ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do I need a BRP before applying for my British passport?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Peace101
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Do I need a BRP before applying for my British passport?

Post by Peace101 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:51 am

At the moment i have a visa that indicate I have ILR instead of a BRP. I need to continue my work and it states on my Visa that the ILR expires next week and i am only allowed to apply for my British passport until November.
Can i apply for BRP before i apply for my British passport in order to extend my work permit? or will this affect my passport application?

zimba
Mood:

Re: Do I need a BRP before applying for my British passport?

Post by zimba » Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:19 pm

Peace101 wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:51 am
At the moment i have a visa that indicate I have ILR instead of a BRP. I need to continue my work and it states on my Visa that the ILR expires next week and i am only allowed to apply for my British passport until November.
Can i apply for BRP before i apply for my British passport in order to extend my work permit? or will this affect my passport application?
What do you mean by ' allowed to apply for a British passport' ??? That makes no sense. You cannot get a British passport unless you naturalise as a British citizen first and then you may apply for a passport. If you are British then you cannot have ILR status at all as that is lost when you become a citizen. What is your immigration status ?
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice