ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

Locked
johnhkg
Member
Posts: 182
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:40 am
Hong Kong

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by johnhkg » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:04 am

pusched wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:34 pm
Hi,

My partner (non-EEA) just got BPR card and as I am dual EU/British can apply for British citizenship straight away.

When I applied for my British Citizenship I took my documents to be checked (by a council service I believe) before the application was sent so that I could hold on to my passport.

I am currently trying to get my head around this new application process as on the gov website it says you will find out if you need to send your documents during the application.

Anyone knows at what stage do you find this out? We were hoping to apply but keep hold of the passport and BPR.

Thank you.
With the new system you fill out the online application as you did before for yourself. Then, after submitting and paying the fee you get to upload scans of all your required documents (the online application process generates a list for you). No need to send originals. See last post by dahuja telling you about the process. It is very accurate from my experience.

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 78714
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:52 am

Can members who post in this topic PLEASE only post if it is British Citizenship that has been applied for and NOT a visa extension or ILR!!!

All other queries to be posted in the existing topic links below, as relevant.

general-uk-immigration-forum/ukvcas-sup ... 67745.html

general-uk-immigration-forum/new-appoin ... 67507.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bookerw100
Member
Posts: 152
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:40 pm

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by bookerw100 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:06 pm

dahuja wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:32 am
Dear all,

This forum has been really useful to me in the past, so I am sharing my recent experience of application for naturalisation and use of UKVCAS with all.
I completed and submitted my application in the first week of January 2019. Before I submitted my application, I was trying to find out what dates are available from UKVCAS but there is no such option available. You have to complete the online form, make the payment and then only the option for selecting the centre and dates becomes available.
Anyway, I completed the form, paid the fees and then selected Birmingham and 10th Jan as my appointment date. Once I had made the selections, then I was able to register and login to the UKVCAS site.
The site then provided option for uploading the documents which was rather straightforward.
I was provided a document checklist on completion of form, so I used that to submit the relevant documents.
Finally, I had to print off the appointment confirmation QR code and take along to the appointment.

My appointment was scheduled for 1300 hours, so I reached there half an hour in advance. But the UKVCAS team was running late so I was told to go away and come back exactly at 1300. When I went back, I had to wait till 1325 before being given a token number to sit in the waiting area.
After a long wait, I was called in for a biometric, but the machine did not function properly and I was advised that the person checking my documents will take the picture and submit the biometrics as well. (I was like, so why dont they do this as a matter of course?)
Anyway, the lady who was supposed to check my documents just scanned my passports, completed the biometrics, but did not check my documents.
The appointment was completed in 10 minutes.
Overall, it wasn't a bad experience except it felt like a waste of time going all the way when they did not bother to see the original documents. Biometrics used to be done at Post Office as well previously, so why could that not have been continued. On the positive side, it was a free appointment, I was able to upload all the documents in advance and I did not have to submit my original passport as I will be travelling shortly.
Hi thanks for sharing.
did you also have to take a proof of address - drivers license, utility bill etc? as some members here have reported UKVCAS asking for that on the day

matei72
Newly Registered
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:49 pm
Ireland

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by matei72 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:19 pm

An update... just got a phone call from the Home Office. They wanted to know several things, first if I have a second passport and if I have proof that I was here and gainfully employed between 2013-2015.

I was shocked, as the passports were the first thing that were scanned at my UKVCAS appointment. As a matter of fact, they were the only thing on the requirement list that the UKVCAS staffer had.

The Home Officer person also said that they're unable to accept bank statements as proof (!?!) - as I had submitted them not only as proof of address, but to also show I was receiving a salary etc.

I explained that I'd also had a load of P60s and correspondence from the HMRC scanned in as well - however she was unable to find them.

She eventually found the P60s, and she explained that the scans are just dumped in different folders in no particular order. In my case I had provided them with P60s, bank statements, passports, IRL card and a few other things. What is worrying is that she can't see some of the scans.

What a fiasco. To think that you're forced to pay a hefty sum for this "service" only to have experience this is galling.

DocKnow
Junior Member
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:38 pm
Sri Lanka

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by DocKnow » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:36 pm

You should complain to the official UKVCAS email and also to HO. I agree, the whole system feels like a fiasco. Most people who applied in November and used the UKVCAS system have not received their approval yet. A lot of people who applied under the old system seem to have received their approval.

rpaw
Newly Registered
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:31 pm
Poland

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by rpaw » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:45 pm

what a disappointment, when & where u done ur SS appointment plz

matei72
Newly Registered
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:49 pm
Ireland

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by matei72 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:00 pm

rpaw wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:45 pm
what a disappointment, when & where u done ur SS appointment plz
27/11 at UKVCAS lounge in London.

matei72
Newly Registered
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:49 pm
Ireland

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by matei72 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:09 pm

DocKnow wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:36 pm
You should complain to the official UKVCAS email and also to HO. I agree, the whole system feels like a fiasco. Most people who applied in November and used the UKVCAS system have not received their approval yet. A lot of people who applied under the old system seem to have received their approval.
Thanks... I've filed a complaint via the Sopra Steria website, fat lot that will probably do.

