ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First british passport application applied from india

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Rajukakumanu
Newly Registered

First british passport application applied from india

Post by Rajukakumanu » Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:17 am

Hi,

I have applied for child first british passport application from India, child born in India. It’s been more than 6months and I have no update on progress, they have asked to sent a address proof for my wife, as she was in India when the baby is born. But she is not Indian resident and holds ILR.I have british passport and I am here in uk and family got stuck in India. After speaking to customer relations they fave asked to sent 2address proofs of my in-laws where the application address is made on. It’s been more than 6weeks still have no update from them, I am calling to customer relations team every week and they are saying still there is no update. We have medical issue where we need to get some vaccines for my daughter here.

Can some one give me any info and what to do now

Thanks
Raju

vivek86
Newly Registered

Re: First british passport application applied from india

Post by vivek86 » Mon May 30, 2022 8:37 pm

Hi Raju,

Did you get any update from the passport office ? I'm in a similar position too, I've been waiting for my son's passport for more than 7 months :(

Regards,
Vivek

jesna#1989
Newly Registered

Post by jesna#1989 » Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:06 am

Hi, Any updates? How long it will take from interview to receive a passport? And what type of visa need to be applied for the new born once passport is received? I understand for OCI application from the UK, they'll ask for baby's exit visa from India.

Naynasharma
Newly Registered
India

Post by Naynasharma » Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:20 pm

@vivek any updates

vivek86
Newly Registered

Post by vivek86 » Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:39 am

@Naynasharma the latest update I've got is that the passport is printed a couple of weeks back and we're waiting for the delivery.

vivek86
Newly Registered

Post by vivek86 » Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:41 am

@jesna my understanding was we don't need anything from India as the child would have the UK passport to travel to the UK. Once the child is here we can apply for OCI, what do you mean by exit visa?