ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General discussion after BC and Passport application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

KFM
Newly Registered

Post by KFM » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:36 am

@cherryplum , how many letters did you get from HO?. I got 2, the first was to informed me of the success of the application and got another one yesterday which was the invite to the ceremony. I was little bit shock about the 13th March date given by the lady I spoke with on the phone. I will phone them again on Monday to find out. The first can become the last, lol.

KFM
Newly Registered

Post by KFM » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:40 am

KFM wrote:@cherryplum , how many letters did you get from HO?. I got 2, the first was to informed me of the success of the application and got another one yesterday which was the invite to the ceremony. I was little bit shock about the 13th March date given by the lady I spoke with on the phone. I will phone them again on Monday to find out. The first can become the last, lol.
. ........in Newham

cherryplum

Post by cherryplum » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:03 pm

@KFM - I only got the approval letter - it mentioned who I had to contact for ceremony and also that I would get an invite from the Local Athority in a couple of days - that has not arrived yet - probably this week. But I rang the contact number given on my approval letter and the lady said she had my file with her for a letter but was happy to book there and then - I know in Bedford this month they have a ceremony every Thursday, AM and PM - next month it's every other Thursday so maybe not too many people booking here.

Magdallena
Newly Registered

Post by Magdallena » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:34 am

Hi everyone!
Just wanted to asy that my waiting is finally over (it took over 3 months) On Friday I received a letter from UKBA which says that my application for British Citizenship has been succesfsul :D so happy!
I would like to say thank you to everyone who is contributiong to this forum. you are all doing a great job providing people with information!
I hope that others who are still waiting will get brown envelope soon!
Good Luck!
M

Blackhole

Post by Blackhole » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:23 pm

Magdallena wrote:Hi everyone!
Just wanted to asy that my waiting is finally over (it took over 3 months) On Friday I received a letter from UKBA which says that my application for British Citizenship has been succesfsul :D so happy!
I would like to say thank you to everyone who is contributiong to this forum. you are all doing a great job providing people with information!
I hope that others who are still waiting will get brown envelope soon!
Good Luck!
M
big congratulation magdallena

your waiting time is finally over

i beleive that you applied 1st of Nov

still waiting in here, as we almost applied at the same time i sense that my magic envelope is coming soon as well
the only thing is annoying me is that HO office calling centre is providing me with different answers each time i call them

two weeks ago they put my hope high when they told me my application in final stage
last friday they put my hope very low by telling me that still on the Q

Hope good news coming this week :(

Blackhole

Post by Blackhole » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:36 pm

[quote="cricinfo"]Congrats ahmad74. I am really happy for you. I will wait until next weekend and then i will call them to get an update. I will keep your suggestion in mind before calling them. Once again Congrats

Cricinfo

Have you called HO as you planned ?

cricinfo

Post by cricinfo » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:46 am

I haven't called HO just yet as I am currently following the timelines and feel that I should hear from HO this week or next week. Magdallena's fee were debited on 23/11/11 and s/he received approval only couple of days ago while mine fee were bebited on 05/12/11 so i am still optimistic that we will receive response in next couple of weeks. Finger crossed
Blackhole wrote:
cricinfo wrote:Congrats ahmad74. I am really happy for you. I will wait until next weekend and then i will call them to get an update. I will keep your suggestion in mind before calling them. Once again Congrats

Cricinfo

Have you called HO as you planned ?

oscar22

Post by oscar22 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:21 am

Yapeee...... :D :D :D . I have received my approval today. I applied on 14 Nov. I can't believe it's nearly over at last! To all those waiting. I pray and hope you get you approvals soon. Thanks to all who keep updating with comments as it really helps when one is waiting.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

cricinfo

Post by cricinfo » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:09 am

Many many congrats mate.... Really happy for you.... I hope i get mine soon...
oscar22 wrote:Yapeee...... :D :D :D . I have received my approval today. I applied on 14 Nov. I can't believe it's nearly over at last! To all those waiting. I pray and hope you get you approvals soon. Thanks to all who keep updating with comments as it really helps when one is waiting.

oscar22

Post by oscar22 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:39 am

cricinfo wrote:Many many congrats mate.... Really happy for you.... I hope i get mine soon...
oscar22 wrote:Yapeee...... :D :D :D . I have received my approval today. I applied on 14 Nov. I can't believe it's nearly over at last! To all those waiting. I pray and hope you get you approvals soon. Thanks to all who keep updating with comments as it really helps when one is waiting.

