ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

madhuraj
Newly Registered

Date of application and being present 5 years ago

Post by madhuraj » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:17 pm

Hello all,

I am planning to make an application for Naturalisation through NCS on 3rd April, that is in two days.

I assume after checking the documents, NCS will send my application and it will be received by UKBA on 4th April 2014.

Now, the problem is that exactly five years before i.e. on 4th April 2009, I left the UK for a three day trip to France and came back on the 6th April 2009.

While calculating the total number of days of absence, the Guidance suggests that we should exclude the day of departure and the day of arrival, which basically UKBA deems that you are present in the UK on the day of departure so in my case, I should be safe.

My application will be received by UKBA on 4th April 2014 and exactly 5 years before that day, I was present in the UK but left on the day to go to France.

Will it be ok or rather than taking chances I should just postpone sending my application.

I cannot cancel or reschedule my NCS appointment now so I am not sure what to do.

Please can someone help.

Many thanks in advance.

milan69
Diamond Member

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Pro

Post by milan69 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:32 pm

Anything can happen and HO may receive your application 2-3 days later which would disqualify you. If have waited many years few days should not make difference...in my opinion.
I am sometimes wrong.

Lcj

Post by Lcj » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:46 pm

Hullo friends, I will be applying for my naturisation in May next month I got a letter today from uk naric saying level of English for the above degree course is considered to meet the requirements of CEFR level 1 and then she put on additional information saying final certificate not presented, the individual sh'd present a copy of the final degree certificate as official confirmation of graduation. Now will that be alright with my naturisation process as concerns homeoffice. Thank you

TTOE

Post by TTOE » Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:30 pm

Lcj wrote:Hullo friends, I will be applying for my naturisation in May next month I got a letter today from uk naric saying level of English for the above degree course is considered to meet the requirements of CEFR level 1 and then she put on additional information saying final certificate not presented, the individual sh'd present a copy of the final degree certificate as official confirmation of graduation. Now will that be alright with my naturisation process as concerns homeoffice. Thank you
What documents did you sent to NARIC to get the NARIC assessment done? My assumption is that those set of docs should suffice for your application.

Transcripts, letter from the degree awarding institution etc plus the NARIC assessment you mentioned should suffice but you might have to explain why you don't have your final certificate.

Lcj

Post by Lcj » Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:38 pm

[quote="TTOE"][quote="Lcj"]Hullo friends, I will be applying for my naturisation in May next month I got a letter today from uk naric saying level of English for the above degree course is considered to meet the requirements of CEFR level 1 and then she put on additional information saying final certificate not presented, the individual sh'd present a copy of the final degree certificate as official confirmation of graduation. Now will that be alright with my naturisation process as concerns homeoffice. Thank you[/quote]

What documents did you sent to NARIC to get the NARIC assessment done? My assumption is that those set of docs should suffice for your application.

Transcripts, letter from the degree awarding institution etc plus the NARIC assessment you mentioned should suffice but you might have to explain why you don't have your final certificate.[/quote]
What happened was I graduated but didn't wait for my final certificate as I had to come over to uk but my sister went to that university for my transcript and testimony and sent them to me here in the uk. So that's what I sent to uk naric, now uk naric has said it meets CEFR 1 but that additional inf is the one worrying me

TTOE

Post by TTOE » Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:45 pm

Lcj wrote:
TTOE wrote:
Lcj wrote:Hullo friends, I will be applying for my naturisation in May next month I got a letter today from uk naric saying level of English for the above degree course is considered to meet the requirements of CEFR level 1 and then she put on additional information saying final certificate not presented, the individual sh'd present a copy of the final degree certificate as official confirmation of graduation. Now will that be alright with my naturisation process as concerns homeoffice. Thank you

Transcripts, letter from the degree awarding institution etc plus the NARIC assessment you mentioned should suffice but you might have to explain why you don't have your final certificate.
What happened was I graduated but didn't wait for my final certificate as I had to come over to uk but my sister went to that university for my transcript and testimony and sent them to me here in the uk. So that's what I sent to uk naric, now uk naric has said it meets CEFR 1 but that additional inf is the one worrying me
I kind of have a feeling the Transcript, Degree Testimony and the NARIC doc should do the trick with the reason you detailed above. Make sure the contact details of your Uni shows on these docs. If you are using NCS, you might get push back from them, so go there with the aim of convincing them to accept the docs for English language requirements. I don't see any issue at all.

