ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

angel valdes
Newly Registered
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:33 pm

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by angel valdes » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:23 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:14 pm
angel valdes wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:11 pm
hi new here I will be applying soon for the citizenship using the online method,didnt know you had to go through the appointment.anyways I already have a biometric card with me,I got it done when I made an application of travel document.will I need to do it again on the appointment.
You have to enrol biometrics again, ie fingerprints and photo.


thank you

shz101
Newly Registered
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:32 am
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by shz101 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:39 am

Hi Guys,

Hope you all are well.

I have recently submitted Naturalisation application at Croydon UKVCAS office after completing the form online. I wanted to check what you guys see after attending the appointment on UKVCAS website if you login to your account?

The reason for my question is that on the day of my appointment the staff had issues submitting my application on their system and they said they will have to manually push it (dont know what it means). I was told that there was a problem in checking me in at the security and thats why they are unable to submit my application, I spoke to the team leader he said don't worry I will push your application and I do not need to do anything further.

Thanks

DocKnow
Junior Member
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:38 pm
Sri Lanka

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by DocKnow » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:51 am

shz101 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:39 am
Hi Guys,

Hope you all are well.

I have recently submitted Naturalisation application at Croydon UKVCAS office after completing the form online. I wanted to check what you guys see after attending the appointment on UKVCAS website if you login to your account?

The reason for my question is that on the day of my appointment the staff had issues submitting my application on their system and they said they will have to manually push it (dont know what it means). I was told that there was a problem in checking me in at the security and thats why they are unable to submit my application, I spoke to the team leader he said don't worry I will push your application and I do not need to do anything further.

Thanks

I just see the list of documents that I previously self-uploaded and some additional files that were uploaded by sopra staff at the appointment. I can only see the names of files, not the content of the files. I am guessing that they contain my passport scans as they were scanned during my appointment.

Apart from this, there is no status field to confirm that the documents or biometrics have been submitted.

skyscraper101
Newbie
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:53 pm

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by skyscraper101 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:16 pm

shz101 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:39 am
I just see the list of documents that I previously self-uploaded and some additional files that were uploaded by sopra staff at the appointment. I can only see the names of files, not the content of the files. I am guessing that they contain my passport scans as they were scanned during my appointment.

Apart from this, there is no status field to confirm that the documents or biometrics have been submitted.
This is our experience too. A few scans which we did in advance, and some additional files which they did there. You can't view any of them. And no confirmation that biometrics have been registered.

Ader
Newly Registered
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:57 am
Nigeria

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by Ader » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:44 pm

Hi Everyone,

I applied for Naturalisation on 20 Dec 18 and I attended UKVCAS appointment on the same day. I did not get email confirmation or acknowledgement from Home Office and they haven't sent the Case Number either. Should I be worried that my application hasn't gone through correctly? Everyone seems to get confirmation email from Home Office.

matei72
Newly Registered
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:49 pm
Ireland

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by matei72 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:53 pm

I was also concerned about the lack of communication once one's documents are uploaded/verified at the UKVCAS appointment.

Someone here stated that you don't get any confirmation, which is true. I was so paranoid that I called them on the number in my appointment (not that absurdly priced-per-minute number on the website) and they were able to confirm that everything had been submitted to the Home Office.

I have noticed however that I saw in other people's timelines, people that used the "old" system, that they had already received confirmation of citizenship and ceremony dates in the time I've been waiting. Not getting a warm feeling about this UKVCAS system.

Dave12560
BANNED
Posts: 87
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:18 pm
Hong Kong

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by Dave12560 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:06 pm

matei72 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:53 pm
I was also concerned about the lack of communication once one's documents are uploaded/verified at the UKVCAS appointment.

Someone here stated that you don't get any confirmation, which is true. I was so paranoid that I called them on the number in my appointment (not that absurdly priced-per-minute number on the website) and they were able to confirm that everything had been submitted to the Home Office.

I have noticed however that I saw in other people's timelines, people that used the "old" system, that they had already received confirmation of citizenship and ceremony dates in the time I've been waiting. Not getting a warm feeling about this UKVCAS system.
look its fully confirm that new ukvcas syestem wil use full 6 months then ppl wil get reply

Ader
Newly Registered
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:57 am
Nigeria

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by Ader » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:57 pm

Dave12560 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:06 pm
matei72 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:53 pm
I was also concerned about the lack of communication once one's documents are uploaded/verified at the UKVCAS appointment.

