Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hb9
Newly Registered
Italy

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by hb9 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:36 pm

Hello,
I am uploading documents through the UKVCAS portal ahead of my appointment with a local service centre.
Can someone who has experience uploading documents in Sopra Steria/UKVCAS website help me with the following questions?
Under which document category I should upload:
- My passport (should this be under............... '??)
- Certificate proving you have a speaking and listening qualification in English at B1 CEFR or higher (should
this be under.............. '??)
- Life in the UK test pass notification (should this be under.............. '??)
- Proof of living in the UK (P60s for 3 years is that ok) and (should this be under..... '??)
- Marriage or civil partnership certificate (should this be under ............'??)
- Two referee declarations (should this be under ..............'??)
- Evidence of identity (should this be under.......................... '??)
- Proof of Nationality (should this be under.................... '??)
- Proof of British citizenship of my wife "such as a passport or UK citizenship certificate" (should this be under...... '??)

Thank you.

zeew
Newly Registered

Post by zeew » Fri May 10, 2019 11:45 am

CR001 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:24 am
Tribulations28 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:18 am
Good Morning dear members and moderators.
I have been searching for the February and March 2019 timelines everywhere on the forum and it seems as if it has disappeared into thin air. Could someone post the links for the February and March timelines for naturalisation using the new online process please?
Your help will be highly appreciated.
Thank you.
Really, 'everywhere'???

Literally a few topics below this one for Feb and page 2 of the sub forum for March!! :idea:

british-citizenship/february-2019-natur ... 77243.html

british-citizenship/march-2019-naturali ... 75921.html

hello everyone ,my first time here,i just submitted my application for naturalisation, i have an appointment next week, i have uploaded everything ,my only issue now is my hubby had to travel and his passport wouldn't be physically available ,but i have scanned already on the website,and i have a photocopy, just wondering from experience do they ask to see the spouse passport? am applying as a spouse to a british citizen.

feri_2017
Iran

Post by feri_2017 » Fri May 10, 2019 2:45 pm

Just submitted my application at Croydon centre.
I arrived 2 hours earlier. They didn't check the time I did my biometrics straight away and after 5 minutes an operator did check my documents and submitted them to UKVI. She didn't check my original documents at all she just reviewed the ones I uploaded and scanned one of my passports again.
The whole thing took less than 30min, in general everything was good. They seemed to know what they were doing.
also it was a free appointment so I didn't pay anything.

I recommend this centre if you live in London and other ones are fully booked. It took me 30min from Central London to get to the UKVCAS centre.

Nickt61
Newly Registered

Post by Nickt61 » Sun May 12, 2019 7:21 pm

Did they give the applicants passport back? Reason I’m asking is my partner has to apply for naturalisation in few weeks & I hope they don’t keep applicants passport until we get a decision.

feri_2017
Iran

Post by feri_2017 » Sun May 12, 2019 7:26 pm

They keep nothing, you will get all your documents back. You are also free to travel with your passport while waiting for the decision.

alisyed027
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by alisyed027 » Mon May 13, 2019 10:27 pm

Hi All,

I am in the final stages and Last Page of the Online Application Form for naturalization. I cannot see any option of Sopra Steria, I can only see the standard Option charging me £1349.20/- please can someone guide me how I can select Sopra Steria ?

Regards

hamalt66
Member of Standing

Post by hamalt66 » Tue May 14, 2019 6:35 am

alisyed027 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 10:27 pm
Hi All,

I am in the final stages and Last Page of the Online Application Form for naturalization. I cannot see any option of Sopra Steria, I can only see the standard Option charging me £1349.20/- please can someone guide me how I can select Sopra Steria ?

Regards
You will have to pay the fees first, then you'll be redirected to the Sopra Steria website to upload your documents and book an appointment for your biometrics. Good luck.

adl2
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by adl2 » Mon May 20, 2019 12:03 am

Hi guys,

I have my appointment at the UKVCAS croydon centre tomorrow tuesday. I am quite confused about the Biometrics, since I see quite often people is "submitting the biometrics" however, does this mean the biometrics must be processed at the post office prior the appointment or does UKVCAS Croydon process them during the appointment?, also, on the payment made for the application they mentioned this already includes the biometrics? - post office biometrics required before UKVCAS appointment or not? do I need to pay again?

This is bearing in mind i am applying as a EU member for British naturalisation

on top of that, the check list of documents I have been asked for are:

Passport issued by (my details) - DONE
(Myself) Life in UK test pass notification - DONE

Proof of living in the UK for (Myself) - What exactly do they need?, bills, council tax, tenancy agreements? or what does it mean?

