ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General discussion after BC and Passport application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

Locked
cricinfo
Member
Posts: 230
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:51 pm

Post by cricinfo » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:51 pm

I don't mind waiting but really annoyed to see that some already got approval where acknowledgements were issued after me. I am happy for people who got approvals but HO needs to have consistent policy in deciding cases

anear
Newly Registered
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:53 am

Post by anear » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:53 pm

what number did you call?

I rang 0845 010 5200 which is on the acknowledgement letter, but all I heard is recordings. There is nobody answer the phone.

[quote="ahmad74"]Hi,

I have applied on the 09/09/2011 and still waiting for the approval
today I have called the home office and was told that a decision was made on my case but have to wait couple of weeks to recieve it.

so why I have to wait couple of weeks if the decision is already made ?
should be couple of days !!! :([/quote]

Blackhole
Member
Posts: 105
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:28 am
Location: BOURNEMOUTH

Post by Blackhole » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:58 pm

anear wrote:what number did you call?

I rang 0845 010 5200 which is on the acknowledgement letter, but all I heard is recordings. There is nobody answer the phone.
ahmad74 wrote:Hi,

I have applied on the 09/09/2011 and still waiting for the approval
today I have called the home office and was told that a decision was made on my case but have to wait couple of weeks to recieve it.

so why I have to wait couple of weeks if the decision is already made ?
should be couple of days !!! :(
that s the number just choose option 2 then 2 again

then you are through talking to some one BUT

again from my experience with them as i called about 6 /7 times every one gives you different answer

also some people here reported that when they caleed they were told application still on the Q next day they received their approval

which give me a sense of that their staff have no idea of what they are talking about

KFM
Newly Registered
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:21 pm

Post by KFM » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:06 am

At work though but just been informed that a brown envelope has been delivered to my address by post - If is what am expecting then its taken 11weeks. Can wait to get home to open it, hope is a good news!!!

Blackhole
Member
Posts: 105
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:28 am
Location: BOURNEMOUTH

Post by Blackhole » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:30 am

KFM wrote:At work though but just been informed that a brown envelope has been delivered to my address by post - If is what am expecting then its taken 11weeks. Can wait to get home to open it, hope is a good news!!!
KFM

Hope the envelope is bringing approval to you

i am so happy for u, and as we almost applied at the same time ( 2 days before you) ; i hope good news are coming to us as well

please keep us informed

congratulation in advance mate

oscar22
Newbie
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:00 pm

Post by oscar22 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:02 pm

KFM wrote:At work though but just been informed that a brown envelope has been delivered to my address by post - If is what am expecting then its taken 11weeks. Can wait to get home to open it, hope is a good news!!!
KFM
I am sure today is your day. Congratulations & enjoy the day :) :) . To all others waiting like me, we will try to be "patient" and hope lady luck smiles upon us soon :wink: :wink:

KFM
Newly Registered
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:21 pm

Post by KFM » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:23 pm

Hi Folks, I have opened my small brown envelope, it has in it my passport and a letter. Am quoting from the 2nd paragraph "I am please to say that the application has been successful and you will shortly receive a letter inviting you to attend a citizenship ceremony". Its been a long journey but anything that has beginning has an end. Patience is the key. Thanks to all.

rnr79
Member of Standing
Posts: 351
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 11:54 am

Post by rnr79 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:17 pm

Sam_London wrote:I've applied in May 2011! and got my approval last week. You guys need to be a bit patient :)

Good luck!
Hey Sam_London...Congrats...i remember you applied at about same time as me...i guess it has been a long wait for you...but in the end..its all good..well done mate...all the best in life

Sam_London
Junior Member
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:00 pm

Post by Sam_London » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:20 am

Thanks RNR! :)
rnr79 wrote:
Sam_London wrote:I've applied in May 2011! and got my approval last week. You guys need to be a bit patient :)

Good luck!
Hey Sam_London...Congrats...i remember you applied at about same time as me...i guess it has been a long wait for you...but in the end..its all good..well done mate...all the best in life

cricinfo
Member
Posts: 230
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:51 pm

Post by cricinfo » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:41 am

Congrats KFM. Hope i will get response soon because my case was received by HO on same date as your's (on 14/11/11). This wait is killing me :(
KFM wrote:Hi Folks, I have opened my small brown envelope, it has in it my passport and a letter. Am quoting from the 2nd paragraph "I am please to say that the application has been successful and you will shortly receive a letter inviting you to attend a citizenship ceremony". Its been a long journey but anything that has beginning has an end. Patience is the key. Thanks to all.

Blackhole
Member
Posts: 105
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:28 am
Location: BOURNEMOUTH

Post by Blackhole » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:20 pm

Hi Guys: cherryplum, Oscar, cricinfo

any news today:
approvals or phone calls to HO

tried to call today and didnt manage to get throuh :twisted:

oscar22
Newbie
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:00 pm

Post by oscar22 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:38 pm

Blackhole wrote:Hi Guys: cherryplum, Oscar, cricinfo

any news today:
approvals or phone calls to HO

tried to call today and didnt manage to get throuh :twisted:
Blackhole
No news..but hopefully we will all get good news.

cricinfo
Member
Posts: 230
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:51 pm

Post by cricinfo » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:20 pm

Just came house and found no brown envelope so wait is still on. Rang the HO number to get an update but hung up after listening the recorded message that they don't provide any update before 6 months :cry:

oscar22 wrote:
Blackhole wrote:Hi Guys: cherryplum, Oscar, cricinfo

any news today:
approvals or phone calls to HO

tried to call today and didnt manage to get throuh :twisted:
Blackhole
No news..but hopefully we will all get good news.