Someone here stated that you don't get any confirmation, which is true. I was so paranoid that I called them on the number in my appointment (not that absurdly priced-per-minute number on the website) and they were able to confirm that everything had been submitted to the Home Office.

I have noticed however that I saw in other people's timelines, people that used the "old" system, that they had already received confirmation of citizenship and ceremony dates in the time I've been waiting. Not getting a warm feeling about this UKVCAS system.
look its fully confirm that new ukvcas syestem wil use full 6 months then ppl wil get reply
Hi Dave12560,
Where is it confirmed that new ukvcas system will use full 6 months before they get a reply?

Windsurfcraig
Newly Registered
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:51 pm
New Zealand

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by Windsurfcraig » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:03 pm

Can you or anyone say how you confirm if your documents are uploaded? I have been uploading my documents and when I log out and log in to check them there are no documents within the system for me. I am at a loss to know if my documents have been uploaded or not? Any advice.

Dave12560
BANNED
Posts: 87
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:18 pm
Hong Kong

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by Dave12560 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:09 pm

Ader wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:57 pm
Dave12560 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:06 pm
matei72 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:53 pm
I was also concerned about the lack of communication once one's documents are uploaded/verified at the UKVCAS appointment.

Someone here stated that you don't get any confirmation, which is true. I was so paranoid that I called them on the number in my appointment (not that absurdly priced-per-minute number on the website) and they were able to confirm that everything had been submitted to the Home Office.

I have noticed however that I saw in other people's timelines, people that used the "old" system, that they had already received confirmation of citizenship and ceremony dates in the time I've been waiting. Not getting a warm feeling about this UKVCAS system.
look its fully confirm that new ukvcas syestem wil use full 6 months then ppl wil get reply
Hi Dave12560,
Where is it confirmed that new ukvcas system will use full 6 months before they get a reply?
its conformed by one of inside my friend

DocKnow
Junior Member
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:38 pm
Sri Lanka

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by DocKnow » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:16 pm

Dave12560 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:09 pm
Ader wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:57 pm
Dave12560 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:06 pm
matei72 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:53 pm
I was also concerned about the lack of communication once one's documents are uploaded/verified at the UKVCAS appointment.

Someone here stated that you don't get any confirmation, which is true. I was so paranoid that I called them on the number in my appointment (not that absurdly priced-per-minute number on the website) and they were able to confirm that everything had been submitted to the Home Office.

I have noticed however that I saw in other people's timelines, people that used the "old" system, that they had already received confirmation of citizenship and ceremony dates in the time I've been waiting. Not getting a warm feeling about this UKVCAS system.
look its fully confirm that new ukvcas syestem wil use full 6 months then ppl wil get reply
Hi Dave12560,
Where is it confirmed that new ukvcas system will use full 6 months before they get a reply?
its conformed by one of inside my friend
so Dave, am I right in assuming that you will not be visiting these boards for the next 6 months then? I mean what's the point - if you're not getting your decision for 6 months, maybe stay off the boards? :-)

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 78714
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:27 pm

DocKnow wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:16 pm
Dave12560 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:09 pm
Ader wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:57 pm
Dave12560 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:06 pm


look its fully confirm that new ukvcas syestem wil use full 6 months then ppl wil get reply
Hi Dave12560,
Where is it confirmed that new ukvcas system will use full 6 months before they get a reply?
its conformed by one of inside my friend
so Dave, am I right in assuming that you will not be visiting these boards for the next 6 months then? I mean what's the point - if you're not getting your decision for 6 months, maybe stay off the boards? :-)
100% agree as the user is simply posting nonsense.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Dave12560
BANNED
Posts: 87
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:18 pm
Hong Kong

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by Dave12560 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:36 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:27 pm
DocKnow wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:16 pm
Dave12560 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:09 pm
Ader wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:57 pm


Hi Dave12560,
Where is it confirmed that new ukvcas system will use full 6 months before they get a reply?
its conformed by one of inside my friend
so Dave, am I right in assuming that you will not be visiting these boards for the next 6 months then? I mean what's the point - if you're not getting your decision for 6 months, maybe stay off the boards? :-)
100% agree as the user is simply posting nonsense.
CROO1 U NOT SEEN SPORA steria not even submit anyone doucment to ho yet even if u fone them thay wil say its submited but it il only b submited wen ur acount wont log in to steria site ask any one fro ilr visa who used spora

johnhkg
Member
Posts: 182
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:40 am
Hong Kong

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by johnhkg » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:54 am

I have just seen the first reported case of a UKVCAS citizenship application being approved. See November timelines thread. Case was approved 32 days after the applicant attended UKVCAS appointment.

