ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Early Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

wazee89

Early Application

Post by wazee89 » Tue May 11, 2021 10:07 pm

Can my wife apply for naturalisation ignoring a year's wait?
she has been granted ILR on 10 years route a week ago. Previously she was on FLRFP and tier 1 general dependent. I am a British Citizen and naturalised 2 years ago after my LR.

I have filled the application form but got confused if she is eligible or whether she needs to wait for a year before she can apply for naturalisation.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Early Application

Post by CULLINAN » Wed May 12, 2021 12:56 am

She is eligible to apply now as per Section 6(2) BNA 1981. Obviously she has to meet all other requirements i.e. residence, physical presence at the start of the qualifying period, good character etc.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

wazee89

Post by wazee89 » Wed May 12, 2021 7:07 am

Thanks for confirming.
So It wasn't a requirement for me to be British national for the last 5 years immediately preceding her naturalisation application neither she needed to be on a dependent visa e.g. FLRM.

As long as I am British at the time of her naturalisation application even if I was naturalised a few weeks ago, she is eligible??

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 12, 2021 7:19 am

As long as I am British at the time of her naturalisation application even if I was naturalised a few weeks ago, she is eligible??
Yes and provided she meets all the requirements for citizenship etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.