Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Abdul83
Newly Registered
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:10 am

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by Abdul83 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:46 am

CR001 wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:41 pm
starsgate wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:02 pm
I applied using the New service on 14-01-2019 , used UkVCAS document checking and recieved email confirming the document uplouded correctly. Finger print taken after two days at Manchester central library after paying £100 for the apointment in addition to £35 for checking the documents. Now I am waiting ? People Told me that waiting time mostly depend on the personality of your case worker , wether if he is a lazy or hard worker. confused to see people met all the requirment get approval in one month while others wait two or three months .Not including the applicants who got legal problems and might wait longer . I hope that is not true :|
Oh please. I really wish people would just use some common sense sometimes, bearing in mind that many applicants only post the 'favourable' aspects of their circumstances on the forum.

Applying for BC has everything to do with meeting all the requirements of NATIONALITY LAW and the Good Character Requirement and not a 'lazy caseworker'. It is after all not an entitlement but a privilege to be granted citizenship that must be earned.
I applied to rigster my 2 sons as British citizen on the basis they were born in the UK for parents with ILR at the time of their Birth. when I applied for them "last October" both application posted on the same day, their age was 4 and 6. beleive it or not!!! my son who is 6 years old received his Registration Certificate after 22 days which left me ver impressed :shock: , while my 4 years old received his Certificate after 3 months + few days :?
I think this 3 months and my 4 years old son has something to do with NATIONALITY LAW and the Good Character Requirement but not a 'lazy caseworker'

Mariefairie
Newly Registered
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:20 am
Mood:
Russia

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by Mariefairie » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:24 am

Hi everyone I am about to apply soon and I'm very confused with the below Can someone help please : do I ask two referees to take their own photos and upload onto each form or do I upload MY OWN photos onto referee forms ? Very confusing and also they ask to write date of birth etc and name is it my name or referees? After weve written we glue the photo ? Doesn't make sense abd also then I rescan it and upload to the system after they signed it and uploaded pcis ? Many thanks

alsanober
Junior Member
Posts: 90
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:06 pm
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by alsanober » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:47 am

Mariefairie wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:24 am
Hi everyone I am about to apply soon and I'm very confused with the below Can someone help please : do I ask two referees to take their own photos and upload onto each form or do I upload MY OWN photos onto referee forms ? Very confusing and also they ask to write date of birth etc and name is it my name or referees? After weve written we glue the photo ? Doesn't make sense abd also then I rescan it and upload to the system after they signed it and uploaded pcis ? Many thanks
you need to affix your photos, referees needs to countersign the forms.

bp-122
Newly Registered
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:17 am
Mood:
India

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by bp-122 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:20 am

gkuk wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:52 pm
Hi,

Just saw a few comments about free appointments not being available.

Would like to add that I managed to get free appointment in Croydon. It was definitely not easy to get the appointment, was kind off checking for the appointment every now and then.

But was lucky all of a sudden around 3.45 pm on Tuesday 27th Nov was able to see free slots in Croydon, which I booked. Guess the free slots might open around evening time.

Will share my experience about the visit, once I finish the appointment.

Hope this helps.

Hi gkuk

Did you get your decision, if yes, how long did it take after the submission of biometrics?

Best regards
BP

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 63173
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:51 am

bp-122 wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:20 am
gkuk wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:52 pm
Hi,

Just saw a few comments about free appointments not being available.

Would like to add that I managed to get free appointment in Croydon. It was definitely not easy to get the appointment, was kind off checking for the appointment every now and then.

But was lucky all of a sudden around 3.45 pm on Tuesday 27th Nov was able to see free slots in Croydon, which I booked. Guess the free slots might open around evening time.

Will share my experience about the visit, once I finish the appointment.

Hope this helps.

Hi gkuk

Did you get your decision, if yes, how long did it take after the submission of biometrics?

