Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba88, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, sbrennan

Kilehestmike
Newly Registered
Great Britain

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by Kilehestmike » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:24 pm

silverchloride wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:49 am
Kilehestmike wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:21 pm
Hi,
I've applied in September last and it's almost been 9 months now.
Since the initial 6 months were up, I've emailed them three times - each time a month apart. The first time (just after 6 months) they said my application has not been completed yet. Then the second email (last month) they said the application is currently under consideration and inquiries are still ongoing etc. Then today, the third email requesting an update they said the application is now with a case worker. My question is are all these responses the same? Or has my application professed somewhat? Thank you in advance. Kind regards. Mike
I applied in September too and still waiting... Every time I've emailed them, I receive a letter in post stating 'checks are ongoing'. Did they reply to your email or write a letter? And interesting to hear that their response was different each time. Mine's always been the same generic response about checks and that they have to wait for national and international organisations to check.

If it's with a case worker, that means you should get a decision very soon :) So keep your fingers crossed and all the best for a positive outcome!
Thank you.
Each time has been via email that I picked up from this site.
So I’m assuming they first do the checks and pass the application to a case worker?
Hope you get your response soon too. It’s been an anxious few months but I guess you get over it after a while.
Kind regards
Mike

Kilehestmike
Newly Registered
Great Britain

Post by Kilehestmike » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:33 pm

nidaulhaque wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:38 am
Seems like bad news for you talking that long means they were not happy with something
Had any issue in past?
How long you here and what basics etc
Provide more info so others can help aswell
Hi, I’ve had some minor issues in the past such as a driving conviction etc. I applied on the basis of long residence (been here since I was very young). In terms of how long it has taken so far, I have come to understand that even the most straight forward application could take over the service standard depending on what checks they do and how long the other party takes to respond etc. So I don’t consider anything good or bad news. After all it’s a previlege not a right as I wasn’t born here. Also, looking at it from a balanced perspective, I have to understand that they have to make sure that everything is in order before granting citizenship.
Kind regards
Mike

nidaulhaque
Pakistan

Post by nidaulhaque » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:27 pm

Driving conviction was it from court? Do you know if it's from court and under 3 years old they normally refuse the application

Just one driving conviction?
If it's over 3 years maybe they doing more checks on you if all in order hopefully you will get good news soon

Kurabor
Great Britain

Post by Kurabor » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:10 am

I have been waiting since 27th of April 2017 but still haven't received my decision yet. They keep saying they doing good character checks. I have never been to court and never had any problem since i am in the uk for almost 12 years.

ncksol
Newly Registered

Post by ncksol » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:50 am

Judging by the processing timeline threads it usually take no more than a week from passport fees deducted to the approval letter arriving. I had mine deducted on 29th of May and still no sign of the approval letter. Should I be worried?

TheRock9
Mood:
Great Britain

Post by TheRock9 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:07 am

ncksol wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:50 am
Judging by the processing timeline threads it usually take no more than a week from passport fees deducted to the approval letter arriving. I had mine deducted on 29th of May and still no sign of the approval letter. Should I be worried?
Hi,

I am in a same boat, but there are many cases in timeline thread where it took 25 days or more for the approval letter to arrive.

Every case is different and so is every caseworker. There are people who received approval letter after 10 days some after 15 some after one month etc

Thanks

ncksol
Newly Registered

Post by ncksol » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:34 pm

TheRock9 wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:07 am
ncksol wrote:
Hi,

I am in a same boat, but there are many cases in timeline thread where it took 25 days or more for the approval letter to arrive.

Every case is different and so is every caseworker. There are people who received approval letter after 10 days some after 15 some after one month etc

Thanks
I see. Thanks! I was so happy to see that transaction in my bank account two weeks ago. Only to now to have to sit and wait... =\

TheRock9
Mood:
Great Britain

Post by TheRock9 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:50 pm

ncksol wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:34 pm
TheRock9 wrote:
ncksol wrote:
Hi,

Thanks
I see. Thanks! I was so happy to see that transaction in my bank account two weeks ago. Only to now to have to sit and wait... =\
Same here. I was excited. Its a waiting game now. I hope approval letter turn up soon.

Thanks

nidaulhaque
Pakistan

Post by nidaulhaque » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:10 pm

TheRock9 wrote:
ncksol wrote:
Hi,

Thanks
Cases are almost same it's caseworker who are lazy

TheRock9
Mood:
Great Britain

Post by TheRock9 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:29 pm

nidaulhaque wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:10 pm
TheRock9 wrote:
ncksol wrote:
Hi,

Thanks
Cases are almost same it's caseworker who are lazy
hahaha. might be

muraenidae

Post by muraenidae » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:42 pm

TheRock9 wrote:
ncksol wrote:
Hi,

Thanks
It's been 27 days since my husband's passport fee has been deducted. No sign of a letter. I suspect the two are not related, they just take the fee when they start looking at your application.