Blackhole
Member
Posts: 105
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:28 am
Location: BOURNEMOUTH

Post by Blackhole » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:35 pm

cricinfo wrote:Just came house and found no brown envelope so wait is still on. Rang the HO number to get an update but hung up after listening the recorded message that they don't provide any update before 6 months :cry:

oscar22 wrote:
Blackhole wrote:Hi Guys: cherryplum, Oscar, cricinfo

any news today:
approvals or phone calls to HO

tried to call today and didnt manage to get throuh :twisted:
Blackhole
No news..but hopefully we will all get good news.
Cricinfo

if you want to talk to them the only option is if you lie and tell them that money never been taken from your account
they will check and finally will provide some updates

ahmad74
Newly Registered
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:10 pm

Post by ahmad74 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:36 am

ahmad74 wrote:Hi,

I have applied on the 09/09/2011 and still waiting for the approval
today I have called the home office and was told that a decision was made on my case but have to wait couple of weeks to recieve it.

so why I have to wait couple of weeks if the decision is already made ?
should be couple of days !!! :(


hi again,

just to let you know that I have recieved my magic brown envelope with the approval on wednesday 01\02\2012 which means only one day after I called them not couple of weeks as I was told !!!
the letter was dated 25\01\2012 , so it took about 4 months and 3 weeks
booked for the ceremony on the 08\02\2012

ahmad74
Newly Registered
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:10 pm

Post by ahmad74 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:42 am

Blackhole wrote:
cricinfo wrote:Just came house and found no brown envelope so wait is still on. Rang the HO number to get an update but hung up after listening the recorded message that they don't provide any update before 6 months :cry:

oscar22 wrote:
Blackhole wrote:Hi Guys: cherryplum, Oscar, cricinfo

any news today:
approvals or phone calls to HO

tried to call today and didnt manage to get throuh :twisted:
Blackhole
No news..but hopefully we will all get good news.
Cricinfo

if you want to talk to them the only option is if you lie and tell them that money never been taken from your account
they will check and finally will provide some updates

yes I agree you have to lie if u want to get any update
I have called them like 4 times and everytime they refuse to give me any update , so I decided to lie and told them that I didnt recieved the aknowledgment letter and it works he asked me for my details and did the check ... and dont forget to choose option 2 and then option 2 not 1

cricinfo
Member
Posts: 230
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:51 pm

Post by cricinfo » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:06 am

Congrats ahmad74. I am really happy for you. I will wait until next weekend and then i will call them to get an update. I will keep your suggestion in mind before calling them. Once again Congrats
ahmad74 wrote:
Blackhole wrote:
cricinfo wrote:Just came house and found no brown envelope so wait is still on. Rang the HO number to get an update but hung up after listening the recorded message that they don't provide any update before 6 months :cry:

oscar22 wrote:
Blackhole
No news..but hopefully we will all get good news.
Cricinfo

if you want to talk to them the only option is if you lie and tell them that money never been taken from your account
they will check and finally will provide some updates

yes I agree you have to lie if u want to get any update
I have called them like 4 times and everytime they refuse to give me any update , so I decided to lie and told them that I didnt recieved the aknowledgment letter and it works he asked me for my details and did the check ... and dont forget to choose option 2 and then option 2 not 1

KFM
Newly Registered
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:21 pm

Post by KFM » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:56 am

[quote="KFM"]Hi Folks, I have opened my small brown envelope, it has in it my passport and a letter. Am quoting from the 2nd paragraph "I am please to say that the application has been successful and you will shortly receive a letter inviting you to attend a citizenship ceremony". Its been a long journey but anything that has beginning has an end. Patience is the key. Thanks to all





Got my Ceremony Invitation Letter today, I have booked to attend on 13th March. I am almost there!!!

cherryplum
Junior Member
Posts: 54
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:08 pm

Post by cherryplum » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:21 am

KFM wrote:@Blackhole - Cherryplum applied before us but yet to get approval. I think the applications are treated on case by case basis so "patience" is the word. Our time will come.
I just got my approval dated 29/01/2012, received on 02/02/2012....my ceremony is on 09/02/2011!!!! Your time will come!

cherryplum
Junior Member
Posts: 54
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:08 pm

Post by cherryplum » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:32 am

KFM wrote:
KFM wrote:Hi Folks, I have opened my small brown envelope, it has in it my passport and a letter. Am quoting from the 2nd paragraph "I am please to say that the application has been successful and you will shortly receive a letter inviting you to attend a citizenship ceremony". Its been a long journey but anything that has beginning has an end. Patience is the key. Thanks to all





Got my Ceremony Invitation Letter today, I have booked to attend on 13th March. I am almost there!!!
Congratulations! Where are you having your ceremony? Just wondering because you have to wait so long for a date - mine is on Thursday the 9th, I booked it on Friday the 3rd! Mine is in Bedford.

Locked
cron