ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

khurram_shazad
Newly Registered
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:17 pm
Pakistan

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by khurram_shazad » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:43 pm

hi Finally after one month of posting the application the fee has been taken out from my account by nationality directorate, however on royal mail tracking system it still shows the same status " the parcel is at warrington mail centre" i have already contacted royal mail few days ago regarding post not delivered to the address and they are investigating and yesterday the money was taken out from my account. i still have not received any acknowledgement from HO. any one had similar experience????


AnotherUUID wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:31 pm
khurram_shazad wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:42 pm
Hi,
Thanks for your reply, I have already raised the matter with royal mail to trace where my application is and they are currently investigating. Their initial response was that normally they have a post box that's where all the post goes and then HO collect the post on certain days of the weeks to which I replied surely they empty the post box at least once a week it can't be just once a month. I hope I get some reply back from them
I don't think BC applications go to a PO box, as this is usually indicated in the address itself. Even if they do get redirected to a PO box, Royal Mail would usually leave a card along with the parcel that will require the signature of the person collecting the parcel from the PO box so that you still get the correct signature details on the tracking page after it has been picked up.

Given the sheer volume of applications, even if it were a PO box I suspect they almost certainly collect the mail more than once a week, if not even on a daily basis.

AnotherUUID
Member
Posts: 178
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:23 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by AnotherUUID » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:41 pm

khurram_shazad wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:43 pm
hi Finally after one month of posting the application the fee has been taken out from my account by nationality directorate, however on royal mail tracking system it still shows the same status " the parcel is at warrington mail centre" i have already contacted royal mail few days ago regarding post not delivered to the address and they are investigating and yesterday the money was taken out from my account. i still have not received any acknowledgement from HO. any one had similar experience????
I presume your application is entirely in paper form (not the Online). If that's the case and the money has been debited from your account then HO have indeed received your application, despite what it says on the Royal Mail tracking page.

From previous (non-citizenship) experience with UKVI where the application I sent was in paper form, the acknowledgement would arrive a few days to a week after the money had already been debited. I suspect this is because they first take the payment and, if the transaction is successful, they register the application and issue the confirmation letter which would make sense.

If I were you, assuming the reference showing up for the transaction on your statement doesn't seem suspicious, I would give it a few days to a week for the confirmation letter to arrive.

Onesie2017
Junior Member
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:38 pm
Mood:
Nigeria

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by Onesie2017 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:28 pm

Quick questions before I pass out from anxiety!!

1) Has any February applicants received any news yet? Anyone at all???🤔

2) Since we can no longer track applications online, I keep checking my “proof of right to work status” to see if the biometric picture showing for ilr application on there will change to the new one used for naturalisation. Well i haven’t received any decision yet and the picture has not changed lol so I wanted to ask this, Has anyone who has received a decision noticed a change in the picture on their right to work status or am I just loosing my mind????

Bighto678
BANNED
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:39 pm
Greece

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by Bighto678 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:42 pm

Onesie2017 wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:28 pm
Quick questions before I pass out from anxiety!!

1) Has any February applicants received any news yet? Anyone at all???🤔

2) Since we can no longer track applications online, I keep checking my “proof of right to work status” to see if the biometric picture showing for ilr application on there will change to the new one used for naturalisation. Well i haven’t received any decision yet and the picture has not changed lol so I wanted to ask this, Has anyone who has received a decision noticed a change in the picture on their right to work status or am I just loosing my mind????
bimetric pic got nothing to do with bc application

Akes44
Newly Registered
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:51 am

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by Akes44 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:57 am

Hello,

I have my naturalization application in progress, and from what I've read on the timeline forum on here, I should have received my letter of approval or should be receiving it shortly. My issue is that we have having postal delivery problems at my residence, and I have not been receiving post regularly.

Does anyone have a template of a letter I can send yo my local MP asking for their help?