Maryam63
Newly Registered
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:25 pm
Iran

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by Maryam63 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:29 pm

matei72 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:53 pm
I was also concerned about the lack of communication once one's documents are uploaded/verified at the UKVCAS appointment.

Someone here stated that you don't get any confirmation, which is true. I was so paranoid that I called them on the number in my appointment (not that absurdly priced-per-minute number on the website) and they were able to confirm that everything had been submitted to the Home Office.

I have noticed however that I saw in other people's timelines, people that used the "old" system, that they had already received confirmation of citizenship and ceremony dates in the time I've been waiting. Not getting a warm feeling about this UKVCAS system.
Could you please let me know which number you used to get the information about the submission of your documents?

shi12345678
Newly Registered
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:21 am
India

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications: ONE QUESTION ABOUT UPLOADING DOCUMENTS

Post by shi12345678 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:15 pm

johnhkg wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:04 pm
shi12345678 wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:53 pm
Dear All

I have not reached the stage of uploading documents yet.
But want to know , so that I can Prepare . does the document have to be JPEG oR PDF ?
Does the passport pages have to be in single joined pdf or each single page ? is there any options for employment letters or p60 ?
Best regards
shiva
JPEG or PDF, but each scanned document must be under 6MB. Try to combine pages of the same document, like your passport. Use scanner utility to reduce scan quality a little. I got my 32 page passport down to 2.2MB. Always check your document scans to see if they can be viewed clearly. It's good that you are getting things ready in advance. You have time to get things right.
Thanks for the info. it is very usefull for me.

bookerw100
Member
Posts: 152
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:40 pm

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by bookerw100 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:28 pm

Hi for non eu nationals, where do you upload the passport stamps? There seems to be two options:

"Residence in the UK" and "Proof of identity/travel history"

Ader
Newly Registered
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:57 am
Nigeria

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by Ader » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:59 pm

Dave12560 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:36 pm
CR001 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:27 pm
DocKnow wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:16 pm
Dave12560 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:09 pm

its conformed by one of inside my friend
so Dave, am I right in assuming that you will not be visiting these boards for the next 6 months then? I mean what's the point - if you're not getting your decision for 6 months, maybe stay off the boards? :-)
100% agree as the user is simply posting nonsense.
CROO1 U NOT SEEN SPORA steria not even submit anyone doucment to ho yet even if u fone them thay wil say its submited but it il only b submited wen ur acount wont log in to steria site ask any one fro ilr visa who used spora
This is incorrect. I applied for my ILR through Sopra Steria, I have received biometric for my ILR and i can still see my ILR documents on Sopra Steria website.

johnhkg
Member
Posts: 182
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:40 am
Hong Kong

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by johnhkg » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:57 pm

bookerw100 wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:28 pm
Hi for non eu nationals, where do you upload the passport stamps? There seems to be two options:

"Residence in the UK" and "Proof of identity/travel history"
The scan of your passport (including all stamps, and preferably all pages even if blank) goes under "proof of application" where it is a mandatory upload.

No need to upload it again for proof of residence or proof of identity/travel history.

bookerw100
Member
Posts: 152
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:40 pm

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by bookerw100 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:11 pm

johnhkg wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:57 pm
bookerw100 wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:28 pm
Hi for non eu nationals, where do you upload the passport stamps? There seems to be two options:

"Residence in the UK" and "Proof of identity/travel history"
The scan of your passport (including all stamps, and preferably all pages even if blank) goes under "proof of application" where it is a mandatory upload.

No need to upload it again for proof of residence or proof of identity/travel history.
thanks, how about the BRP for ILR, presumably that goes under "Residence in the UK"?

