ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General discussion after BC and Passport application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:30 pm

99minus8 wrote:i was one of those people, just got an invitation letter from the home office, saying i was approved and should contact the council. thus it seems invitation letters are send by the home office, not the local councils. My friend received an invitation letter separately in the post couple of days after receiving the approval. The reference i gave was the same H/O reference number which was sent in the acknowledgment letter (same numbers)
Hope it helps
x
ok thank you i just had Enquiry with the glasgow council the lady said its not the ref number start with NFEE its always different she might never knew anything like that lol anyway thanks for the help.
NAZIA XX

99minus8
Newly Registered

Post by 99minus8 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:49 pm

Nazia88 wrote:
99minus8 wrote:i was one of those people, just got an invitation letter from the home office, saying i was approved and should contact the council. thus it seems invitation letters are send by the home office, not the local councils. My friend received an invitation letter separately in the post couple of days after receiving the approval. The reference i gave was the same H/O reference number which was sent in the acknowledgment letter (same numbers)
Hope it helps
x
ok thank you i just had Enquiry with the glasgow council the lady said its not the ref number start with NFEE its always different she might never knew anything like that lol anyway thanks for the help.
Thats strange...Keep in mind i am not an immigration adviser, but I have my SAR report and other correspondence...everywhere is the same ref number ( starting with letters) since i extended my first student visa back in 2001. It was the same ref i got in the acknowledgement and invitation letter with which i booked the ceremony

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:57 pm

99minus8 wrote:
Nazia88 wrote:
Hope it helps
x
Thats strange...Keep in mind i am not an immigration adviser, but I have my SAR report and other correspondence...everywhere is the same ref number ( starting with letters) since i extended my first student visa back in 2001. It was the same ref i got in the acknowledgement and invitation letter with which i booked the ceremony
yeah maybe thats the case is. but when i applied my BC i didnt entered any HO REF NO. but when i recived the ack letter it says NFEExxxxxxx so i have no idea about that. i have heard the case where cermony letter along with approval and most case you have to ring the counsil so was just woundering what to tell council.
NAZIA XX

99minus8
Newly Registered

Post by 99minus8 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:01 pm

Nazia88 wrote:
99minus8 wrote:
Nazia88 wrote:
Hope it helps
x
yeah maybe thats the case is. but when i applied my BC i didnt entered any HO REF NO. but when i recived the ack letter it says NFEExxxxxxx so i have no idea about that. i have heard the case where cermony letter along with approval and most case you have to ring the counsil so was just woundering what to tell council.
if they got your certificate, i am pretty sure if you call and give you ref number with NFEExxxxxxx it should be fine. But it seems the HO sends the certificates out AFTER they send you the invitation letter, what is more you must present the invitation letter at the ceremony

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:06 pm

no i am not sure i just called them to try to get info but she refused to give me any info she said that ref number will never start like (NFEEXXXXX) that i was laughing that time i jst said its ok thank you very much lol x but whole point is when HO send a letter if its the same ref number then why that lady said its not the ref number start very strange lol x
NAZIA XX

99minus8
Newly Registered

Post by 99minus8 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:14 pm

Nazia88 wrote:no i am not sure i just called them to try to get info but she refused to give me any info she said that ref number will never start like (NFEEXXXXX) that i was laughing that time i jst said its ok thank you very much lol x but whole point is when HO send a letter if its the same ref number then why that lady said its not the ref number start very strange lol x
it is strange. My starts with letters MM) thats why i assumed your letters are ok as it seems like the H/O ref number)
Anyways, good luck, keep us posted x

Cranberry
Newly Registered

Post by Cranberry » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:57 pm

It is not the NFEE number, its the other one that has only one letter and then numbers.

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:00 pm

Cranberry wrote:It is not the NFEE number, its the other one that has only one letter and then numbers.

it means its all to gether a different letter for cermony thanks cranberry you got it so you know the best thank you x
NAZIA XX

99minus8
Newly Registered

Post by 99minus8 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:08 pm

Nazia88 wrote:
Cranberry wrote:It is not the NFEE number, its the other one that has only one letter and then numbers.

it means its all to gether a different letter for cermony thanks cranberry you got it so you know the best thank you x
Just got home and checked, you are right, there is only one letter ( i thought two, sorry mate) in a reference number, but it is still the same ref as in the acknowledgement and other correspondence from the H/O. For me, anyway. Maybe there are different cases or they made a mistake on mine

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:25 pm

well no idea i qoute only what i got with ack letter, i understand if the person staying here for long (like you) for example student first then work permit etc they have to contact to HO all the time so they might have their old ref number but new they might use like mine start with NFEEXXXXXXX dose anyone else got this type of ref number, hope its normal lol
NAZIA XX

99minus8
Newly Registered

Post by 99minus8 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:31 pm

Nazia88 wrote:well no idea i qoute only what i got with ack letter, i understand if the person staying here for long (like you) for example student first then work permit etc they have to contact to HO all the time so they might have their old ref number but new they might use like mine start with NFEEXXXXXXX dose anyone else got this type of ref number, hope its normal lol
I am sure it is normal. Dont worry. You'll get your invitation letter soon. I did not even have two letters, only one invitation , so maybe it is just different for some people like me. I heard majority getting two letters ( approval and invitation) several days apart. Sometimes a week or two x

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:47 pm

ok thats right but did you get invitation from coucil or from HO. Maybe your they did sent you an aproval letter but it misplaced in post.
NAZIA XX

99minus8
Newly Registered

Post by 99minus8 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:13 pm

Nazia88 wrote:ok thats right but did you get invitation from coucil or from HO. Maybe your they did sent you an aproval letter but it misplaced in post.
got it from the HO and no i dont think it was misplaced since it began by saying we are approving your application and in the second para inviting me to contact the council

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:18 pm

99minus8 wrote:
Nazia88 wrote:ok thats right but did you get invitation from coucil or from HO. Maybe your they did sent you an aproval letter but it misplaced in post.
got it from the HO and no i dont think it was misplaced since it began by saying we are approving your application
OK so how did you found that your application has been approved
NAZIA XX

99minus8
Newly Registered

Post by 99minus8 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:21 pm

Nazia88 wrote:
99minus8 wrote:
got it from the HO and no i dont think it was misplaced since it began by saying we are approving your application
OK so how did you found that your application has been approved
it was in the first para of the letter : i am pleased to approve your application etc, then the council details in the second para. hence it seems they combined it

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:38 pm

actualy you did received an approval letter but combine with cermony letter so dont blam on HO for not receiving an approvl letter lol :lol: :lol: ok i will inform you as soon as i hear anything but lets hope for the best and finger crossed.
NAZIA XX

99minus8
Newly Registered

Post by 99minus8 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:46 pm

Nazia88 wrote:actualy you did received an approval letter but combine with cermony letter so dont blam on HO for not receiving an approvl letter lol :lol: :lol: ok i will inform you as soon as i hear anything but lets hope for the best and finger crossed.
)) that's what i said ;) they combined it :)

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:50 pm

99minus8 wrote:
Nazia88 wrote:actualy you did received an approval letter but combine with cermony letter so dont blam on HO for not receiving an approvl letter lol :lol: :lol: ok i will inform you as soon as i hear anything but lets hope for the best and finger crossed.
)) that's what i said ;) they combined it :)
and yes i confirmed it lol :wink: :lol:
NAZIA XX

rightmove

Post by rightmove » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:12 am

things seem to have slowed down considerably...

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:18 am

rightmove wrote:things seem to have slowed down considerably...
Yes no approval this week, almost halfway throguh the week