ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

declaring a fixed penalty notice

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

Locked
addh
- thin ice -
Posts: 114
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:34 pm

declaring a fixed penalty notice

Post by addh » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:48 pm

i have seen a lot of info on this subject but just want to confirm, i am going to apply for citizenship soon. i had a FPN for speeding in 2010 which i paid and also got 3 points on my license. I didnt declare that for my ILR application and there was no problem, so i assume i dont need to declare it on the citizenship application. is that correct?

I also got a non endorsable FPN in july 2011 and paid £30 fine, so i think that also is not needed to be declared. Please correct me if i am wrong?

And lastly parking tickets r surely not to be declared as nowadays they r very common espicially if one lives in London ;-)

Smallfamily
Member
Posts: 235
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:31 am

Re: declaring a fixed penalty notice

Post by Smallfamily » Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:40 pm

addh wrote:i have seen a lot of info on this subject but just want to confirm, i am going to apply for citizenship soon. i had a FPN for speeding in 2010 which i paid and also got 3 points on my license. I didnt declare that for my ILR application and there was no problem, so i assume i dont need to declare it on the citizenship application. is that correct?

I also got a non endorsable FPN in july 2011 and paid £30 fine, so i think that also is not needed to be declared. Please correct me if i am wrong?

And lastly parking tickets r surely not to be declared as nowadays they r very common espicially if one lives in London ;-)
Yes you right... just don't mention non endorsable FPN and parking tickets
however my advice is you should mention FPN for speeding.
They will ignore FPN for speeding if you don't have any other offence. It might be a problem if they find out about ur FPN for speeding themselves which you haven't declared. So to be on a safe side simple declare it as it wont affect ur application! Cheers

addh
- thin ice -
Posts: 114
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:34 pm

Post by addh » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:36 pm

thank you for your reply, however i had a CRB check last year and the FPN for speeding didnt show, so i am wondering how would they get to know

Jambo
Respected Guru
Posts: 8734
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:31 am

Post by Jambo » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:53 pm

addh wrote:thank you for your reply, however i had a CRB check last year and the FPN for speeding didnt show, so i am wondering how would they get to know
DVLA ?

addh
- thin ice -
Posts: 114
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:34 pm

Post by addh » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:04 pm

no, i volunteer for a charity sometimes and they require all volunteers to b CRB checked

jariman13
Newly Registered
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:24 am

Re: declaring a fixed penalty notice

Post by jariman13 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:05 pm

Smallfamily wrote:
addh wrote:i have seen a lot of info on this subject but just want to confirm, i am going to apply for citizenship soon. i had a FPN for speeding in 2010 which i paid and also got 3 points on my license. I didnt declare that for my ILR application and there was no problem, so i assume i dont need to declare it on the citizenship application. is that correct?

I also got a non endorsable FPN in july 2011 and paid £30 fine, so i think that also is not needed to be declared. Please correct me if i am wrong?

And lastly parking tickets r surely not to be declared as nowadays they r very common espicially if one lives in London ;-)
Yes you right... just don't mention non endorsable FPN and parking tickets
however my advice is you should mention FPN for speeding.
They will ignore FPN for speeding if you don't have any other offence. It might be a problem if they find out about ur FPN for speeding themselves which you haven't declared. So to be on a safe side simple declare it as it wont affect ur application! Cheers

Hi,

I am applying for ILR in Feb2012. I had one non-endorsable FPN for £30 on 26Feb2011which had been paid on the same day. I have not got any other road traffic offecce apart from this.

Do I need to mention about this road offence in ILR application form?

your reply would be appriciated.

damidamz
Newly Registered
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:36 pm

Post by damidamz » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:08 pm

hello mate, from my experience, you do not need to mention it on ur application. i got 3points given to my feb 2010 by police and 6 points on july 2011 given in court.

i did no declare it on my application which i made in oct 2011 and it was approved even though they said if you got points by court, u should declare it but i didn't and i got approved.

jariman13
Newly Registered
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:24 am

Post by jariman13 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:27 pm

damidamz wrote:hello mate, from my experience, you do not need to mention it on ur application. i got 3points given to my feb 2010 by police and 6 points on july 2011 given in court.

i did no declare it on my application which i made in oct 2011 and it was approved even though they said if you got points by court, u should declare it but i didn't and i got approved.
Thanks for your replay mate. I am goint to apply ILR in person in feb2012. Do you recon I should do CRB checks before I go for ILR, becuse in ILR application SECTION 7's 7.1 says 'If you have any criminal convictions in UK or any other country (including traffic offence)'

Non-endorsable FPN is not a crimincal offence nor went thru civil judgement or court. It was just a fixed penalty which was alreadt spent or paid.

Do you say I should declare it and not to give them any chance for rejection.

Thanks,
Pranav

damidamz
Newly Registered
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:36 pm

Post by damidamz » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:26 pm

jariman13 wrote:
damidamz wrote:hello mate, from my experience, you do not need to mention it on ur application. i got 3points given to my feb 2010 by police and 6 points on july 2011 given in court.

i did no declare it on my application which i made in oct 2011 and it was approved even though they said if you got points by court, u should declare it but i didn't and i got approved.
Thanks for your replay mate. I am goint to apply ILR in person in feb2012. Do you recon I should do CRB checks before I go for ILR, becuse in ILR application SECTION 7's 7.1 says 'If you have any criminal convictions in UK or any other country (including traffic offence)'

Non-endorsable FPN is not a crimincal offence nor went thru civil judgement or court. It was just a fixed penalty which was alreadt spent or paid.

Do you say I should declare it and not to give them any chance for rejection.

Thanks,
Pranav

you don't need to declare fixed penalty charges so if i was you, i will definitely not declare it.

jariman13
Newly Registered
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:24 am

Post by jariman13 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:13 am

damidamz wrote:
jariman13 wrote:
damidamz wrote:hello mate, from my experience, you do not need to mention it on ur application. i got 3points given to my feb 2010 by police and 6 points on july 2011 given in court.

i did no declare it on my application which i made in oct 2011 and it was approved even though they said if you got points by court, u should declare it but i didn't and i got approved.
Thanks for your replay mate. I am goint to apply ILR in person in feb2012. Do you recon I should do CRB checks before I go for ILR, becuse in ILR application SECTION 7's 7.1 says 'If you have any criminal convictions in UK or any other country (including traffic offence)'

Non-endorsable FPN is not a crimincal offence nor went thru civil judgement or court. It was just a fixed penalty which was alreadt spent or paid.

Do you say I should declare it and not to give them any chance for rejection.

Thanks,
Pranav

you don't need to declare fixed penalty charges so if i was you, i will definitely not declare it.
Thanks Mate. I will do the same thing.. lets try my luck.

makkan00
Member
Posts: 112
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:37 pm

Post by makkan00 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:16 pm

Jeriman, Do you mind sharing what was outcome of your application?

Locked
cron