ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Expired English Language Test

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

kmlenna
Newly Registered
Philippines

Expired English Language Test

Post by kmlenna » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:12 am

Good day everyone! Anyone here applied for naturalisation using expired english language test which is still in HO approved lists and was accepted? Thank you :D

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Expired English Language Test

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:47 am

Personally I wouldn't risk it - valid test certificate is the requirement.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:43 am

kmlenna wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:12 am
Good day everyone! Anyone here applied for naturalisation using expired english language test which is still in HO approved lists and was accepted? Thank you :D
An expired test can only be used IF it is still on the HO approved list and required level AND it was used for a previous immigration application. Your timeline posts suggest you got PR via the EEA/EU route, so you would NOT have needed to meet the English requirement for that application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kmlenna
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by kmlenna » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:22 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:43 am
kmlenna wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:12 am
An expired test can only be used IF it is still on the HO approved list and required level AND it was used for a previous immigration application. Your timeline posts suggest you got PR via the EEA/EU route, so you would NOT have needed to meet the English requirement for that application.
In my first entry in the UK, I was required to take the English language test which is one of the requirement for my settlement/marriage visa. I took IELTS (C1 level) which is valid for 2 years only and it is now expired. When I look at the HO approved lists the test center and provider of my test is still in their approved lists.

I’d already applied and submitted my application online but now it makes me confused a little bit, I read some case here that HO are asking for a required English language test eventhough they’ve used their expired test certificate that had been accepted from previous immigration application.

kmlenna
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by kmlenna » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:31 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:47 am
Personally I wouldn't risk it - valid test certificate is the requirement.
I think your right alterhase58, but it’s too late for me now I’d already submitted my application.One of my friend applied last November 2017 for naturalisation and she used her expired IELTS certificate and here application was approved. I think I’ll just keep my fingers cross and be positive for the outcome. Thank you!