ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents for Naturalisation / British Passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

shwetakarthik
Newly Registered
India

Documents for Naturalisation / British Passport

Post by shwetakarthik » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:44 pm

Hi,

I have applied for Naturalisation / British Citizenship using the New Service. I understand we need to provide P60s (6 years), payslips ( last 6 months), employment letter, bank statements (last 6 months), BRP, passport copy, home agreement and Life in the UK pass certificate as the supporting documents. However, is it necessary to provide - Evidence of your ongoing residence in the UK ( 2-3 documents per year, such as bank statements, council tax bills, utility bills, addressed to you at your current address)? Kindly advise

Thank you
S

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Documents for Naturalisation / British Passport

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:53 pm

P60s (6 years), payslips ( last 6 months), employment letter, bank statements (last 6 months), home agreement as the supporting documents. However, is it necessary to provide - Evidence of your ongoing residence in the UK ( 2-3 documents per year, such as bank statements, council tax bills, utility bills, addressed to you at your current address)? Kindly advise
None of those documents are required if you are a person holding ILR. You also need to include evidence of meeting the English requirement.

As you don't state your immigration history and based on your flag, I am assuming you hold ILR following 5 year on a visa under the UK immigration rules and not the eea/EU rules.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.