ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First passport application for Child

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Hbajwa
Newly Registered
Pakistan

First passport application for Child

Post by Hbajwa » Sun May 09, 2021 11:48 am

Hi Good morning.

I arrived to UK with my family on ICT Tier 2 visa 3 years ago using Pakistani passport. However my wife has a UK passport which has British citizen with no observations mentioned. I wanted to now apply for British passport for my two children (less than 18 years old). As part of application i am required to submit British registration or naturalization certificate for my wife. However we don't have this and can i send her passport instead of those documents as part of application? Or do i need to apply for her naturalization certificate first?

I seems that for naturalization certificate i will need to submit her parents marriage certificate, and also proof of there citizen ship but the only thing they have with them in Pakistan is the expired UK passport.

My wife received her British passport via her dad who was born in UK in 1955 while his father was on an armed forces duty in UK at that time. But since short after his birth in UK he has lived in Pakistan.

It will be really appreciated if anyone else has gone through this before or if some one know what i need to do next.

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Haroon

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: First passport application for Child

Post by CULLINAN » Sun May 09, 2021 12:48 pm

Where was your wife born?

Where were your children born?
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Hbajwa
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Hbajwa » Mon May 10, 2021 8:05 am

Wife and children were both both our of UK and UK territory countries.

Hbajwa
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Hbajwa » Mon May 10, 2021 8:12 am

Just to clarify both children and wife were born out of UK.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon May 10, 2021 5:42 pm

I would pass it onto @secret.simon who is best placed to answer.

Assuming your wife was British by descent as she was born outside UK, I believe, your children born outside UK will need to be registered as British first before they can apply for British passports.

Does you wife has British passport copy of her father?
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Hbajwa
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Hbajwa » Tue May 11, 2021 7:29 pm

No we dont have and actually father's passport is expired. We do have a copy of his birth certificate.