Thanks cricinfo, from what I can see they have started dealing with Nov applications. I do hope you, Blackhole and others will get some positive respone sooner rather then later.

Blackhole

Post by Blackhole » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:20 pm

Hay Oscar

Big Congratulations mate :)

finally you are very much relaxed now

wish all the best with the rest of your journey

hopefully me and cricinfo and all others who applied more than 3 months ago will hear from HO soon,

fingers croseed

oscar22

Post by oscar22 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:33 pm

Blackhole wrote:Hay Oscar

Big Congratulations mate :)

finally you are very much relaxed now

wish all the best with the rest of your journey

hopefully me and cricinfo and all others who applied more than 3 months ago will hear from HO soon,

fingers croseed
Thanks Blackhole, I am over the moon :D :D :D :D. I am very sure you will get approval soon.

cherryplum

Post by cherryplum » Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:37 pm

Just had my citizenship ceremony -it was a lovely occassion - they really made it a big deal - which it is! Good luck to all of you still waiting

oscar22

Post by oscar22 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:47 pm

cherryplum wrote:Just had my citizenship ceremony -it was a lovely occassion - they really made it a big deal - which it is! Good luck to all of you still waiting
Big Congratulations to you cherryplum on becoming BC 8) 8)

Congratulations MeeMee,DEVONIAN and newdawn ..... :wink: :wink: on your approvals.

HANDYMAN your approval will soon arrive. Blackhole and cricinfo any news today?

Blackhole

Post by Blackhole » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:05 pm

Still no news my friend

Started to get into my nervous already

Didn't call them though as feeling very frustrated :cry:

cricinfo

Post by cricinfo » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:27 am

Still waiting :( :( :( :(

oscar22

Post by oscar22 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:09 pm

Blackhole and cricinfo, I know HO really tests people patience but don't worry, you will get positive response when you least expect them. If you made application by post, ask for your documents back (that’s how I did it) and they will be forced to retrieve you files from whenever they have kept them.

Blackhole

Post by Blackhole » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:36 pm

Oscar22

Thanks for your nice comments

unfortunatly I have applied through NCS so I cant request any documents back simply because all of them are copies

you are right we have to sit back and wait; it is painful but thats the only option we do have

so from now on I will be stopping expecting them and I will try to go with my normal life

then this way they might come next day :) :) :)

mrworld9

Post by mrworld9 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:10 pm

Blackhole
I quite understand your position. In as much as we can't do anything but wait until the final verdict arrives at our doorstep, the undeniable truth is that the anxiety that comes with the waiting game is second to none.
As easy as it sounds, it's just not possible to completely take off your mind and pretend you aren't bothered....maybe it's just me anyway.
I have noticed they have started attending to December applications and hopefully, it will soon be our turn.
Keep waiting and believing!!

cricinfo

Post by cricinfo » Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:47 am

Today i received two brown envelopes in the post. In one envelope there was the biggest news of my life about the success of my Naturaliztion application (latter was dated 08/02/2012).

The other envelope was from Luton Registrar about the citizenship appointment which is on 06/03/2012. I am surprised to see this envelope as on the form i did request them that i want to have my citizenship ceremony in Bedford (Central Bedfordshire Council) but they have sent my documentation in Luton Borough Council where i live. I am so happy today that i think i can forgive them for their mistake. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wish you all the best of luck to all who are waiting especially Blackhole