Thanks

JoseT45
Newly Registered
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:55 pm

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by JoseT45 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:18 am

Hello

I have a question regarding possible requests for further evidence from the home office.
Once application my is submited and all the documents I deem necessary are sent (I plan to do this shortly via the new online + UKVCAS centers system), should I be worried about leaving the country for too long in case I get a request to send some extra documents from someone the home office? I read that they can ask for you to get back to them quite quickly but how long is that? is going away for 1, or 2 weeks definitly safe? I would assume so but read that some applications are refused because of a delay in replying to such a request so I thought I 'd double check before booking a long holiday .

johnhkg
Member
Posts: 182
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:40 am
Hong Kong

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by johnhkg » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:33 am

JoseT45 wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:18 am
Hello

I have a question regarding possible requests for further evidence from the home office.
Once application my is submited and all the documents I deem necessary are sent (I plan to do this shortly via the new online + UKVCAS centers system), should I be worried about leaving the country for too long in case I get a request to send some extra documents from someone the home office? I read that they can ask for you to get back to them quite quickly but how long is that? is going away for 1, or 2 weeks definitly safe? I would assume so but read that some applications are refused because of a delay in replying to such a request so I thought I 'd double check before booking a long holiday .
Yes, you should be worried

jjvargas
Newly Registered
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:37 pm

Non-EEA Apply without sending passport and BRP card

Post by jjvargas » Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:54 pm

I am a non-EEA with PR living in London, I will apply for naturalisation very soon but I would like to keep my passport as I am planning a 3 week holiday after I sent my application.

Is there any way I can keep my passport and my PR Biometric card and not send it with my application?

Thanks!

User avatar
alterhase58
Respected Guru
Posts: 4054
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:02 pm
Location: UK Bucks
Germany

Re: Non-EEA Apply without sending passport and BRP card

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:28 pm

jjvargas wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:54 pm
I am a non-EEA with PR living in London, I will apply for naturalisation very soon but I would like to keep my passport as I am planning a 3 week holiday after I sent my application.

Is there any way I can keep my passport and my PR Biometric card and not send it with my application?

Thanks!
Use online and UKVCAS appointment and you will keep all originals including travel documents.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... en-form-an
https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/home-internal
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice - they will be ignored

khurram_shazad
Newly Registered
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:17 pm
Pakistan

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by khurram_shazad » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:54 pm

it seems the application moving now, since my last update on Friday, i received an acknowledgement letter along with biometric finger print request on Saturday the 2nd. do you know under normal circumstances how long does it take after the biometric?

Regards,

Khurram

AnotherUUID wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:41 pm
khurram_shazad wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:43 pm
hi Finally after one month of posting the application the fee has been taken out from my account by nationality directorate, however on royal mail tracking system it still shows the same status " the parcel is at warrington mail centre" i have already contacted royal mail few days ago regarding post not delivered to the address and they are investigating and yesterday the money was taken out from my account. i still have not received any acknowledgement from HO. any one had similar experience????
I presume your application is entirely in paper form (not the Online). If that's the case and the money has been debited from your account then HO have indeed received your application, despite what it says on the Royal Mail tracking page.

From previous (non-citizenship) experience with UKVI where the application I sent was in paper form, the acknowledgement would arrive a few days to a week after the money had already been debited. I suspect this is because they first take the payment and, if the transaction is successful, they register the application and issue the confirmation letter which would make sense.

If I were you, assuming the reference showing up for the transaction on your statement doesn't seem suspicious, I would give it a few days to a week for the confirmation letter to arrive.

JoseT45
Newly Registered
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:55 pm

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by JoseT45 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:56 pm

johnhkg wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:33 am
JoseT45 wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:18 am
Hello

I have a question regarding possible requests for further evidence from the home office.
Once application my is submited and all the documents I deem necessary are sent (I plan to do this shortly via the new online + UKVCAS centers system), should I be worried about leaving the country for too long in case I get a request to send some extra documents from someone the home office? I read that they can ask for you to get back to them quite quickly but how long is that? is going away for 1, or 2 weeks definitly safe? I would assume so but read that some applications are refused because of a delay in replying to such a request so I thought I 'd double check before booking a long holiday .
Yes, you should be worried
Ok in the sense that 2 weeks could be too long? Or is it more that longer could be a problem? Do they usually contact you via post with a specific deadline to reply back? if yes what kind of time frame do they give you usually to get back to them? if anyone has experienced this I'd be happy to hear more.

jjvargas
Newly Registered
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:37 pm

Is it worth paying £200 for Premium Lounge?

Post by jjvargas » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:54 pm

I am wondering if it has any real benefit to pay the £200 for the Premium Lounge for the naturalisation process?

Does it make a big difference in attention and security of your application compared to the other centres?

What option would be the best price/benefit in your opinion?

AnotherUUID
Member
Posts: 178
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:23 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by AnotherUUID » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:31 pm

khurram_shazad wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:54 pm
it seems the application moving now, since my last update on Friday, i received an acknowledgement letter along with biometric finger print request on Saturday the 2nd. do you know under normal circumstances how long does it take after the biometric?