Best regards
BP
Useful to look at the timeline post the user posted on 5th Feb, no decision as yet after bio appt on 30th Dec.
gkuk wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:57 pm
Citizenship:
eligibility criteria: 5 years + 3year ILR
Language Criteria: Life in UK Test, ILR obtained before 28-Oct-2013
Nationality: Indian
Method of application: UKVCAS- Croydon London
Date of application: 27/11/2018
Payment method: Online by Card
Date of acknowledgement: 27/11/2018
Date of debit of fees: 26/11/2018
Date of Biometric letter issued: na
Date of biometric letter received: na
Date Biometrics enrolled: 30/12/2018
Date of UKVCAS appointment: 30/12/2018
Date on Approval letter:
Date of receipt of approval:
Date of receipt of ceremony letter:
Date of Ceremony:
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

charmy244
Newly Registered
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:48 am

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by charmy244 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:05 pm

Can someome please help me out here who has received approval for citizenship ? I am applying this week for naturalization and I am going to use new UKVCAS service.

Do I need to upload "consent form" as well as a part of my application ?

beedle123
Newly Registered
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:25 am
India

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by beedle123 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:28 pm

I found an appointment within a week of submitting the application form back in November.
shaneoh1980 wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:23 am
beedle123 wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:40 am
Just posting my experience with the 'new' process for naturalisation applications.

a) I duly completed the required online application on the Home Office website.
b) Once I submitted the application, I was directed to UKVCAS website to create a login and password for submitting my documents and booking a biometrics appointment.
c) I created my credentials on the UKVCAS website and uploaded all scanned copies of my supporting documents and chose a date for my appointment at my preferred location (normal service, not premium).
d) I went to the service centre where I had to submit biometrics at an automatic machine (I was impressed).
e) The lady at the counter verified that my biometrics were taken correctly by the machine as well as asked me if I would like to submit any more supporting documents and then let me go.

Before all this, I had initially booked an appointment at another centre, however UKVCAS called me to say that their new biometrics system was down, hence I should cancel my appointment. I did so immediately and booked a new one - above account is related to that.

However, I had to pay again and UKVCAS have not yet refunded me for the first appointment even though they said that I would get the money back in 10 working days which are long gone now.

Very expensive to call them as well because the call charges are GBP 2.50 per minute - so I have lodged a complaint on their website.

If I do not get a response or refund in 5 days, I will have no alternative but to tweet and write to the Home Office itself as it is their subcontractor who is handling this process.
Hi beedle123

Can you please let me know how long in the future your appointment was? In other words, when booking, how long did you have to wait to attend? Thanks.

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 63173
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:51 pm

beedle123 wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:45 pm
This is NOT a timeline topic. Please only post here with experience of the new system. Timelines must be posted in the November timeline only topic please.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sghughes42
Newly Registered
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:45 pm
Location: Stockport

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by sghughes42 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:12 pm

3. For Non-EEA nationals, their passports act as proof of residence in the UK. It’ll have entry and exit stamps when travelling abroad. Only EEA nationals need to provide additional residence evidence because their passports aren’t stamped within the EEA countries.

4. Refer to HO guidance on opening of new centres.
The guidance specifically says entry and exit stamps aren't sufficient for Taiwanese. Not sure why or what else we can provide.

As for new centres, I can't find anything anywhere that suggests they are planning any more beyond the 57 already open. It seems amazing that Sheffield has a visa processing centre but you have to travel 30+ miles to submit your documents.

mtsgill
Junior Member
Posts: 67
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:11 pm
Location: London, United Kingdom
Mood:

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by mtsgill » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:24 am

sghughes42 wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:12 pm
3. For Non-EEA nationals, their passports act as proof of residence in the UK. It’ll have entry and exit stamps when travelling abroad. Only EEA nationals need to provide additional residence evidence because their passports aren’t stamped within the EEA countries.

4. Refer to HO guidance on opening of new centres.
The guidance specifically says entry and exit stamps aren't sufficient for Taiwanese. Not sure why or what else we can provide.

As for new centres, I can't find anything anywhere that suggests they are planning any more beyond the 57 already open. It seems amazing that Sheffield has a visa processing centre but you have to travel 30+ miles to submit your documents.
On the same guidance document (Link-https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... _2018_.pdf) Page 16, It says the following :

"If you are unable to provide your passport explain why on page 22 and supply
letters from employers (including start and finish dates), payslips, P60s,
educational establishments or other government departments indicating the
applicant’s presence in the United Kingdom during the relevant period."

