ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Proficiency test, expired passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mixme
Newly Registered

English Proficiency test, expired passport

Post by mixme » Wed May 16, 2018 10:19 pm

Hi,

Can anyone pls offer some advice? My sister has just applied for citizenship, she has an ILR stamped in her passport, which is expired, and has submitted her docs to the HO without doing the English B1 test. They've now requested for this but the centre states they need a valid passport which isn't expired. She also couldn't get a provisional license for the same expired passport reason. Is there anything we can do to get this test written? I read online about an 'affidavit of identity' and we have a photocopy of the passport but our hopes are fading, esp as the fee for the passport has been debited, rather quickly, from her account.
The embassy Senegal say they can only provide travel docs and not a new passport but 'with a valid one way ticket' any advice would be most welcome.

Thanks

Mixme

kushalprasad
Newly Registered

Re: English Proficiency test, expired passport

Post by kushalprasad » Sat May 19, 2018 11:58 pm

I was once in such situation. I thought of all possibilities but there were none. You need to have a valid passport of virtually anything which has to do with govt.
I didn't apply for citizenship. I first renewed passport then applied.

I'm afraid I've no feasible solution for you.

The best you can do is to get Travel document from your embassy and try to convince Test people. I doubt they will be convinced you no harm in giving it a try.

Worst case scenario they will refuse your citizenship application, renew passport and then re-apply. You will lose money but there is no other way.