ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents to upload to UKVCAS before Biometrics appointment

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jkdaddy
Newly Registered
Mood:
France

Urgent: Application submitted before passing the life in the UK test

Post by jkdaddy » Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:15 am

Hi ALL,

I am currently in the process of applying for a british citizenship and I realized that I have sent my application without doing the life in the uk test( replied no on the question " Have you passed life in the UK test"?). I though it was meant to be done as part of your application and not before.

I have started revising for the test and my exam is next thursday (29th of April) and I booked the appointment with UKVCAS for uploading and sending the docs + Biometrics on the 20th of May. I havent uploaded any documents yet.

Do you guys think I should be okay if I upload the life in the UK test certificate when I pass it alongside a cover letter explaining my mistake when I submit the documents? Did anyone ever made this mistake before?What would you recommend?

I really hope my application is not compromised because of this mistake.

Regards,

Jk

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Urgent: Application submitted before passing the life in the UK test

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:47 am

Technically you should have passed LIUK before the application date. But it should be okay as long you provide a LIUK pass notification reference number before biometrics with an explanation.

However, you may also consider to withdraw your application and reapply after you have passed your test. You will get a refund for your existing application if you withdraw before submitting biometrics.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:55 am

Since you very recently applied and your LIUK is just next week, if I were you, I would withdraw and reapply after passing LIUK next week, given you meet all the AN requirements on that date.

You have nothing to loose but to gain. If you apply on the 29th Apr after passing LIUK, you will get biometrics appointment for 26th May. So really its only matter of a week difference.

You could also get lucky to find an earlier biometrics slot if there is any cancellation.

You may want to try your luck finding an earlier biometrics appointment in case you choose to withdraw and reapply:
british-citizenship/steps-to-follow-aft ... 14359.html
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

jkdaddy
Newly Registered
Mood:
France

Post by jkdaddy » Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:16 am

Thanks for the reply.

Ah okay I see. It feels like cancelling and then reapplying seems like the most sensible option as I have nothing to lose. I have couple of questions tho:

1) Do you know how long it takes to get your money refunded?

2) If I cancel an application, wouldn't it affect the next application I will be doing?

The good thing about reapplying is that I already have all the info from the first application so it should be a quick process. I am guessing my appointment for Biometrics on the 20th of May would be cancelled and I would have to book another one then.

I was thinking of calling Home office on Monday(as they are closed on weekends) and explaining them the situation and asking them whats the best course of action to do? what do you think?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:33 pm

jkdaddy wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:16 am
Thanks for the reply.

Ah okay I see. It feels like cancelling and then reapplying seems like the most sensible option as I have nothing to lose. I have couple of questions tho:

1) Do you know how long it takes to get your money refunded?
2-3weeks

2) If I cancel an application, wouldn't it affect the next application I will be doing?
No

The good thing about reapplying is that I already have all the info from the first application so it should be a quick process. I am guessing my appointment for Biometrics on the 20th of May would be cancelled and I would have to book another one then.
You will cancel your biometrics appointment also. If it was paid you will get the refund also minus £10 admin fee. You will have to book a fresh biometrics appointment in case you choose to reapply after you pay and submit via the “book an appointment” tab at the further actions page.

I was thinking of calling Home office on Monday(as they are closed on weekends) and explaining them the situation and asking them whats the best course of action to do? what do you think?
You can try but they will only waste your energy and time.
You have both options as stated above (carry on with existing application or reapply), make an informed decision.

jkdaddy
Newly Registered
Mood:
France

British application Documents checklists Passport

Post by jkdaddy » Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:05 am

Hi guys,

So I am in the process of submitting my documents on UKVCAS biometrics appointment and I would like to know if I need to scan all the pages from my passport or just the main page which has my pictures and details.

Thanks in advance.

abhijit19
India

Re: British application Documents checklists Passport

Post by abhijit19 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:39 am

All of them

jkdaddy
Newly Registered
Mood:
France

Documents to upload to UKVCAS before Biometrics appointment

Post by jkdaddy » Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:17 am

Hi team,

So I am about to start the process of uploading my documents to UKVCAS before my biometrics appointment on the 9th of August.

I am french citizen so European. I have gathered a list of the documents I am going to upload and I wanted to make sure thats fine and that I did not forget anything:

1) Evidence of lawfully 5 years - P60 forms from the past 5 years, settled status.
2) Degree certificate + transcripts( masters + Bachelors)
3) Proof of living in the UK for years : - p60s forms, my employer contract, last 6 months payslips, bank statements for the past 5 years,tenancy agreement from my current house, settled status.
4) copy of my french passport ( do I need to scans the main page with my photo and informations or all the passport pages including the stamped pages).
5) 2 referees certificate signed

Do you think  I am missing something ? or maybe theres some documents that are not needed?

Thanks.

​​​​​​​Jean

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Documents to upload to UKVCAS before Biometrics appointment

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:16 am

jkdaddy wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:17 am
Hi team,

So I am about to start the process of uploading my documents to UKVCAS before my biometrics appointment on the 9th of August.

I am french citizen so European. I have gathered a list of the documents I am going to upload and I wanted to make sure thats fine and that I did not forget anything:

1) Evidence of lawfully 5 years - P60 forms from the past 5 years, settled status.
2) Degree certificate + transcripts( masters + Bachelors)
3) Proof of living in the UK for years : - p60s forms, my employer contract, last 6 months payslips, bank statements for the past 5 years,tenancy agreement from my current house, settled status.
4) copy of my french passport ( do I need to scans the main page with my photo and informations or all the passport pages including the stamped pages).
5) 2 referees certificate signed

Do you think  I am missing something ? or maybe theres some documents that are not needed?

Thanks.

​​​​​​​Jean
1 & 2 are fine. You only need one degree cert and you do NOT need the transcript.
3. You do not need all of these. Your P60s are sufficient.
4. All pages.
5. Fine.

What about Life in the UK test??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.