ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

form mn1

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

ngr5
Newly Registered

form mn1

Post by ngr5 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:17 pm

Evening All

can anyone help please, my wife is applying for british citizenship along with my stepson, I am british and my wife and stepson are thai, we are unsure under which section to claim citizenship for my stepson,

thankyou in advance

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: form mn1

Post by Amber » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:23 pm

If you 'step-son' was born abroad and isn't adopted it'd be section 3(1). I assume the biological father has no contact with the child and the Mother has sole responsibility. I also assume the child has ILR and if over 13 has been in the UK for 2 or more years.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

ngr5
Newly Registered

Re: form mn1

Post by ngr5 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:44 pm

HI
Thanks for the reply, yes he was born in Thailand and there has been no contact with the father for about 12 years, he is 14 and has been here for 6 years now and they both have ILR,
do I need to fill out the guardian section too or is it ok for just my wife as the mother

thanks