ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

family got the application successful except me

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

haleema72
Newly Registered
Pakistan

family got the application successful except me

Post by haleema72 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:48 pm

Dear All
Thank you
My entire family had successful applications except me due to the caution on my records.
I wanted to ask you after attending the ceremony
What is the fees for British passport and
what is the waiting time to get the Passport?for my family

I would be grateful for your reply.

Thank you
Haleema

alterhase58
Germany

Re: family got the application successful except me

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:38 pm

See below for the passport fees - waiting time could be anywhere from 2 to 10 weeks - check https://www.gov.uk/apply-renew-passport
If you need to discuss the refusal of your application it's best you post the full text of the refusal for members to be able to comment.

Passport fees
Apply online pply by paper form
Adult (16 and over) standard 34-page passport £75.50 £85
Adult (16 and over) 50-page frequent traveller passport £85.50 £95
Child (under 16) standard 34-page passport £49 £58.50
Child (under 16) 50-page frequent traveller passport £59 £68.50
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

haleema72
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by haleema72 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:01 pm

Dear All
Please see the application
This is the reply from the Home office .
As you all said to wait for 3 years from the date of caution ,Which I understand but what else can I do
How to support my application ? My children and husband will be getting their passports sooner .
What evidence carries weight to support my character besides the 3 year weight from the date of caution?
Thank you

Your application for British citizenship was received on 27th February 2021. Your application has been considered under section 6(1) of the British Nationality Act 1981.

You have not demonstrated that you meet the requirements for British citizenship and your application is refused.

What this means for you

You have not been naturalised as a British citizen. The reasons for this decision are set out in the next section.

Reasons why your application has been refused

I am not satisfied that you are of good character. The good character guidance (http://www.gov.uk/government/publicatio ... y-guidance) explains how good character is assessed

You have not met this requirement because of:

Criminality

You were cautioned on 28th January 2019. Having considered your caution and in the absence of any exceptional circumstances, I am not satisfied that the good character requirement is met.

If you still wish to become a British Citizen, you can make a new application. You can do this at any time but you are advised to ensure, as far as possible, that the requirements are met before doing so.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:10 pm

haleema72 wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:01 pm
Dear All
Please see the application
This is the reply from the Home office .
As you all said to wait for 3 years from the date of caution ,Which I understand but what else can I do
How to support my application ? My children and husband will be getting their passports sooner .
What evidence carries weight to support my character besides the 3 year weight from the date of caution?
Thank you

Your application for British citizenship was received on 27th February 2021. Your application has been considered under section 6(1) of the British Nationality Act 1981.

You have not demonstrated that you meet the requirements for British citizenship and your application is refused.

What this means for you

You have not been naturalised as a British citizen. The reasons for this decision are set out in the next section.

Reasons why your application has been refused

I am not satisfied that you are of good character. The good character guidance (http://www.gov.uk/government/publicatio ... y-guidance) explains how good character is assessed

You have not met this requirement because of:

Criminality

You were cautioned on 28th January 2019. Having considered your caution and in the absence of any exceptional circumstances, I am not satisfied that the good character requirement is met.

If you still wish to become a British Citizen, you can make a new application. You can do this at any time but you are advised to ensure, as far as possible, that the requirements are met before doing so.
Please do not post about your refusal in this topic where you asked about your families passport applications.

Continue your situations questions in your existing topic where you have already been given advice. You failed to meet the requirements and must wait before you can apply again.

british-citizenship/british-citizenship ... l#p2012950
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.