ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General discussion after BC and Passport application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

noble72uk
- thin ice -
Posts: 177
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:11 am

Post by noble72uk » Tue May 15, 2012 9:47 pm

rad wrote:
Masryman wrote:
annpgeorge wrote:I sent off mine on 14th 0f Mar. 9 weeks tomorrow.
I think u should start counting from the day the payment were taken as thats the day the case open and if u applied on the basis of married to be bc u should expect it to be longer than other applicant as it takes longer than tier 1 etc so dont worry u are still within normal time
Hi Masryman,

I applied for BC based on married with a British citizen. I read what you wrote so you think that might take longer than 6 months...that what you mean?

What about tier 1 when you compared, does it take longer than 6 months as well.

goodluck! :)

Your status as married to a British citizen doesn’t mean it will takes longer

Whatever is your status Married to BC or not. it’s only a luck these days most of applications are dealt between 2, 3 months

So just be patient and hopefully you All will get what are waiting for.

Masryman
- thin ice -
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 1:35 pm

Post by Masryman » Tue May 15, 2012 9:51 pm

noble72uk wrote:
rad wrote:
Masryman wrote:
annpgeorge wrote:I sent off mine on 14th 0f Mar. 9 weeks tomorrow.
I think u should start counting from the day the payment were taken as thats the day the case open and if u applied on the basis of married to be bc u should expect it to be longer than other applicant as it takes longer than tier 1 etc so dont worry u are still within normal time
Hi Masryman,

I applied for BC based on married with a British citizen. I read what you wrote so you think that might take longer than 6 months...that what you mean?

What about tier 1 when you compared, does it take longer than 6 months as well.

With all do respect all tier 1 etc applied and they had a response within 4 to 8 weeks but married to Bc from feb still no joy just to say something else there is no matter for luck all case has its own merit
Thanks

goodluck! :)

Your status as married to a British citizen doesn’t mean it will takes longer

Whatever is your status Married to BC or not. it’s only a luck these days most of applications are dealt between 2, 3 months

So just be patient and hopefully you All will get what are waiting for.

jms_uk
- thin ice -
Posts: 194
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:44 am

Post by jms_uk » Tue May 15, 2012 10:04 pm

Slightly OT - can somebody tell me what does the infamous brown envelope looks like?

Is it A4, C5, or just a small DL? With a window or without? What's the sender's address on it?

Is it same as the acknowledgment one?

Kam348
Junior Member
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:07 am

Feb club update please

Post by Kam348 » Tue May 15, 2012 10:16 pm

Bluto (applied on 2nd Feb)
iereboy (applied on 8th Feb)
kam348 (applied on 10th Feb)
chipmunk1 (applied on 14th Feb)
Panesar (applied on 24th Feb)
juliajules1979 (applied on 28th Feb) .... received last week
joh118
manoj123

MTZ01
Newly Registered
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed May 02, 2012 9:25 pm
Location: Newbie

Post by MTZ01 » Wed May 16, 2012 8:13 am

Hi everyone, i know this has been answerd before by Jumbo etc..... but just want to make sure.

I have to travel next month to my home country for a period of about 8 days, do i have to inform the HO or jusst go? My wife will be home to open all letters that come in the meantime.

Whats the wores that could happen?

AlexS
Junior Member
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:33 pm
Location: London, UK

Post by AlexS » Wed May 16, 2012 9:01 am

jms_uk wrote:Slightly OT - can somebody tell me what does the infamous brown envelope looks like?

Is it A4, C5, or just a small DL? With a window or without? What's the sender's address on it?

Is it same as the acknowledgment one?
It's an A4 brown envelope, no window. My name was handwritten on it. No sender address on mine, but I think the reference number was written at the bottom of it.
-----
Alex

cricinfo
Member
Posts: 230
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:51 pm

Post by cricinfo » Wed May 16, 2012 9:35 am

MTZ01 wrote:Hi everyone, i know this has been answerd before by Jumbo etc..... but just want to make sure.

I have to travel next month to my home country for a period of about 8 days, do i have to inform the HO or jusst go? My wife will be home to open all letters that come in the meantime.

Whats the wores that could happen?
As long as your wife can take care of your mail then there is no issue. You don't have to inform HO. Just go

grantring
- thin ice -
Posts: 78
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:36 pm

Post by grantring » Wed May 16, 2012 9:36 am

AlexS wrote:
jms_uk wrote:Slightly OT - can somebody tell me what does the infamous brown envelope looks like?

