ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Director of Limited Company vs Student and CSI requirement

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Alexka1916
Newly Registered
Poland

Director of Limited Company vs Student and CSI requirement

Post by Alexka1916 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:55 am

Hi All,

I hope you can help me to clarify one thing.

I am EU National, my wife is British and I already have EEA Permanent Residence Card. Due to the fact I was away in Asia for 10 months 2 years ago I have to wait until July 2020 before submitting my naturalization application.

I have been operating through a limited company as a sole director and shareholder for the last 2 years. I do withdraw a basic salary every month and my payslips are being generated by an accountant.

I have recently been accepted by a Kingston University to do a top up course and I am aware that CSI is required whilst being a student.

My question is – do I still need a CSI whilst at the same time whilst I will be taking monthly salaries through my limited company so that my NI contributions are intact?

Many thanks!

Alex

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Director of Limited Company vs Student and CSI requirement

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:58 am

CSI or working is no longer required if you already hold PR. Neither is required for citizenship.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Alexka1916
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by Alexka1916 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:16 am

Many thanks for your prompt reply!

I was granted PR in October 2016, went off travelling and returned to UK on 13.07.2017 meaning I would be eligible for naturalization after three years from that day.

I have been exercising my Treaty Rights for last 2 years but was just bit confused with the coming year...

Alex

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:33 am

CR001 wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:58 am
CSI or working is no longer required if you already hold PR. Neither is required for citizenship.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.