ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General discussion after BC and Passport application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

Locked
Will Singh
Newbie
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:51 pm

Re: BC waiting times

Post by Will Singh » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:34 am

fev wrote:
malaika wrote:
fev wrote:I'm too concerned about the order of processing BC applications and it seems to me HO don't have any particular criteria e.g. first in first out because judging by timeline thread some people have been waiting for much longer than me but on the other hand a lot of people who applied after me received their approvals. I can't get rid of the feeling that it's simply luck when an application is going to be processed (providing it is straight-forward). It also appears that HO process Spouse of BC slower than Work Permits and Tiers :cry: :(
Sometimes i do not think that it is luck because of late approvals seem to follow a pattern or patterns almost completely identical to each other
I apologise if these patterns were discussed previously but it would be great if you can describe what you noticed about HO decision making process in more details. I'm really interested to find out.
Thank you.
I dont think there is a pattern apart from the fact a high percentage get the approvals back within 6 months.

I did notice that the people who get the approvals back in short times, that its around 4 weeks from when they take the fee give and take a few days, but even that ain't consistent.

I'm also like you, I'm looking for a pattern but the truth is the only pattern that I see is we all dont know what the HO does.

I get the impression that the just put the forms all over the place and the just pick up the one closest to them LOL...

Miu
Newly Registered
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:49 am

Post by Miu » Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:09 pm

Malaika, I wish ur pattern theory was true!! We applied straight after you on July 31st, also through Brent, also after legacy!! Still nothing:( Really worried here!

chocho
Newbie
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:41 pm

Post by chocho » Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:25 pm

I think it's not a question of pattern, it is partly luck but partly the application itself. Things like applicant citizenship, occupation/status (employed, unemployed, on benefits, tax situation...) do matter I think. One may think her/his application is straightforward because she/he meets all the criteria and therefore thinks her/his application has to be treated quickly, but the HO may have some criteria that they prioritize that we do not know about. If on the timeline threads we could have more info we probably could have found out some interesting conclusions. Thoughts?

vegeta_2009
Member
Posts: 111
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:26 pm

Post by vegeta_2009 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:07 pm

chocho wrote:I think it's not a question of pattern, it is partly luck but partly the application itself. Things like applicant citizenship, occupation/status (employed, unemployed, on benefits, tax situation...) do matter I think. One may think her/his application is straightforward because she/he meets all the criteria and therefore thinks her/his application has to be treated quickly, but the HO may have some criteria that they prioritize that we do not know about. If on the timeline threads we could have more info we probably could have found out some interesting conclusions. Thoughts?
I was looking for a pattern myself an it took 21 days just to process the fees having applied in October, now this contradicts the timelines posted here which averages at just below 14 days :(

ex-immigrant
Newly Registered
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:58 pm
Location: france

Post by ex-immigrant » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:31 pm

No processing Critaria

I applied NAturalisation in june 2011
Received approval 12 nov 2011 today

Miu
Newly Registered
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:49 am

Post by Miu » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:02 am

ex-immigrant wrote:No processing Critaria

I applied NAturalisation in june 2011
Received approval 12 nov 2011 today
Congratulations!!! I can imagine ur joy after such a looong wait!! Hope u sort everything until Xmas!!

ex-immigrant
Newly Registered
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:58 pm
Location: france

Post by ex-immigrant » Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:04 pm

Miu wrote:
ex-immigrant wrote:No processing Critaria

I applied NAturalisation in june 2011
Received approval 12 nov 2011 today
Congratulations!!! I can imagine ur joy after such a looong wait!! Hope u sort everything until Xmas!!
thankyou

Will Singh
Newbie
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:51 pm

Post by Will Singh » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:03 pm

Has anyone lately telephoned HO regarding BC? I called today and the women I spoke to(tried to speak too) said I ain't giving any progress before 6 months from claim...

I only called about 2 weeks ago and they were fine speaking to me then. I think we should have a list of the names that we speak to and give them a score so next time we call we know what sort of attitude we will get back.

vic_fan
Newly Registered
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:46 am

Post by vic_fan » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:30 pm

Will Singh wrote:Has anyone lately telephoned HO regarding BC? I called today and the women I spoke to(tried to speak too) said I ain't giving any progress before 6 months from claim...

I only called about 2 weeks ago and they were fine speaking to me then. I think we should have a list of the names that we speak to and give them a score so next time we call we know what sort of attitude we will get back.
Agree i called them this morning around 11 and her name was Jan (I think!) she said the same thing to me, possibly the same person.

Will Singh
Newbie
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:51 pm

Post by Will Singh » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:13 pm

vic_fan wrote:
Will Singh wrote:Has anyone lately telephoned HO regarding BC? I called today and the women I spoke to(tried to speak too) said I ain't giving any progress before 6 months from claim...

I only called about 2 weeks ago and they were fine speaking to me then. I think we should have a list of the names that we speak to and give them a score so next time we call we know what sort of attitude we will get back.
Agree i called them this morning around 11 and her name was Jan (I think!) she said the same thing to me, possibly the same person.
I got Jan to and called at about that time...One to avoid I say, When I call again and hear "Jan Speaking" I'm gonna hang up LOL.

vic_fan
Newly Registered
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:46 am

Post by vic_fan » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:37 pm

Will Singh wrote:
vic_fan wrote:
Will Singh wrote:Has anyone lately telephoned HO regarding BC? I called today and the women I spoke to(tried to speak too) said I ain't giving any progress before 6 months from claim...