TheRock9
Mood:
Great Britain

Post by TheRock9 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:55 pm

muraenidae wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:42 pm
TheRock9 wrote:
ncksol wrote:
Hi,

Thanks
It's been 27 days since my husband's passport fee has been deducted. No sign of a letter. I suspect the two are not related, they just take the fee when they start looking at your application.
Oh no. This is not good. But i have noticed that once the passport fee is deducted i havent seen any rejections. So looks like passport fee deduction is positive sign.

I hope mine turn up soon.

Thanks

tkshafati
Newly Registered
Mood:
Great Britain

Post by tkshafati » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:19 am

virk1 wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 6:45 pm
hi every one,

i have applied for citizenship on 16th of April. Home office took my fee 14th of may and i have received acknowledgement email confirming my application on 15th of may. it has been almost two weeks i have not received biometric letter. i have been reading timelines. most people received biometric letter 2/3 days after payment. has anyone else facing this issue?
Hello brother
I see you submitted your application by post as paper form , I am same as you , and you got a acknowledgement letter ? I was wondering if the acknowledgement letter you got that list all documents you sent in details with the application, like how many passport how many p60 and BRP and life in the uk and language certificate ..etc.. ? Cause mine they mentioned passports some documents but never mentioned that they got my BRP and lifituk n language cert.. !

muraenidae

Post by muraenidae » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:17 am

TheRock9 wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:55 pm
Oh no. This is not good. But i have noticed that once the passport fee is deducted i havent seen any rejections. So looks like passport fee deduction is positive sign.
But we don't see many rejections in the first place. Most people either get accepted, or never post again (so we don't know how their applications turned out). Very few people post about getting rejected. Also, joint passport applications haven't been around for that long. So it's perfectly plausible we haven't seen any cases of this on the forum yet, even if passport fee means nothing.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:22 am

muraenidae wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:17 am
TheRock9 wrote:
But we don't see many rejections in the first place. Most people either get accepted, or never post again (so we don't know how their applications turned out). Very few people post about getting rejected. Also, joint passport applications haven't been around for that long. So it's perfectly plausible we haven't seen any cases of this on the forum yet, even if passport fee means nothing.
Joint applications have been around for more than a year.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

muraenidae

Post by muraenidae » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:27 am

CR001 wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:22 am
muraenidae wrote:
TheRock9 wrote:
Yes. Not very long. If they had been around for 5, 6 years we would have seen cases of people being rejected after the fee has been deducted, if that happens. After 1 year, not so sure - as there are few rejections in the first place (most applications are successful), few people post about getting rejected (and if they do, they rarely give complete information), and unsuccessful applications often take quite long.

PS: Only quite recently have the timeline posts even started including "date of passport fee deducted". That's only a thing of the last couple of months, probably started along with the new online application.

TheRock9
Mood:
Great Britain

Post by TheRock9 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:53 am

muraenidae wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:27 am
CR001 wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:22 am
muraenidae wrote:
TheRock9 wrote:
Yes. Not very long. If they had been around for 5, 6 years we would have seen cases of people being rejected after the fee has been deducted, if that happens. After 1 year, not so sure - as there are few rejections in the first place (most applications are successful), few people post about getting rejected (and if they do, they rarely give complete information), and unsuccessful applications often take quite long.

PS: Only quite recently have the timeline posts even started including "date of passport fee deducted". That's only a thing of the last couple of months, probably started along with the new online application.
Hi

True. but i haven't seen any such cases in last 4-5 months, so this is a positive sign.

Thanks

tkshafati
Newly Registered
Mood:
Great Britain

Post by tkshafati » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:32 am

Hi guys
Anyone got an acknowledgement letter that list all documents sent with application! And how the HO refer to PR and life in the uk and language certificate please ! I have sent my BPR and other documents but when I got the acknowledge receipt only mentioned passport s and P60 no BRP no lfiuk no language certificate !!! Was wondering if everybody same ? Please share some information,
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:34 am

tkshafati wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:32 am
Hi guys
Anyone got an acknowledgement letter that list all documents sent with application! And how the HO refer to PR and life in the uk and language certificate please ! I have sent my BPR and other documents but when I got the acknowledge receipt only mentioned passport s and P60 no BRP no lfiuk no language certificate !!! Was wondering if everybody same ? Please share some information,
Thanks
They don't list every single document. The standard documents are usually listed as 'supporting documents'.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mrgs1

Post by mrgs1 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:15 pm

muraenidae wrote:
TheRock9 wrote:
You can't get an accurate picture of refusals or successes on here, the amount of people posting is a drop in the ocean compared to the thousands of applications per month, a more accurate result is published by Home office.