Regards,

Khurram
It's impossible to say for sure as each application takes "as long as it needs". However, if you take a look at the timeline threads for the last two-three months you will likely see that the current processing times roughly average out at about 6-8 weeks, with a few cases taking considerably less (3-4 weeks) and a few cases taking considerably longer (10+ weeks).

With respect to the biometrics, the enrolment at an authorised Post Office is entirely electronic so you will get a confirmation from the PO official on the spot and your photo and fingerprints should become available to UKVI pretty much immediately thereafter (or so I was told when I did mine). I would suggest that you enrol your biometrics as soon as possible to avoid delays, but also bear in mind that your applications is not necessarily put on hold as UKVI are likely to be working on relevant background checks in the meantime while you enrol your biometrics.

johnhkg
Member
Posts: 182
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:40 am
Hong Kong

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by johnhkg » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:25 am

JoseT45 wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:56 pm
johnhkg wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:33 am
JoseT45 wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:18 am
Hello

I have a question regarding possible requests for further evidence from the home office.
Once application my is submited and all the documents I deem necessary are sent (I plan to do this shortly via the new online + UKVCAS centers system), should I be worried about leaving the country for too long in case I get a request to send some extra documents from someone the home office? I read that they can ask for you to get back to them quite quickly but how long is that? is going away for 1, or 2 weeks definitly safe? I would assume so but read that some applications are refused because of a delay in replying to such a request so I thought I 'd double check before booking a long holiday .
Yes, you should be worried
Ok in the sense that 2 weeks could be too long? Or is it more that longer could be a problem? Do they usually contact you via post with a specific deadline to reply back? if yes what kind of time frame do they give you usually to get back to them? if anyone has experienced this I'd be happy to hear more.
The AN guide says this:-

If we need more documents, we will write and ask you for them. We will give you 2 weeks to respond. If you do not respond within the time we allow you, then we will decide your application on the information we already have, but there is a risk that your application will not succeed.


How and when they contact you is unknown. If you wish to jeopardise your application, that is entirely your choice.

khurram_shazad
Newly Registered
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:17 pm
Pakistan

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by khurram_shazad » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:05 pm

Biometric done today. thank you very much for you guidance, really appreciate


AnotherUUID wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:31 pm
khurram_shazad wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:54 pm
it seems the application moving now, since my last update on Friday, i received an acknowledgement letter along with biometric finger print request on Saturday the 2nd. do you know under normal circumstances how long does it take after the biometric?

Regards,

Khurram
It's impossible to say for sure as each application takes "as long as it needs". However, if you take a look at the timeline threads for the last two-three months you will likely see that the current processing times roughly average out at about 6-8 weeks, with a few cases taking considerably less (3-4 weeks) and a few cases taking considerably longer (10+ weeks).

With respect to the biometrics, the enrolment at an authorised Post Office is entirely electronic so you will get a confirmation from the PO official on the spot and your photo and fingerprints should become available to UKVI pretty much immediately thereafter (or so I was told when I did mine). I would suggest that you enrol your biometrics as soon as possible to avoid delays, but also bear in mind that your applications is not necessarily put on hold as UKVI are likely to be working on relevant background checks in the meantime while you enrol your biometrics.

nika299
Newly Registered
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:18 pm
Estonia

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by nika299 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:01 pm

Hi guys, I have two quick questions regarding the supporting docs...

1. I am an EEA national (got my PR more than a year ago) and used my ID card when doing the Life in the UK test. Is it compulsory to send my passport as a supporting doc, or could I just send my ID card? In theory they are exactly the same thing (my european passport has no stamps or anything) and as I used my ID card for Life in the UK test, I definitely need to send this one...
2. At the end of my online application I could print out the biometric enrolment doc - is this the one I need to take to the post office or do I need to wait for one to arrive by post?

Thank you so much for replies....almost there... :)

sfljiaf
Junior Member
Posts: 57
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:47 pm

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by sfljiaf » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:48 pm

nika299 wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:01 pm

2. At the end of my online application I could print out the biometric enrolment doc - is this the one I need to take to the post office or do I need to wait for one to arrive by post?
I believe that's the one you take to the post office.

