ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

eu settelment scheme

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Marlena
Newly Registered
Mood:

eu settelment scheme

Post by Marlena » Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:27 pm

hi I already applied my son MN1 application for British citizen for my son now my question 30th of June is the last day for the EU settlement scheme so I need to apply my son EU settlement scheme as well ? my son got polish passport I am brtish

alterhase58
Germany

Re: eu settelment scheme

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:38 pm

You should apply for your son's Settled Status now so he has status for the duration of the MN1 application - as long as you have applied for him by 30 June he is covered after that date.
The MN1 registration application does not confer any residency rights until it has been approved.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Marlena
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Marlena » Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:01 pm

my son born in the UK in 2011 I am a british, polish mother and my son just got a polish passport I already applied MN1 British citizen application still waiting. you think still I need to apply for my son EU Settlement scheme 30th June is the last day for the EU settlement scheme I am confused please help me thx

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:15 pm

Marlena wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:01 pm
my son born in the UK in 2011 I am a british, polish mother and my son just got a polish passport I already applied MN1 British citizen application still waiting. you think still I need to apply for my son EU Settlement scheme 30th June is the last day for the EU settlement scheme I am confused please help me thx
Please clarify, were you British when your son was born?
If you became British after son's birth that doesn't change his status at all.

Note that unlikely some immigration applications naturalisation/registration as British citizen doesn't give any residency rights until the application is approved. So from 1st July son would be without status - therefore it's important that everyone in this situation apply for settled status. Even if the settled application is not approved by 30th June applicant is still covered by virtue of having applied. This is just to cover the gap until son receives his registration document. The application is free.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.