Two referees declarations for (myself) - DONE

(Myself) evidence of identity - What does this mean if they asked above for my passport?

(Myself) proof of nationality - what does this mean if they asked above for my passport and that clearly states my nationality?

In terms of the documents UKVCAS to support my application, do I need to upload my scanned passport, residence card too?

Thank you so much for your time in advance!!!! it is really appreciated

waqarsadiqali
Newly Registered
India

Post by waqarsadiqali » Mon May 20, 2019 3:58 pm

Can I add my wife's citizenship application as an another applicant within my application? Or does it have to have an another login created for her?

AnnaMay
Newly Registered

Post by AnnaMay » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:20 pm

Hi everyone,

We have applied for British Passport in December so 6 month has passed and no answer so far. We have mates that applied after us and have received documents within one month afterwoods without paying any extras.
Does anyone knows what is going on there? What should we do as there is no-one to chase (

Thanks,
A.G

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:37 pm

AnnaMay wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:20 pm
Hi everyone,

We have applied for British Passport in December so 6 month has passed and no answer so far. We have mates that applied after us and have received documents within one month afterwoods without paying any extras.
Does anyone knows what is going on there? What should we do as there is no-one to chase (

Thanks,
A.G
Presumably you mean citizenship and not a British passport.

Have you contacted them again if 6 months has passed?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rajesh2013
Newly Registered

Post by rajesh2013 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:14 am

>>> Have you contacted them again if 6 months has passed?

I'm in a similar situation, it's been more than 7 months now since the MN1 application is made, fee paid, etc.

Been contacting Home office but without any useful information from them.

It is always the same response, "your application is in progress, I can't tell you when a decision will be made".

Today the person on the phone even claimed 6 months is not a maximum, it is just a standard which they are more than free to exceed it seems.

I get different email IDs and different phone numbers each time saying, you can complain or you can write to, an address, but googling them just comes out with, this is just an email ID to complain, this won't make your application any faster or slower, then why do I have to do it.

Does anyone know how to get a reasonable response from them?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:17 am

rajesh2013 wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:14 am
>>> Have you contacted them again if 6 months has passed?

I'm in a similar situation, it's been more than 7 months now since the MN1 application is made, fee paid, etc.

Been contacting Home office but without any useful information from them.

It is always the same response, "your application is in progress, I can't tell you when a decision will be made".

Today the person on the phone even claimed 6 months is not a maximum, it is just a standard which they are more than free to exceed it seems.

I get different email IDs and different phone numbers each time saying, you can complain or you can write to, an address, but googling them just comes out with, this is just an email ID to complain, this won't make your application any faster or slower, then why do I have to do it.

Does anyone know how to get a reasonable response from them?
UK born child or child born abroad??

What is the UK immigration status of BOTH parents?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rajesh2013
Newly Registered

Post by rajesh2013 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:07 pm

UK born child.

Both parents have ILR.

Applied Citizenship directly while she is on visa (not visa -> ILR -> Citizenship).

fzp83

Post by fzp83 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:22 pm

waqarsadiqali wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 3:58 pm
Can I add my wife's citizenship application as an another applicant within my application? Or does it have to have an another login created for her?
Anyone please help with this question?
Many thanks

jideare
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by jideare » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:06 pm

Hi All,

Panicking a little bit. I applied online and have made a UKVCAS appointment for the 2nd August to hand in the documentation in the checklist and Biometrics.

Work just dropped a file on my desk requiring me to travel on the 6th August,How soon after you hand your passport over do they send it back?

Thanks in Advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:12 pm

jideare wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:06 pm
Hi All,

Panicking a little bit. I applied online and have made a UKVCAS appointment for the 2nd August to hand in the documentation in the checklist and Biometrics.

Work just dropped a file on my desk requiring me to travel on the 6th August,How soon after you hand your passport over do they send it back?

Thanks in Advance
They don't keep your originals, as has been posted 100s of times on the forum and in this topic!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Avi785
Newly Registered

Post by Avi785 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:47 pm

Hi guys.Is there anyone to help me.
I have been to croydon Center today.i uploded every thing except refree forms.they didnot upload aswell.
What should i do? Thanks in advance

Zak12345
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by Zak12345 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:13 pm

Hello there
Did they return the original supporting document and your passport at the end of the appointment? Or they keep the passport ?
Please comment
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:19 pm

Zak12345 wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:13 pm
Hello there
Did they return the original supporting document and your passport at the end of the appointment? Or they keep the passport ?
Please comment
Thanks
The whole point of ukcvas sopra steria is that you keep ALL your originals, as has been posted by 100s if members in the forum.
Char (CR001 not Casa)