DocKnow
Junior Member
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:38 pm
Sri Lanka

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by DocKnow » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:18 pm

matei72 wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:09 pm
DocKnow wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:36 pm
You should complain to the official UKVCAS email and also to HO. I agree, the whole system feels like a fiasco. Most people who applied in November and used the UKVCAS system have not received their approval yet. A lot of people who applied under the old system seem to have received their approval.
Thanks... I've filed a complaint via the Sopra Steria website, fat lot that will probably do.
In hindsight, I feel i should have applied through the old system or NCS. Reading what you've just written now is very worrying.

I guess, one positive thing is that plenty of ILR applications have been approved through the UKVCAS system and so it's possible that the upload system is working correctly for most part and your application was an exception.

DocKnow
Junior Member
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:38 pm
Sri Lanka

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by DocKnow » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:59 pm

DocKnow wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:18 pm
matei72 wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:09 pm
DocKnow wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:36 pm
You should complain to the official UKVCAS email and also to HO. I agree, the whole system feels like a fiasco. Most people who applied in November and used the UKVCAS system have not received their approval yet. A lot of people who applied under the old system seem to have received their approval.
Thanks... I've filed a complaint via the Sopra Steria website, fat lot that will probably do.
In hindsight, I feel i should have applied through the old system or NCS. Reading what you've just written now is very worrying.

I guess, one positive thing is that plenty of ILR applications have been approved through the UKVCAS system and so it's possible that the upload system is working correctly for most part and your application was an exception.

This is further indicated by the fact that people who submitted towards the end of November through NDRS are getting their approvals now whereas, early November UKVCAS are still waiting. I could be completely wrong but the timeline thread hints at this correlation.

pusched
Newbie
Posts: 37
Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:05 am
Portugal

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by pusched » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:24 pm

Just to clarify, are the options now to apply only through UKVCAS or by post where you send off your documents?

User avatar
alterhase58
Respected Guru
Posts: 3928
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:02 pm
Location: UK Bucks
Germany

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:47 pm

pusched wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:24 pm
Just to clarify, are the options now to apply only through UKVCAS or by post where you send off your documents?
Yes.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice - they will be ignored

pusched
Newbie
Posts: 37
Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:05 am
Portugal

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by pusched » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:48 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:47 pm
pusched wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:24 pm
Just to clarify, are the options now to apply only through UKVCAS or by post where you send off your documents?
Yes.
Thank you.

Konsog
Newbie
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:26 pm

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by Konsog » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:53 pm

DocKnow wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:59 pm
DocKnow wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:18 pm
matei72 wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:09 pm
DocKnow wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:36 pm
You should complain to the official UKVCAS email and also to HO. I agree, the whole system feels like a fiasco. Most people who applied in November and used the UKVCAS system have not received their approval yet. A lot of people who applied under the old system seem to have received their approval.
Thanks... I've filed a complaint via the Sopra Steria website, fat lot that will probably do.
In hindsight, I feel i should have applied through the old system or NCS. Reading what you've just written now is very worrying.

I guess, one positive thing is that plenty of ILR applications have been approved through the UKVCAS system and so it's possible that the upload system is working correctly for most part and your application was an exception.

This is further indicated by the fact that people who submitted towards the end of November through NDRS are getting their approvals now whereas, early November UKVCAS are still waiting. I could be completely wrong but the timeline thread hints at this correlation.
There seems to be something to this, but a few people have also had their application accepted through UKVCAS. I guess it's hard to tell for now, but I hope you're wrong as I also applied through the new service.

I do remember being a bit suspicious of the whole scanning process at the lounge at the time, mostly because the person working there jumbled up my documents before she even fed them through the scanner. If I had to do it again, I'd probably scan the documents myself before attending the appointment.

Dave12560
BANNED
Posts: 87
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:18 pm
Hong Kong

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by Dave12560 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:01 pm

DocKnow wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:36 pm
You should complain to the official UKVCAS email and also to HO. I agree, the whole system feels like a fiasco. Most people who applied in November and used the UKVCAS system have not received their approval yet. A lot of people who applied under the old system seem to have received their approval.
with new seystem 90% application has been overlooked

DocKnow
Junior Member
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:38 pm
Sri Lanka

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by DocKnow » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:15 pm

Dave12560 wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:01 pm
DocKnow wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:36 pm
You should complain to the official UKVCAS email and also to HO. I agree, the whole system feels like a fiasco. Most people who applied in November and used the UKVCAS system have not received their approval yet. A lot of people who applied under the old system seem to have received their approval.
with new seystem 90% application has been overlooked
And in addition to the process being stressful, you have annoying people like Dave who spread rumors.