I only called about 2 weeks ago and they were fine speaking to me then. I think we should have a list of the names that we speak to and give them a score so next time we call we know what sort of attitude we will get back.
Agree i called them this morning around 11 and her name was Jan (I think!) she said the same thing to me, possibly the same person.
I got Jan to and called at about that time...One to avoid I say, When I call again and hear "Jan Speaking" I'm gonna hang up LOL.
Very true.. she was awful - nothing against them but being human being is what is needed.... !! ha ha

Good luck..

Man_In_Barc
Newbie
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:14 pm

Post by Man_In_Barc » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:40 pm

Might help me in future calls

vic_fan
Newly Registered
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:46 am

Post by vic_fan » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:42 pm

This is good stuff i think, lets keep posting the name of people whom we end up speaking and what type of answer he/she gives !!

Man_In_Barc
Newbie
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:14 pm

Post by Man_In_Barc » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:43 pm

I know someone who is been here for more than 10years and had their approvals in less than 6 weeks

Will Singh
Newbie
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:51 pm

Post by Will Singh » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:49 pm

Man_In_Barc wrote:I know someone who is been here for more than 10years and had their approvals in less than 6 weeks
It must be very frustrating waiting a very long time for them to respond and like you say it dont make sense of the time lines of approvals. Like you I also know people who have been here a long time and them getting approval in such a short time.

I think we need to find out how to complain about there customer service and maybe have a petition regarding the service.

I know people will argue that they dont state it will take more then 6 months BUT this is only citizenship where asking for which requires ILR so why should it take so long.

I ain't had much dealings with the HO prior to applying for BC, and reading these post has really got to me the way they treat us, I feel like a second class citizen...

Tamim
Newly Registered
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:11 pm

Post by Tamim » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:54 am

I think Will Singh is right we should do that and find a way to complain about way it is treated :x

Jambo
Respected Guru
Posts: 8734
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:31 am

Post by Jambo » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:24 am

Will Singh wrote:... BUT this is only citizenship where asking for which requires ILR so why should it take so long.
Not trying to defend the HO here but citizenship is a much more serious step than ILR or work permits. It would make sense that the state would want to double check all aspects of the application before granting citizenship even if the applicant has been checked before for ILR.
I ain't had much dealings with the HO prior to applying for BC, and reading these post has really got to me the way they treat us, I feel like a second class citizen...
Technically speaking, you are not a citizen until your application is granted and you attend the ceremony.....

Will Singh
Newbie
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:51 pm

Post by Will Singh » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:19 pm

Jambo wrote:
Will Singh wrote:... BUT this is only citizenship where asking for which requires ILR so why should it take so long.
Not trying to defend the HO here but citizenship is a much more serious step than ILR or work permits. It would make sense that the state would want to double check all aspects of the application before granting citizenship even if the applicant has been checked before for ILR.
I ain't had much dealings with the HO prior to applying for BC, and reading these post has really got to me the way they treat us, I feel like a second class citizen...
Technically speaking, you are not a citizen until your application is granted and you attend the ceremony.....
Regarding citizenship I dont think its more serious at all as I would think they do more enquiries when giving ILR rather then just granting people citizenship of the country they all ready live in and want to make it there permanent home.

Just to clarify my statues I was born and bred in this country and have applied for BC for my wife. I have never felt part of this country due to being treated differently and now dealing with the HO has made me think the problem is worse then I ever thought.

If people are parting with large amounts of money they deserve a better service then what we are receiving from UKBA and I really feel strongly about this and feel they are getting away with it as not many immigrants who deal with them question them as they sometimes come from backgrounds where they cant question government officials.

fev
Newbie
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:42 pm

Post by fev » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:46 pm

I read recently a report made by the independent inspector of UKBA in which he evaluated UKBA work including one of its call centre. He emphasised that people who applied for citizenship and paid over 800 pounds were customers of UKBA (not annoying beggars)and should be treated respectively. And I think they can include regular updates in their customer service.
I personally had a very unpleasant situation with UKBA when I applied for ILR. I paid extra to apply directly and have my application processed on the same day, but due to the incompetence of their staff (well they didn't say this, of course, they were very evasive) according to them one of my previous applications were not closed and they couldn't give me their decision on the day. I complained (without much success) and chased my application. I received it 2,5 months later though my ILR was issued only 10 days after my application in person. What did they do with my documents for 2 months is a mystery (Probably put them in a drawer and forgot to post them). So in my experience UKBA needs more outside control. Sometimes they are completely out of line.

humtum
Newbie
Posts: 34
Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 10:55 pm
Location: uk

Approval

Post by humtum » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:10 pm

Hi All
Finally I received the approval letter today after waiting 4 months and 4 days.i applied on 14/07/2011.its was long wait but it's over now.i did not contacted home office through this waiting period.
Good Luck to everyone who are still waiting

Locked
cron