Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

DocKnow
Junior Member
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:38 pm
Sri Lanka

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by DocKnow » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:16 pm

Dave12560 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:09 pm
Ader wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:57 pm
Dave12560 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:06 pm
matei72 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:53 pm
I was also concerned about the lack of communication once one's documents are uploaded/verified at the UKVCAS appointment.

Someone here stated that you don't get any confirmation, which is true. I was so paranoid that I called them on the number in my appointment (not that absurdly priced-per-minute number on the website) and they were able to confirm that everything had been submitted to the Home Office.

I have noticed however that I saw in other people's timelines, people that used the "old" system, that they had already received confirmation of citizenship and ceremony dates in the time I've been waiting. Not getting a warm feeling about this UKVCAS system.
look its fully confirm that new ukvcas syestem wil use full 6 months then ppl wil get reply
Hi Dave12560,
Where is it confirmed that new ukvcas system will use full 6 months before they get a reply?
its conformed by one of inside my friend
so Dave, am I right in assuming that you will not be visiting these boards for the next 6 months then? I mean what's the point - if you're not getting your decision for 6 months, maybe stay off the boards? :-)

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 55141
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:27 pm

DocKnow wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:16 pm
Dave12560 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:09 pm
Ader wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:57 pm
Dave12560 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:06 pm


look its fully confirm that new ukvcas syestem wil use full 6 months then ppl wil get reply
Hi Dave12560,
Where is it confirmed that new ukvcas system will use full 6 months before they get a reply?
its conformed by one of inside my friend
so Dave, am I right in assuming that you will not be visiting these boards for the next 6 months then? I mean what's the point - if you're not getting your decision for 6 months, maybe stay off the boards? :-)
100% agree as the user is simply posting nonsense.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Dave12560
BANNED
Posts: 87
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:18 pm
Hong Kong

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by Dave12560 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:36 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:27 pm
DocKnow wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:16 pm
Dave12560 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:09 pm
Ader wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:57 pm


Hi Dave12560,
Where is it confirmed that new ukvcas system will use full 6 months before they get a reply?
its conformed by one of inside my friend
so Dave, am I right in assuming that you will not be visiting these boards for the next 6 months then? I mean what's the point - if you're not getting your decision for 6 months, maybe stay off the boards? :-)
100% agree as the user is simply posting nonsense.
CROO1 U NOT SEEN SPORA steria not even submit anyone doucment to ho yet even if u fone them thay wil say its submited but it il only b submited wen ur acount wont log in to steria site ask any one fro ilr visa who used spora

johnhkg
Member
Posts: 180
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:40 am
Hong Kong

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by johnhkg » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:54 am

I have just seen the first reported case of a UKVCAS citizenship application being approved. See November timelines thread. Case was approved 32 days after the applicant attended UKVCAS appointment.

Maryam63
Newly Registered
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:25 pm
Iran

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by Maryam63 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:29 pm

matei72 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:53 pm
I was also concerned about the lack of communication once one's documents are uploaded/verified at the UKVCAS appointment.

Someone here stated that you don't get any confirmation, which is true. I was so paranoid that I called them on the number in my appointment (not that absurdly priced-per-minute number on the website) and they were able to confirm that everything had been submitted to the Home Office.

I have noticed however that I saw in other people's timelines, people that used the "old" system, that they had already received confirmation of citizenship and ceremony dates in the time I've been waiting. Not getting a warm feeling about this UKVCAS system.
Could you please let me know which number you used to get the information about the submission of your documents?

shi12345678
Newly Registered
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:21 am
India

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications: ONE QUESTION ABOUT UPLOADING DOCUMENTS

Post by shi12345678 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:15 pm

johnhkg wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:04 pm
shi12345678 wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:53 pm
Dear All