AnotherUUID
Member
Posts: 178
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:23 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by AnotherUUID » Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:18 pm

nika299 wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:01 pm
1. I am an EEA national (got my PR more than a year ago) and used my ID card when doing the Life in the UK test. Is it compulsory to send my passport as a supporting doc, or could I just send my ID card? In theory they are exactly the same thing (my european passport has no stamps or anything) and as I used my ID card for Life in the UK test, I definitely need to send this one...
According to Guide AN, you are expected to use the same ID document you used for the Life in the UK test, so in your case this would be your national ID card. I see no reason why it would not be accepted as it is listed as an option under the "Evidence of Identity" section.

What does your document checklist PDF file say? I personally do not remember the online form explicitly asking what identity document was used for the LITUK test, so chances are it will generate a generic template asking you to provide your passport. As EU passports don't get stamped, in theory, they don't provide any additional information to your ID card. So I doubt it would be necessary to send your passport.

If the Home Office ask you for your passport separately while they process your application, you may have to send it then. Alternatively, you can send your passport in addition to your ID card and avoid the potential hassle altogether.
nika299 wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:01 pm
2. At the end of my online application I could print out the biometric enrolment doc - is this the one I need to take to the post office or do I need to wait for one to arrive by post?
Yes, that's definitely the one. You can use it straight away - you will not be receiving a different one by post.

The last page of the PDF file should have a brief one or two-line summary of your application and a massive barcode in the top-right and bottom-left corners. Make sure you don't forget this page as it's the most critical one - the PO representative will need to scan the barcode on this page to enrol your biometrics. You can take the other pages with you too, though in my case they didn't even look at them.

nika299
Newly Registered
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:18 pm
Estonia

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by nika299 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:05 pm

Thank you so much for your replies...I did think myself the same but just wanted to double check...:)

[/quote]
What does your document checklist PDF file say?
[/quote]

My document check list does list the passport and evidence of identity as separate entities (that's why it was confusing for me), but then again, at the top of the list it says: "Provide as many documents from the list below as you can." So it does not say explicitly, that I have to send my passport...

I think I will go for the option of just sending my ID card, and then of course if they ask for the passport, I could send it straight away....

Although my ID card will expire at the beginning of May - do you think it matters?

Foyz123
Newly Registered
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:29 am
Bangladesh

Haven’t received the biometric enrolment letter

Post by Foyz123 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:07 am

Hi, I was wondering if I could get some advice here please?

I have made a postal application for naturalisation on the 18th of Jan 2019 which was received by HO on the 21st of Jan 2019. My account was debited and received an acknowledgment from HO via email on the 14th Feb. Till now I have not received an invitation for biometric enrolment. Its been 3 weeks since the acknowledgement but I see most people who made paper application receive the biometric letter within 2-3 days of acknowledgement from HO.

I wrote to HO on the 1st of March but haven’t received a reply yet. Should I be worried or should I write a letter to them explaining the situation?

From here I can see most people make online application which makes me wonder whether HO prioritise online applications over postal.

Also, the other thing I wanted to ask is whether as part of good corrector requirements, do they look at the immigration history for the last 5-6 years or they look at the last 10 years? I had a situation where I had overstated for a bit in the last 10 years but was a child at the time. However, the qualifying period is clean. Will it affect my application?

Will be grateful over a response and thanks in advance!

jzanetti
Newly Registered
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:43 pm
Italy

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by jzanetti » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:24 pm

Hi Everyone

Just a quick question about the notification letter about the British Citizenship,once the Office has made a decision: how are we notified ? Is it a standard letter or a signed for / recorded delivery?

Just wondering what happens If i am on holiday the week the letter is received. Looking at the timelines it seems that the ceremony is normally booked for 7 days after the letter is received

Thank you

johnhkg
Member
Posts: 182
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:40 am
Hong Kong

Re: Haven’t received the biometric enrolment letter

Post by johnhkg » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:11 pm

Foyz123 wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:07 am
Hi, I was wondering if I could get some advice here please?


Also, the other thing I wanted to ask is whether as part of good corrector requirements, do they look at the immigration history for the last 5-6 years or they look at the last 10 years? I had a situation where I had overstated for a bit in the last 10 years but was a child at the time. However, the qualifying period is clean. Will it affect my application?

Will be grateful over a response and thanks in advance!
The good character guidance (page 45) says :-

"When assessing failure to comply with immigration requirements, it will normally be appropriate to disregard failure relating to a child when assessing their good character, if it is accepted this was outside of their control. For example, where a parent applied for the child to come to the UK as their dependant but failed to apply
for an extension of leave when the child’s temporary leave expired, the child should not be penalised."


