ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

documents checklist to submit before the biometric apppointments on the UKVCAS website

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

cscap
Newly Registered
Italy

documents checklist to submit before the biometric apppointments on the UKVCAS website

Post by cscap » Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:58 pm

Hi Everyone!
I applied for the British citizenship with the naturalisation route and I have now booked my biometric appointment. I have a question about the documents I need to submit and I can't find guidance anywhere so I was hoping you could help me!
When I log into my profile on the UKVCAS website and go onto the documents sections it says that my only mandatory document to upload is my current passport (italian).
However, there is an 'optional documents' section and it says:
"Below is a list of optional document categories. Please ensure you check your Access UK document checklist before including documents in the categories below. For some application routes, ‘Optional’ documents offer you the ability to provide evidence in a number of categories at your discretion to satisfy immigration rules."

Here are my questions:
- If I don't submit any of my optional documents, will my application be fine anyway?
- I can't find the documents checklist anywhere, does anyone know where I can find it?

Thank you so much in advance!!

alterhase58
Germany

Re: documents checklist to submit before the biometric apppointments on the UKVCAS website

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Mar 26, 2022 1:09 pm

Not familiar as to how you get to those messages:

Normally you provide the following document scans:
- Passport
- Settled Status approval/ref number
- Documents supporting residency - such as P60s or Council Tax bills per year
- English Test
- Life in the UK
- Referee declarations

So whatever the message says, the above documents are required (and not optional) and you need to load them (in category "Other"). Naturalisation isn't an immigration application..... You don't submit the checklist - it's the documents you submit. If you don't UKVI won't process the application.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

daku
Albania

Re: documents checklist to submit before the biometric apppointments on the UKVCAS website

Post by daku » Sat Mar 26, 2022 3:12 pm

The checklist would be where you applied online on the HO website and not on UKVCAS

cscap
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by cscap » Tue Mar 29, 2022 12:50 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 1:09 pm
Not familiar as to how you get to those messages:

Normally you provide the following document scans:
- Passport
- Settled Status approval/ref number
- Documents supporting residency - such as P60s or Council Tax bills per year
- English Test
- Life in the UK
- Referee declarations

So whatever the message says, the above documents are required (and not optional) and you need to load them (in category "Other"). Naturalisation isn't an immigration application..... You don't submit the checklist - it's the documents you submit. If you don't UKVI won't process the application.
Amazing, thank you! I will do just that!

cscap
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by cscap » Tue Mar 29, 2022 12:59 pm

daku wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 3:12 pm
The checklist would be where you applied online on the HO website and not on UKVCAS
I can't find it!!

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:21 pm

cscap wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:58 pm
- I can't find the documents checklist anywhere, does anyone know where I can find it?
Not your fault. The naturalisation application form is very badly designed. Once you pay, it does not show you the rest. You need to close the page, then log in again. Once you are logged in again, you should be on step "6. Further actions" (the form should have jumped to this point after payment, but it doesn't).

Here you find the lists of all documents you need. The checklist is a little down the page, where it says: "Optional actions"
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

cscap
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by cscap » Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:45 am

kamoe wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:21 pm
cscap wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:58 pm
Not your fault. The naturalisation application form is very badly designed. Once you pay, it does not show you the rest. You need to close the page, then log in again. Once you are logged in again, you should be on step "6. Further actions" (the form should have jumped to this point after payment, but it doesn't).

Here you find the lists of all documents you need. The checklist is a little down the page, where it says: "Optional actions"
Found it! I can't thank you enough :) Thanks!!!