I have not reached the stage of uploading documents yet.
But want to know , so that I can Prepare . does the document have to be JPEG oR PDF ?
Does the passport pages have to be in single joined pdf or each single page ? is there any options for employment letters or p60 ?
Best regards
shiva
JPEG or PDF, but each scanned document must be under 6MB. Try to combine pages of the same document, like your passport. Use scanner utility to reduce scan quality a little. I got my 32 page passport down to 2.2MB. Always check your document scans to see if they can be viewed clearly. It's good that you are getting things ready in advance. You have time to get things right.
Thanks for the info. it is very usefull for me.

bookerw100
Member
Posts: 110
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:40 pm

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by bookerw100 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:28 pm

Hi for non eu nationals, where do you upload the passport stamps? There seems to be two options:

"Residence in the UK" and "Proof of identity/travel history"

Ader
Newly Registered
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:57 am
Nigeria

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by Ader » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:59 pm

Dave12560 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:36 pm
CR001 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:27 pm
DocKnow wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:16 pm
Dave12560 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:09 pm

its conformed by one of inside my friend
so Dave, am I right in assuming that you will not be visiting these boards for the next 6 months then? I mean what's the point - if you're not getting your decision for 6 months, maybe stay off the boards? :-)
100% agree as the user is simply posting nonsense.
CROO1 U NOT SEEN SPORA steria not even submit anyone doucment to ho yet even if u fone them thay wil say its submited but it il only b submited wen ur acount wont log in to steria site ask any one fro ilr visa who used spora
This is incorrect. I applied for my ILR through Sopra Steria, I have received biometric for my ILR and i can still see my ILR documents on Sopra Steria website.

johnhkg
Member
Posts: 180
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:40 am
Hong Kong

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by johnhkg » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:57 pm

bookerw100 wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:28 pm
Hi for non eu nationals, where do you upload the passport stamps? There seems to be two options:

"Residence in the UK" and "Proof of identity/travel history"
The scan of your passport (including all stamps, and preferably all pages even if blank) goes under "proof of application" where it is a mandatory upload.

No need to upload it again for proof of residence or proof of identity/travel history.

bookerw100
Member
Posts: 110
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:40 pm

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by bookerw100 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:11 pm

johnhkg wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:57 pm
bookerw100 wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:28 pm
Hi for non eu nationals, where do you upload the passport stamps? There seems to be two options:

"Residence in the UK" and "Proof of identity/travel history"
The scan of your passport (including all stamps, and preferably all pages even if blank) goes under "proof of application" where it is a mandatory upload.

No need to upload it again for proof of residence or proof of identity/travel history.
thanks, how about the BRP for ILR, presumably that goes under "Residence in the UK"?

User avatar
SidiBou
Newbie
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:20 am
Mood:
Tunisia

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by SidiBou » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:50 pm

Hello-

I just received my ILR and would like to to register both of my children (3 and 4) as British citizen using the new online service (form MN1). My questions is related to the referee piece:

I was able to download and print out the referee declaration forms. The forms need to have referee full name, be dated, and signed.

What I’m not clear on is how to capture the referee details: DOB, Relationship, address, passport, citizenship, etc. I know it is part of the online application, but, is there a separate form I can hand to the referee to fill out so I can enter it electronically or am I supposed to create my own template and say’ Please fill this out for me’ in addition to signing the declaration forms.

Thanks!

codem2013
Newbie
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:05 am
Spain

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by codem2013 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:43 pm

SidiBou wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:50 pm
Hello-

I just received my ILR and would like to to register both of my children (3 and 4) as British citizen using the new online service (form MN1). My questions is related to the referee piece:

I was able to download and print out the referee declaration forms. The forms need to have referee full name, be dated, and signed.

What I’m not clear on is how to capture the referee details: DOB, Relationship, address, passport, citizenship, etc. I know it is part of the online application, but, is there a separate form I can hand to the referee to fill out so I can enter it electronically or am I supposed to create my own template and say’ Please fill this out for me’ in addition to signing the declaration forms.

