ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First adult British passport after naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Tomasz767
Newly Registered
Poland

First adult British passport after naturalisation

Post by Tomasz767 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:51 am

Hi,
I will be applying for first adult british passport, I had my ceremony last month.

From what I've gathered the only documents I have to post are my current foreign passport and naturalisation certificate.

If I will be applying online, do I have to send 2 photographs along with the documents and do they have to be signed(if yes by who)?
Is digital photo sufficient in this case?

I send letters very rarely and I've never sent documents of this importance by post I will be going with next day delivery, tracked and signed, is there any additional options I should go for?

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Re: First adult British passport after naturalisation

Post by Ticktack » Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:12 pm

Tomasz767 wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:51 am
Hi,
I will be applying for first adult british passport, I had my ceremony last month.

From what I've gathered the only documents I have to post are my current foreign passport and naturalisation certificate.Correct

If I will be applying online, do I have to send 2 photographs along with the documents and do they have to be signed(if yes by who)?
Is digital photo sufficient in this case?If done online, picture would be taken with your phone or digital camera.

I send letters very rarely and I've never sent documents of this importance by post I will be going with next day delivery, tracked and signed, is there any additional options I should go for?That's it. people have been sending it this way for many years. You'll be fine.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

contorted_svy
Diamond Member
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:12 pm

You can either take the picture yourself, or get it taken in a shop. They can provide a digital code that will automatically upload the picture. No need to send physical pictures or get them countersigned if you apply online.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

Tomasz767
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by Tomasz767 » Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:08 pm

Thanks for helpful responses. If I have any more questions I will post them here.