ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English language requirement for naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

vinodhks
Newly Registered

Re: English language requirement for naturalisation

Post by vinodhks » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:41 am

Please refer https://www.gov.uk/english-language. It clearly mentioned that

You’ll need to provide your original degree certificate and 1 of the following:

-a printout from the points-based calculator with the equivalent level of your degree and the level of English
-an original letter or certificate from UK NARIC confirming the equivalent level of your degree, plus an official letter from your university with your name and degree confirming that your degree was taught in English
-an original and official certificate from your university confirming the degree was taught or researched in a majority English-speaking country (excepting Canada)

I am going to apply next week with a point based calculator print out and let every one knows what happens..

farrukhnizam

English language requirement for naturalisation

Post by farrukhnizam » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:41 pm

Hi,
my wife is going to apply nationalization soon. She needs to take B1 exam.
Is there any way she can take IELTS exam instead of B1 exam. If yes then which one she can take it like IELTS General or Academic and score required to reach B1 level.

Thanks
FN

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:46 pm

farrukhnizam wrote:Hi,
my wife is going to apply nationalization soon. She needs to take B1 exam.
Is there any way she can take IELTS exam instead of B1 exam. If yes then which one she can take it like IELTS General or Academic and score required to reach B1 level.

Thanks
FN
There is nothing called B1 exam. In the list of tests below, you need a set score to be treated as B1 level. Please see the approved list of tests and scores required to satisfy the B1 level of English . By the way, IELTS is in the list and one needs to get atleast 4.0 to attain a B1 level. She cantake academic or general.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... -tests.pdf

tascopic
Newly Registered

Post by tascopic » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:01 am

if one has obtained a post graductae Diploma from a UK university and applying for naturalisation. what evidence does he need to show to meet the english level requirements? thanks

guptarakeshh1
Newly Registered

Post by guptarakeshh1 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:54 am

Hi,
I need a help on English Language
I moved to UK way back in 2007, them HSMP in 2009 where I was given 10 points for english its the same again last year when I had to applied for my ILR, again I was given 10 points for English along with my English test which i had to pass for my ILR. Do I need to get my Degree verified for NARIC when UKBA has awarded me points for my Degree and English language ( 10 points) on all the previous 3 occasions?
Also about my spouse, as per UKBA online points calculator, she gets 10 points for her English and required points for her Degree ( Bachelor of Science from Ranchi University) , she has also passed the English test required for ILR, Do I still need to get her degree verified by NARIC to claim 10 points for English?
whether the UKBA calculator will be accepted by Brent Council - National checking services team for my Naturalisation , where I intend to visit to submit my documents.
A prompt help will be highly appreciated...Many thanks