Thanks!
Check out p20 of mn1 paper for
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -07-18.pdf

anujkundarap
Newly Registered
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat May 26, 2018 4:21 pm
India

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by anujkundarap » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:47 pm

Does it matter which section we upload our documents (except Passport in Mandatory section)?

allyf
Member
Posts: 237
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:40 am
Canada

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by allyf » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:20 pm

codem2013 wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:43 pm
SidiBou wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:50 pm
Hello-

I just received my ILR and would like to to register both of my children (3 and 4) as British citizen using the new online service (form MN1). My questions is related to the referee piece:

I was able to download and print out the referee declaration forms. The forms need to have referee full name, be dated, and signed.

What I’m not clear on is how to capture the referee details: DOB, Relationship, address, passport, citizenship, etc. I know it is part of the online application, but, is there a separate form I can hand to the referee to fill out so I can enter it electronically or am I supposed to create my own template and say’ Please fill this out for me’ in addition to signing the declaration forms.

Thanks!
Check out p20 of mn1 paper for
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -07-18.pdf
This is a question I was pondering over as well...
To provide the information on our referees (ie profession,Passport details etc), do we use the paper form referee section? It shows as pages 19-21 for the paper AN form....

User avatar
SidiBou
Newbie
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:20 am
Mood:
Tunisia

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by SidiBou » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:43 pm

allyf wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:20 pm
codem2013 wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:43 pm
SidiBou wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:50 pm
Hello-

I just received my ILR and would like to to register both of my children (3 and 4) as British citizen using the new online service (form MN1). My questions is related to the referee piece:

I was able to download and print out the referee declaration forms. The forms need to have referee full name, be dated, and signed.

What I’m not clear on is how to capture the referee details: DOB, Relationship, address, passport, citizenship, etc. I know it is part of the online application, but, is there a separate form I can hand to the referee to fill out so I can enter it electronically or am I supposed to create my own template and say’ Please fill this out for me’ in addition to signing the declaration forms.

Thanks!
Check out p20 of mn1 paper for
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -07-18.pdf
This is a question I was pondering over as well...
To provide the information on our referees (ie profession,Passport details etc), do we use the paper form referee section? It shows as pages 19-21 for the paper AN form....
Hi Codem2013,
I appreciate your reply and support. I already printed that out but I believe it is a bit suspicious for most of us to go to a daycare manager or a GP or someone ‘strange’ and provide 2 separate documents requiring 2 signatures, etc.

In my opinion, very clumsy and may discourage the referee from helping (not that it is always easy to find one for a 3 year old).
I believe that is a miss from the HO and hopefully they can improve it in the future. I will try to explain to potential referee that only one signature is needed and that page 19/20 needs to be filled out to capture details so I can add to online application. I will give it a try and hope for the best.
Thanks!
@ Allyf, unless someone can provide us with a better option we have no choice but use the p19/20 out if the paper form.

codem2013
Newbie
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:05 am
Spain

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by codem2013 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:22 pm

SidiBou wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:43 pm
allyf wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:20 pm
codem2013 wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:43 pm
SidiBou wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:50 pm
Hello-

I just received my ILR and would like to to register both of my children (3 and 4) as British citizen using the new online service (form MN1). My questions is related to the referee piece:

I was able to download and print out the referee declaration forms. The forms need to have referee full name, be dated, and signed.

What I’m not clear on is how to capture the referee details: DOB, Relationship, address, passport, citizenship, etc. I know it is part of the online application, but, is there a separate form I can hand to the referee to fill out so I can enter it electronically or am I supposed to create my own template and say’ Please fill this out for me’ in addition to signing the declaration forms.

Thanks!
Check out p20 of mn1 paper for
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -07-18.pdf
This is a question I was pondering over as well...
To provide the information on our referees (ie profession,Passport details etc), do we use the paper form referee section? It shows as pages 19-21 for the paper AN form....
Hi Codem2013,
I appreciate your reply and support. I already printed that out but I believe it is a bit suspicious for most of us to go to a daycare manager or a GP or someone ‘strange’ and provide 2 separate documents requiring 2 signatures, etc.

