yesterday. Did not have ceremony date on it as like few others, however called the local council and they had a record of my approval and ceremony date was advised as 5th March. It has taken 2 months exactly for the letter to arrive given the Xmas and New year holidays, pretty pleased with it.

Also, the letter came with a request to provide service feedback which I duly completed. Improvement suggested was to provide a case reference number as soon as the application/case is received and provide an internet facility to check the status of the application. Perhaps you all could do the same to help future applicants.

I think applicants are 'more' anxious or want to know if the case is being looked into rather than when it will be completed.

All the very best to the rest, your approval letters would come through soon!
Whats the date on your letter?
Date on the letter is 10th Feb

somemightsay
Junior Member
Posts: 70
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:06 am

Re: December 2013 - Naturalization timeline

Post by somemightsay » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:46 pm

I can't figure out how to edit my original post.


Eligibility criteria: HSMP (2 years) + Tier 1 (3 years) + ILR (1 year)
Language criteria met (UK degree, exempt countries, PBS used documents, NARIC, or B1 test): exempt country (U.S.A.)
Current nationality: American
Method of application: NCS
Council name if NCS used: Wandsworth
Date of NCS appointment: 4/12/13
Payment method: debit card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 5/12/13
Date of acknowledgment: 17/1/14 (letter received on 21/1/14)
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 20/1/14
Date of approval: 10/2/14 (letter received on 19/2/14)
Date of ceremony: TBD

rikken
Junior Member
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:09 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: December 2013 - Naturalization timeline

Post by rikken » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:16 am

I called the 08706 067 766 number just now.

Was advised that something was sent out to me on 18 February by second-class post. Couldn't say what it was.

After I was given this update the guy asked me how many times I've called through asking for an update. He then asked if I had the choice would I prefer to request updates by either SMS or via email or web portal. I responded that it didn't really bother me provided it was a quick turnaround and that the feedback was accurate. It seems like they are looking at ways to improve their handling of questions, which is good.

collipu
Member
Posts: 179
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:56 pm

Re: December 2013 - Naturalization timeline

Post by collipu » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:34 am

rikken wrote:I called the 08706 067 766 number just now.

Was advised that something was sent out to me on 18 February by second-class post. Couldn't say what it was.

After I was given this update the guy asked me how many times I've called through asking for an update. He then asked if I had the choice would I prefer to request updates by either SMS or via email or web portal. I responded that it didn't really bother me provided it was a quick turnaround and that the feedback was accurate. It seems like they are looking at ways to improve their handling of questions, which is good.
Congrats Rikken - what is your timeline?

rikken
Junior Member
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:09 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: December 2013 - Naturalization timeline

Post by rikken » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:44 am

collipu wrote:Congrats Rikken - what is your timeline?
Bit premature for congrats, it could be a rejection letter. :?

I applied on 11 December and was acknowledged on 22 January.

Do note that I've applied for registration, not naturalisation. So my circumstances are slightly different.

mrbeef
Newly Registered
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:21 am
Location: Luton
Contact:

Re:

Post by mrbeef » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:18 pm

mrbeef wrote:Eligibility criteria: 5 years Indefinite Right to Remain
Language criteria met (UK degree, exempt countries, PBS used documents, NARIC, or B1 test): UK Degree
Current nationality: Nigerian
Method of application: Self (Special Delivery)
Council name if NCS used:
Date of application: 29th November 2013
Payment method CC/DC, Personal cheque, Bankers cheque etc: Bankers
Date of receipt by UKBA: 2nd December 2013
Date of aknowlegment: 17th January 2014
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 17th January 2014
Date approval received: 20 February 2014
Date of ceremony:TBA

Wow got my approval this morning dated 18th February :D :D :D :D

ramaven
Newly Registered
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:43 pm

Re:

Post by ramaven » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:45 pm

ramaven wrote:Eligibility criteria: WP 3 years + HSMP 2 years + ILR 2 years and 7 Months
Language criteria met (UK degree, exempt countries, PBS used documents, NARIC, or B1 test): NARIC English, Comparabiltiy
Current nationality: Indian
Method of application: NCS
Council name if NCS used:
Date of application: 04th Dec 2013
Payment method CC/DC, Personal cheque, Bankers cheque etc: CC
Date of receipt by UKBA: 05th Dec 2013( Royal Mail tracking)
Date of aknowlegment: 21/01/14
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 17/01/14
Date approval received: 19/01/14 [ letter dated 11/2/2014
Date of ceremony:waiting
Sorry guys.. Some reason am unable to update my original post

tier_2_applicant
Member
Posts: 144
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:03 pm

Re: December 2013 - Naturalization timeline

Post by tier_2_applicant » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:42 pm

December stats:

Total applications: 68
Fees debited: 63 (92.65%)
Acknowledgement received: 51 (75.00%)
Approval received: 24 (35.29%)

InUkOnHsmp
Senior Member
Posts: 738
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:36 pm

Re: December 2013 - Naturalization timeline

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:07 pm

Finally, received the brown envelopes in the post today, updated timelines:

Joint application
Eligibility criteria: 2 yrs HSMP + 3 years Tier1 + ILR (12 months)
Language criteria met: Me - Expires ILETS certificate used at the time of EC, Fresh IELTS certificate for wife
Referees used - Manager at work, and colleague at work
Current nationality: Indian
Method of application: NCS
Date of application: 16th December 2013
Payment method - Debit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 17 December 2013
Date of aknowlegment: 24 January 2014 (dated 20 January 2014)
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 21 January 2014 (Balance dropped on 20 January 2014, transaction appeared on the 21st)
Date approval received: 20 February 2014 (dated 11 February 2014)
Date of ceremony: 24 February 2014 (Private)

Thanks for all the support forum members, I appreciate it very much. Now next step passport applications, hopefully next week.

Regards
Challenges make life worth it!

euhsi
Newly Registered
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:57 pm

Re: December 2013 - Naturalization timeline

Post by euhsi » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:26 pm

[quote="euhsi"]Eligibility criteria: 5 years work permit + 1 month ILR (married to BC)
Language criteria met : met requirments for settlement after Oct 28th 2013
Method of application: NCS Camden
Date of application: 5/12/2013
Payment method: Credit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 6/12/2013
Date of acknowledgement: 20/01/2014
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 18/1/2014
Date approval received: 20/02/2014 (dated 10/02/2014)
Date of ceremony: 26/02/2014

Locked
cron