Dave12560
BANNED
Posts: 87
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:18 pm
Hong Kong

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by Dave12560 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:20 pm

DocKnow wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:15 pm
Dave12560 wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:01 pm
DocKnow wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:36 pm
You should complain to the official UKVCAS email and also to HO. I agree, the whole system feels like a fiasco. Most people who applied in November and used the UKVCAS system have not received their approval yet. A lot of people who applied under the old system seem to have received their approval.
with new seystem 90% application has been overlooked
And in addition to the process being stressful, you have annoying people like Dave who spread rumors.
there is only one case been aprooved with ukvcas u cant find any m ore

johnhkg
Member
Posts: 182
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:40 am
Hong Kong

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by johnhkg » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:21 pm

Dave12560 wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:01 pm
DocKnow wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:36 pm
You should complain to the official UKVCAS email and also to HO. I agree, the whole system feels like a fiasco. Most people who applied in November and used the UKVCAS system have not received their approval yet. A lot of people who applied under the old system seem to have received their approval.
with new seystem 90% application has been overlooked
Please kindly explain how you know this.

Dave12560
BANNED
Posts: 87
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:18 pm
Hong Kong

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by Dave12560 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:23 pm

johnhkg wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:21 pm
Dave12560 wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:01 pm
DocKnow wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:36 pm
You should complain to the official UKVCAS email and also to HO. I agree, the whole system feels like a fiasco. Most people who applied in November and used the UKVCAS system have not received their approval yet. A lot of people who applied under the old system seem to have received their approval.
with new seystem 90% application has been overlooked
Please kindly explain how you know this.
look in november time linev

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 78714
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:27 pm

Dave12560 wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:23 pm
johnhkg wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:21 pm
Dave12560 wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:01 pm
DocKnow wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:36 pm
You should complain to the official UKVCAS email and also to HO. I agree, the whole system feels like a fiasco. Most people who applied in November and used the UKVCAS system have not received their approval yet. A lot of people who applied under the old system seem to have received their approval.
with new seystem 90% application has been overlooked
Please kindly explain how you know this.
look in november time linev
Can you please stop posting 'scaremongering' posts on the forum. You are already on 'thin ice' status, one step away from being banned.

Citizenship applications take as long as they need to take. Some members on the forum are still waiting for more than a year and one member since late 2016, applied using NCS.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

DocKnow
Junior Member
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:38 pm
Sri Lanka

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by DocKnow » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:44 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:27 pm
Dave12560 wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:23 pm
johnhkg wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:21 pm
Dave12560 wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:01 pm


with new seystem 90% application has been overlooked
Please kindly explain how you know this.
look in november time linev
Can you please stop posting 'scaremongering' posts on the forum. You are already on 'thin ice' status, one step away from being banned.

Citizenship applications take as long as they need to take. Some members on the forum are still waiting for more than a year and one member since late 2016, applied using NCS.

Well keeping aside the scaremongering issue with the annoying Mr Dave, I think there is separate point- it appears there are operational issues with UKVCAS. I understand there are applications outstanding since 2016 but most of them, inherently, involve complex situations.

I absolutely respect the fact citizenship applications take time because appropriate checks have to be carried out. However, if the delay is due to silly operational reasons, then it becomes very annoying. Especially since we pay huge amounts of application processing fees.

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 78714
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:00 pm

@ user Dave12560 - This is your final warning. Do NOT post details of who is who that is your 'friend' and where they work. Your post has been removed AGAIN!!

Note also that UKCVAS has NO access to HO's application processing and internal processes. They are ONLY a third party facilitation service.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

shankar981
Junior Member
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:21 pm
Mood:

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by shankar981 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:31 pm

Well keeping aside the scaremongering issue with the annoying Mr Dave, I think there is separate point- it appears there are operational issues with UKVCAS. I understand there are applications outstanding since 2016 but most of them, inherently, involve complex situations.

I absolutely respect the fact citizenship applications take time because appropriate checks have to be carried out. However, if the delay is due to silly operational reasons, then it becomes very annoying. Especially since we pay huge amounts of application processing fees.
May be it is worth checking with HO through the Freedom of Information act (https://www.whatdotheyknow.com) to see how many applications were received through the old and new method in November and how many were processed in each category till date.

This may provide an idea as to whether UKVCAS route has issues or not.

Lickylicki
Newly Registered
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:19 pm
Mood:
Nigeria

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by Lickylicki » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:52 pm

Please as regards to the submission of supporting documents for ukf form would it be original or scanned copies as I reside in Nigeria and I think it's risky to send my original passport

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 78714
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:39 pm

Lickylicki wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:52 pm
Please as regards to the submission of supporting documents for ukf form would it be original or scanned copies as I reside in Nigeria and I think it's risky to send my original passport
This topic is for applications within the UK using the new service for form AN citizenship and not for form UKF from abroad. You have to send originals. Please start your own topic or post in the UKF topic that we already have.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Locked
cron