In my opinion, very clumsy and may discourage the referee from helping (not that it is always easy to find one for a 3 year old).
I believe that is a miss from the HO and hopefully they can improve it in the future. I will try to explain to potential referee that only one signature is needed and that page 19/20 needs to be filled out to capture details so I can add to online application. I will give it a try and hope for the best.
Thanks!
@ Allyf, unless someone can provide us with a better option we have no choice but use the p19/20 out if the paper form.
Yes I agree with you, it is not very convenient..hopefully they will improve this or set up something similar to passport online application where you only provide the referee email, so he can receive all instruction and fill in everything online..
For referees, try ask your health visitor..

User avatar
SidiBou
Newbie
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:20 am
Mood:
Tunisia

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by SidiBou » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:10 pm

[/quote]

Yes I agree with you, it is not very convenient..hopefully they will improve this or set up something similar to passport online application where you only provide the referee email, so he can receive all instruction and fill in everything online..
For referees, try ask your health visitor..
[/quote]

Thanks for the advice. But we don’t have a health vision or since kids were babies.
Agreed with your statement as it maybe awkward for people to share personal details like passport number. Having the referee submit the details is more efficient.

Regarding the form, I just thought of something which may work best. ie, print out the full online application and share pages 5/6 with referee to fill out. That is, partially fill out known details like name, phone #, etc. and put either a dot for the address or dummy digits for the passport number and have referee write down their details. It’ll look like fill in the blank.

Also, I just noticed as part of referee declaration is ‘That to the best of my knowledge, the details of the applicant given in this application are correct.’ How can they agree to that without at least having a hard copy in hand?! Hence, using my above method may be a decent idea.
I am open for suggestions though.
SidiBou

fjv90
Newly Registered
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:28 pm

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by fjv90 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:11 pm

So my experience today at UKVCAS.

I had the appointment today croydon UKVCAS , reached there half hour ago, it was a long queue but process was quicker , as soon you enter they will ask to you to provide passport and confirmation letter the one with big barcode (make sure everybody takes the print out of it as it is required in further stages of processing), after security checks you enter in to a room, you will be given a ticket number and will be asked to have a seat, after that you will be called to give your biometric in self service biometric machince once this completed you will be called again where the UKVCAS staff will ask your mandatory documents and check submit application to UKVI.

DOCUMENTS I SUBMITTED
the mandatory document in my case was only passport however i have submitted scan copy of
PASSPORT AND BIOMETRIC
LIFE IN THE UK,
ALL PASSPORT PAGES WITH ENTRY EXIT STAMPS
DEGREE
REFEREE FORMS
DRIVING LICENCE ( Because the ID shown when i gave life in the UK was my driving licence therefore i scanned that aswell as it states while filling the application to submit the proof of ID which you showed in your life in the UK test)

Overall experience at UKVCAS was not bad, whole process took around 20-25 mins.

I will keep you posted about the outcome of application once i get any reply from UKVI.

matei72
Newly Registered
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:49 pm
Ireland

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by matei72 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:13 am

Maryam63 wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:29 pm
matei72 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:53 pm
I was also concerned about the lack of communication once one's documents are uploaded/verified at the UKVCAS appointment. ...
Could you please let me know which number you used to get the information about the submission of your documents?
0330-123-1199

arovbukay
Newly Registered
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:00 am

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by arovbukay » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:23 pm

So I attended my sopra appointment on 1st Dec for British Citizenship, submitted biometrics and referee docs, still not heard anything.

Saw a comment in this thread that someone heard back 32 days after their biometric appointment. I guess bank holidays haven’t helped, but getting a little anxious not having any confirmation at all.

Post Reply
cron