ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Exceeding absences limit after applying

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

aidoran
Newly Registered
Russia

Exceeding absences limit after applying

Post by aidoran » Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:23 am

I spent 88 days abroad in the last 12 months.

I want to apply to British naturalisation in December and have plans to go abroad after that, but that will exceed 90 days abroad in the last 12 months.

Will it be count and can my application be rejected because of that or I can travel safely as I didn't exceed the limit on a day of applying?

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Exceeding absences limit after applying

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:11 am

Travel after you have submitted your application is not relevant - only absences up to your application date. The 12 months are not per year - it's 12 months back from the application date.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

aidoran
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by aidoran » Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:25 am

Thanks for the prompt reply!

Do you know if there's any official information about absences after submitting the application. Cannot find anything at gov.uk.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:41 am

There is no guidance for what is not required .....
But check the AN official guidance for details of the absences requirement: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... n-guidance
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.