Is it A4, C5, or just a small DL? With a window or without? What's the sender's address on it?

Is it same as the acknowledgment one?
It's an A4 brown envelope, no window. My name was handwritten on it. No sender address on mine, but I think the reference number was written at the bottom of it.
Good info thanks we had a 3rd acknowledgement letter yesterday date the 11/05/12 dont know what they are playing at

annpgeorge
Newbie
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:59 pm

Post by annpgeorge » Wed May 16, 2012 11:27 am

Masryman wrote:
annpgeorge wrote:I sent off mine on 14th 0f Mar. 9 weeks tomorrow.
I think u should start counting from the day the payment were taken as thats the day the case open and if u applied on the basis of married to be bc u should expect it to be longer than other applicant as it takes longer than tier 1 etc so dont worry u are still within normal time
in that case it will be 8 weeks (since payment was taken)

annpgeorge
Newbie
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:59 pm

Post by annpgeorge » Wed May 16, 2012 11:32 am

AlexS wrote:
jms_uk wrote:Slightly OT - can somebody tell me what does the infamous brown envelope looks like?

Is it A4, C5, or just a small DL? With a window or without? What's the sender's address on it?

Is it same as the acknowledgment one?
It's an A4 brown envelope, no window. My name was handwritten on it. No sender address on mine, but I think the reference number was written at the bottom of it.
So I can remain calm when I see other brown envelopes! Thanks for this info.

jms_uk
- thin ice -
Posts: 194
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:44 am

Post by jms_uk » Wed May 16, 2012 11:33 am

AlexS wrote: It's an A4 brown envelope, no window. My name was handwritten on it. No sender address on mine, but I think the reference number was written at the bottom of it.
What a poor standard of service :o


Even the acknowledgment letter has a sender's address on it - it is the basics of sending letters.

annpgeorge
Newbie
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:59 pm

March 2012 club

Post by annpgeorge » Wed May 16, 2012 11:40 am

Just thought I'd compile a Mar 12 group here for ease

This is what I have seen so far:
Masryman - 8 Mar
annpgeore - applied 14 Mar (fees taken 23 Mar)
grantring - 21 Mar

grantring
- thin ice -
Posts: 78
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:36 pm

Re: March 2012 club

Post by grantring » Wed May 16, 2012 11:50 am

annpgeorge wrote:Just thought I'd compile a Mar 12 group here for ease

This is what I have seen so far:
Masryman - 8 Mar
annpgeore - applied 14 Mar (fees taken 23 Mar)
grantring - 21 Mar
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=103207

is a better March club not in the main thread so easier to track

annpgeorge
Newbie
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:59 pm

Re: March 2012 club

Post by annpgeorge » Wed May 16, 2012 3:19 pm

grantring wrote:
annpgeorge wrote:Just thought I'd compile a Mar 12 group here for ease

This is what I have seen so far:
Masryman - 8 Mar
annpgeore - applied 14 Mar (fees taken 23 Mar)
grantring - 21 Mar
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=103207

is a better March club not in the main thread so easier to track
thank you for that. hadnt seen that yet...

ARPHskp
Junior Member
Posts: 57
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:39 pm

March club

Post by ARPHskp » Wed May 16, 2012 4:54 pm

I applied on the 26 march

kasif
Newly Registered
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:47 pm

Post by kasif » Thu May 17, 2012 8:45 am

Is any body received the approval in the past 1 week?

I have not seen a single approval in the past 1 week and it seems like Home Office is not looking into the case any more.

I applied on 20th Feb and till now no update and still waiting for that Golden envelope but no luck so far :(

burtsbee
- thin ice -
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:07 am

Post by burtsbee » Thu May 17, 2012 8:50 am

Hi, if there's any consolation, we have been waiting since December.

Masryman
- thin ice -
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 1:35 pm

Post by Masryman » Thu May 17, 2012 9:10 am

My thinking that march club and late feb been decided its just a matter of post

burtsbee
- thin ice -
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:07 am

Post by burtsbee » Thu May 17, 2012 9:14 am

I have received a letter yesterday ( not from UKBA), just a random junk mail, that was posted over a month ago, and was stuck with the Royal Mail the whole time, so we need to consider the postage issues as well.

joh118
Senior Member
Posts: 511
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:53 pm

Post by joh118 » Thu May 17, 2012 11:23 am

if interested about the 6 month rule for information:

http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/1 ... 6.pdf.html

Locked
cron