ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Excessive documentation asked for first child passport from overseas

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

arts99

Excessive documentation asked for first child passport from overseas

Post by arts99 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:34 pm

Hi,

I will be grateful if someone can share their knowledge or advice on the following; it seems a very common practice for HMPO to ask for far more documents and information than clearly mentioned on their required supporting documents pdf for first child passport application from overseas.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _10.16.pdf

Especially from countries like Pakistan, India etc.

For example they state in the document that for all children born after 2006 marriage certificate of parents is not needed however even when the marriage certificate is sent they ask for nikkah nama and in some cases wedding pictures of the parents.

They ask for birth certificate and hospital birth report on the document but even when they are provided they ask for family registration certificate to show family members of the child.

In many cases the additional documents are only providing redundant information; if they actually need all these documents then why don’t they mention clearly on the supporting documents pdf so the process is more efficient.

Why do they ask for additional documents for proving children parents marriage when for those born after 2006 it’s not a requirement.

I recently contacted them from their website form and asked under which published rules they ask for these additional things and they have not given any answer.

What can be done so that HMPO reviews their policy to either give all the requirements upfront or not ask for those not mentioned clearly.

Is it actually legal for them to asks for documents not mentioned on the published required supporting documents list?

Thank you

malikuk
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Excessive documentation asked for first child passport from overseas

Post by malikuk » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:54 pm

HI

My brother applied for his son passport from Pakistan, they asked too many documents i.e marriage certificate, photos, medical record etc

too many documents

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:50 pm

I have noted the same problem with 2 Pakistan's application.

You need to make a complaint with HMPO and threaten with legal action, as those requirements does seems consistent with section 2(1) of the 1981 Act.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

arts99

Post by arts99 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:25 am

Thank you for the responses.

I understand its HMPO duty to try and combat possible passport fraud but by asking for additional documents which in a way will provide just redundant information does not actually help! For example, in case of Pakistan; in the presence of NADRA Marriage certificate asking for he nikah nama does not make sense because in Pakistan marriage certificate by NADRA is only issued after seeing the nikah nama. Similarly, in the presence of Birth certificate issued on NADRA paper getting the hospital birth certificate does not help as it’s just going to state the same thing; and the other thing is that when the birth certificate is issued the original hospital certificate is kept by the relevant authority in Pakistan.

Getting these additional documents and then making colour copies of them etc takes time and money and delays the process.

Can anyone please suggest text for responding to HMPO with? when their view is: "Although additional documentation requested is not in the supporting documentation table published on our website, HMPO reserve the right to request further documentation to enable us to confirm both identity and nationality." So, they are prompted to review their policy as its inconvenient for so many people.

Thank you