The legal definition of a child is:-

In England, Northern Ireland and Wales, a child is someone who has not yet reached their 18th birthday. Once they turn 18, they are legally an adult.

AnotherUUID
Member
Posts: 178
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:23 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by AnotherUUID » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:09 pm

jzanetti wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:24 pm
Hi Everyone

Just a quick question about the notification letter about the British Citizenship,once the Office has made a decision: how are we notified ? Is it a standard letter or a signed for / recorded delivery?

Just wondering what happens If i am on holiday the week the letter is received. Looking at the timelines it seems that the ceremony is normally booked for 7 days after the letter is received

Thank you
It will be standard second class Royal Mail, without signed for / recorded delivery. The size varies as it may come separately from your supporting documents or all in one. In the latter case, it will usually be an envelope sized slightly bigger than A4 to accommodate your paperwork, either brown paper or one of those white "plastic bag" types that you see in post offices.

Your ceremony invitation can also come as a separate letter or as part of the approval letter (combined). You will usually be given 3 weeks (21 days) from the date on the ceremony invitation or combined letter to book your ceremony at a suitable date and you must attend a ceremony within 90 days from the date on the invitation letter. Otherwise your application will be refused and you will have to apply again. Note that your ceremony letter, if arriving separately, may have the same date as the approval letter despite arriving later. Depending on where you live, it is generally highly unlikely that the ceremony will be pre-booked for you, and you will have to get in touch with the local council yourself to arrange it citing the reference number on the invitation letter.

It's not critical if you're not present at the time your letters and supporting documents arrive, but you should plan your holidays accordingly.

AnotherUUID
Member
Posts: 178
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:23 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by AnotherUUID » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:32 pm

nika299 wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:05 pm
My document check list does list the passport and evidence of identity as separate entities (that's why it was confusing for me), but then again, at the top of the list it says: "Provide as many documents from the list below as you can." So it does not say explicitly, that I have to send my passport...
Mine was the same, it's likely to be a fairly generic list. There can also be an overlap for some documents. For example, a single passport could be used to tick off all three requirements - passport, evidence of identity, and proof of nationality - so no need to provide a separate one for each.
nika299 wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:05 pm
I think I will go for the option of just sending my ID card, and then of course if they ask for the passport, I could send it straight away....
Just in case, if I were you I would put this in wording in a covering letter. I.e. mention that you have kept your passport because you used your ID card for the LITUK test but can send the passport if requested. This way they'll know that you have it and are not intentionally withholding it.
nika299 wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:05 pm
Although my ID card will expire at the beginning of May - do you think it matters?
I'm personally not aware of a rule (except common sense and logic) that explicitly requires your ID document to be within the validity period, and this is not mentioned in either Guide AN, Booklet AN, or the nationality guidance documents. But don't take my word for it. If I were you I would mention this in a covering letter, offering to provide your passport if requested.

May I ask why you are reluctant to send your passport as well? If you're concerned you will be left without an ID for a certain period of time, I think the best course of action if I were you would be to explain this in wording in the covering letter and also supply a colour copy of the passport's front two pages (where your personal details and passport details are) for their reference.

Many countries offer inter-governmental services (and sometimes even open to the original document holder) to verify the validity of a government issued document online. It could make it easier for them to process the application if they need your passport details. This way they will have all the relevant details and will only ask you to send the original passport if they should feel they need to see and verify it.

Foyz123
Newly Registered
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:29 am
Bangladesh

Biometric invitation letter not received after 3 weeks of acknowledgement

Post by Foyz123 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:19 pm

Hi guys,

can someone please help as i am getting a little impatient here and feel helpless as there’s nothing i can do about it.

I have made a postal application for naturalisation on the 18th of Jan 2019 which was received by HO on the 21st of Jan 2019. My account was debited and received an acknowledgment from HO via email on the 14th Feb. Till now I have not received an invitation for biometric enrolment. Its been 3 weeks since the acknowledgement but I see most people who made paper application receive the biometric letter within 2-3 days of acknowledgement from HO.

I wrote to HO on the 1st of March but haven’t received a reply yet. Should I be worried or should I write a letter to them explaining the situation?

From this forum I can see most people make online application which makes me wonder whether HO prioritise online applications over postal?

many thanks

Locked
cron