As for centers, I referred to HO website for an updated guidance because there is very little this forum can do in terms of why there are few centers or when more will be opened.

sghughes42
Newly Registered
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:45 pm
Location: Stockport

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by sghughes42 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:24 pm

"If you are unable to provide your passport explain why on page 22 and supply
letters from employers (including start and finish dates), payslips, P60s...
Looks like we might have to delay this slightly then to have enough evidence. We only have what we used for the ILR application which is 2.5 years plus the few months since then. Only a few months more needed to meet the 3 years though.

I'd be very interested to know why only Taiwan and Northern Cyprus are singled out this way. Oh, and it says we must send the passport - does this still apply, or do we just need to show it and the UKVCAS appointment?
As for centers, I referred to HO website for an updated guidance because there is very little this forum can do in terms of why there are few centers or when more will be opened.
Sorry, I think my reply came across wrongly there. I was hoping that with the experience and insight on here someone might have heard about more centres, the various websites related to this are very scant on information and to be honest I don't have much faith on them being improved any time soon.

The UKVI announcement for this new service also mentions that 'on demand' and 'mobile' services will be available, for example on university campuses. Has anyone managed to locate any further information relating to this? My wife works at Sheffield Uni but no-one there is aware that this can / will be happening.

abdul_h009
Newly Registered
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:17 am
Mood:

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by abdul_h009 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:37 am

hello ,
i have applied for the citizenship in November 2018 using the new service and i filled the application online but i made the mistake that i didn't fulfill the good character being in UK and received the letter from home office asking me to provide the immigration history and i did send the proof and they have received the letter on 31 jan 2019 and after that no response so far , anyone can help me like how long will it take for them to send me the decision thanks . what is the processing time ..

User avatar
alterhase58
Respected Guru
Posts: 1975
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:02 pm
Location: UK Bucks
Mood:
Germany

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:17 am

abdul_h009 wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:37 am
hello ,
i have applied for the citizenship in November 2018 using the new service and i filled the application online but i made the mistake that i didn't fulfill the good character being in UK and received the letter from home office asking me to provide the immigration history and i did send the proof and they have received the letter on 31 jan 2019 and after that no response so far , anyone can help me like how long will it take for them to send me the decision thanks . what is the processing time ..
Home Office only ever quote six months, though processing times reported here are between one and three months. Clearly the mistake has delayed your application but no one here can tell you when then decision is due.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice - they will be ignored

smarioana91
Newly Registered
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:24 pm
Romania

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by smarioana91 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:50 pm

bookerw100 wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:21 pm
For those who may not have noticed, just saw a post in the January timeline of getting approval within 4 weeks of biometrics. here's hoping to see more of the same.
that would be phenomenal! Let's hope.

Daisy99
Newly Registered
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:54 pm

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by Daisy99 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:20 pm

Hi,
Thanks to all who help us here.I had my ILR-M visa a couple of weeks ago.I am going to apply for citizenship.Can you tell me which documents are now required for the spouse of a British citizen
,please? I don't work in the UK.I have been volunteering at Age UK for 2 years.Which documents must I use for proving I live here. Do I need my husband's documents again(his work contract,p60's etc)?

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 63173
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:29 pm

Daisy99 wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:20 pm
Hi,
Thanks to all who help us here.I had my ILR-M visa a couple of weeks ago.I am going to apply for citizenship.Can you tell me which documents are now required for the spouse of a British citizen
,please? I don't work in the UK.I have been volunteering at Age UK for 2 years.Which documents must I use for proving I live here. Do I need my husband's documents again(his work contract,p60's etc)?
You need your husband British passport.

Your passports are proof of residence.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Daisy99
Newly Registered
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:54 pm

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by Daisy99 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:34 pm

Thank you very much for your reply. I am not getting stamps on my passport at the airports9I have BPR card) when travelling. What other proofs might suffice?

bookerw100
Member
Posts: 143
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:40 pm

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by bookerw100 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:10 am

is it worth sending an email to the home office to get any kind of update if it has not been 6 months yet?

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 63173
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:12 am

bookerw100 wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:10 am
is it worth sending an email to the home office to get any kind of update if it has not been 6 months yet?
Not really no.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Mariefairie
Newly Registered
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:20 am
Mood:
Russia

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by Mariefairie » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:52 am

Can I take my 10 month old with me to the appointment? Also does my husband need to be with me ? If not he can take the baby for a walk.. I can be alone there but if husband needs to be there with me can 10 month old be allowed in? Thanks

Post Reply
cron