User avatar
SidiBou
Newbie
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:20 am
Mood:
Tunisia

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by SidiBou » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:50 pm

Hello-

I just received my ILR and would like to to register both of my children (3 and 4) as British citizen using the new online service (form MN1). My questions is related to the referee piece:

I was able to download and print out the referee declaration forms. The forms need to have referee full name, be dated, and signed.

What I’m not clear on is how to capture the referee details: DOB, Relationship, address, passport, citizenship, etc. I know it is part of the online application, but, is there a separate form I can hand to the referee to fill out so I can enter it electronically or am I supposed to create my own template and say’ Please fill this out for me’ in addition to signing the declaration forms.

Thanks!

codem2013
Newbie
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:05 am
Spain

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by codem2013 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:43 pm

SidiBou wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:50 pm
Hello-

I just received my ILR and would like to to register both of my children (3 and 4) as British citizen using the new online service (form MN1). My questions is related to the referee piece:

I was able to download and print out the referee declaration forms. The forms need to have referee full name, be dated, and signed.

What I’m not clear on is how to capture the referee details: DOB, Relationship, address, passport, citizenship, etc. I know it is part of the online application, but, is there a separate form I can hand to the referee to fill out so I can enter it electronically or am I supposed to create my own template and say’ Please fill this out for me’ in addition to signing the declaration forms.

Thanks!
Check out p20 of mn1 paper for
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -07-18.pdf

anujkundarap
Newly Registered
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat May 26, 2018 4:21 pm
India

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by anujkundarap » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:47 pm

Does it matter which section we upload our documents (except Passport in Mandatory section)?

allyf
Member
Posts: 238
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:40 am
Canada

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by allyf » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:20 pm

codem2013 wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:43 pm
SidiBou wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:50 pm
Hello-

I just received my ILR and would like to to register both of my children (3 and 4) as British citizen using the new online service (form MN1). My questions is related to the referee piece:

I was able to download and print out the referee declaration forms. The forms need to have referee full name, be dated, and signed.

What I’m not clear on is how to capture the referee details: DOB, Relationship, address, passport, citizenship, etc. I know it is part of the online application, but, is there a separate form I can hand to the referee to fill out so I can enter it electronically or am I supposed to create my own template and say’ Please fill this out for me’ in addition to signing the declaration forms.

Thanks!
Check out p20 of mn1 paper for
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -07-18.pdf
This is a question I was pondering over as well...
To provide the information on our referees (ie profession,Passport details etc), do we use the paper form referee section? It shows as pages 19-21 for the paper AN form....

User avatar
SidiBou
Newbie
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:20 am
Mood:
Tunisia

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by SidiBou » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:43 pm

allyf wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:20 pm
codem2013 wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:43 pm
SidiBou wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:50 pm
Hello-

I just received my ILR and would like to to register both of my children (3 and 4) as British citizen using the new online service (form MN1). My questions is related to the referee piece:

I was able to download and print out the referee declaration forms. The forms need to have referee full name, be dated, and signed.

What I’m not clear on is how to capture the referee details: DOB, Relationship, address, passport, citizenship, etc. I know it is part of the online application, but, is there a separate form I can hand to the referee to fill out so I can enter it electronically or am I supposed to create my own template and say’ Please fill this out for me’ in addition to signing the declaration forms.

Thanks!
Check out p20 of mn1 paper for
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -07-18.pdf
This is a question I was pondering over as well...
To provide the information on our referees (ie profession,Passport details etc), do we use the paper form referee section? It shows as pages 19-21 for the paper AN form....
Hi Codem2013,
I appreciate your reply and support. I already printed that out but I believe it is a bit suspicious for most of us to go to a daycare manager or a GP or someone ‘strange’ and provide 2 separate documents requiring 2 signatures, etc.

In my opinion, very clumsy and may discourage the referee from helping (not that it is always easy to find one for a 3 year old).
I believe that is a miss from the HO and hopefully they can improve it in the future. I will try to explain to potential referee that only one signature is needed and that page 19/20 needs to be filled out to capture details so I can add to online application. I will give it a try and hope for the best.
Thanks!
@ Allyf, unless someone can provide us with a better option we have no choice but use the p19/20 out if the paper form.

Locked
cron