Lcj

Post by Lcj » Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:52 pm

[quote="TTOE"][quote="Lcj"][quote="TTOE"][quote="Lcj"]Hullo friends, I will be applying for my naturisation in May next month I got a letter today from uk naric saying level of English for the above degree course is considered to meet the requirements of CEFR level 1 and then she put on additional information saying final certificate not presented, the individual sh'd present a copy of the final degree certificate as official confirmation of graduation. Now will that be alright with my naturisation process as concerns homeoffice. Thank you[/quote]

Transcripts, letter from the degree awarding institution etc plus the NARIC assessment you mentioned should suffice but you might have to explain why you don't have your final certificate.[/quote]

What happened was I graduated but didn't wait for my final certificate as I had to come over to uk but my sister went to that university for my transcript and testimony and sent them to me here in the uk. So that's what I sent to uk naric, now uk naric has said it meets CEFR 1 but that additional inf is the one worrying me[/quote]

I kind of have a feeling the Transcript, Degree Testimony and the NARIC doc should do the trick with the reason you detailed above. Make sure the contact details of your Uni shows on these docs. If you are using NCS, you might get push back from them, so go there with the aim of convincing them to accept the docs for English language requirements. I don't see any issue at all.[/quote]
When l called uk naric they said it would be alright with homeoffice as all they need is the English assessment which they have confirmed on their letter that degree meets the meets the English requirement but that additional inf is my problem if you get a case worker who will make it an issue

Lcj

Post by Lcj » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:30 pm

I am one of the people that waited 9 months for their indefinite leave to be approved , can some one please help me with a template to use to write to home office about that paragraph 7.5 and the 15months rule, I have had indefinite leave for 10 months now.

tara70
Newly Registered

Post by tara70 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:40 pm

Hi
I had a appointment with NCS today which I missed because of an accident. later I sent my application by post. I m a bit confused weather i have sent correct fee or not. For two AN joint application along with 2 MN1, I have sent £1550+£1178=£2728. Is it the correct amount...Please advise

TTOE

Post by TTOE » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:03 am

tara70 wrote:Hi
I had a appointment with NCS today which I missed because of an accident. later I sent my application by post. I m a bit confused weather i have sent correct fee or not. For two AN joint application along with 2 MN1, I have sent £1550+£1178=£2728. Is it the correct amount...Please advise
Be at peace tara70, don't worry too much about it. If you need to pay more the HO will be in touch.

dadageer
Mood:

Re: Naturalisation Application (Postal) - Return of ILR BRP

Post by dadageer » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:17 pm

TTOE wrote:
liuzhbob wrote:I am wondering if anyone would kindly help.

If I send off my original ILR BRP along with my naturalisation application by post, does it get returned to me after my application is approved? Or would the caseworker keep it, as they would normally do to other types of visa application, on the assumption that ILR is replaced by Citizenship hence cease to be valid?

Many thanks!!
Your BRP gets sent back to you along with all other supporting documents expect Life in the UK test certificate, the HO will not send back your LITUK test certificate.
#

If you send it through NCS, they photocopy everything for you and return originals so you can always keep your original LIUK test report. I wonder why people don't use NCS!
Not all those who wander are lost...

rukia888

Post by rukia888 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:16 am

Hi guys I recieved an email from HO Today sayin

Perusal of our records show that a caseworker will contact you shortly regarding the outcome of your application.

Regards

Does it mean they have made decision on my application? Hopefully its not bad new because it sounds like a bad new to me. Has anyone received an email like tjis before? 
Thank you and good luck to myself and everyone else who's still waiting 

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:19 am

When did you apply rukia?
I am sometimes wrong.

rukia888

Post by rukia888 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:39 am

milan69 wrote:When did you apply rukia?
Hi milan69. I applied on the 10th feb. Thank you

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:41 am

I wouldn't worry much if I was in your place as it probably means that a decision has been made and a letter is on the way. The worst case scenario is that HO may require additional documents from you.
I am sometimes wrong.

rukia888

Post by rukia888 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:48 am

Thank you. Make me feel much better hearing that. Probably just me reading too into the email. Hope things all well from your side :)

azaam
Newly Registered

Post by azaam » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:31 am

Dear all

I got ILR on ten years basis. My wife got ILR after one month.
So can we make joint application for naturalization provided that my 12 months are completed but my wife still has one month left for 12 months completion OR she needs to complete her own 12 months period before applying for naturalization ???

Thanks

imran0000
Newly Registered

Post by imran0000 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:25 am

hi guys
i wnat to apply for british naturalisation as british spouse but i been away about 375 day in whole 3 years
on small smaal vist for work mainly but few times with my family as well
will i get discreation or shall i wait for longer

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:30 pm

It is up to you.
Anything over 270 days in the last 3 years and you have to apply for discretion.
How long have you been absent in the final year?
I am sometimes wrong.

skyturk
Newly Registered

Post by skyturk » Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:37 pm

HO asked me on 1st of April travel document just to confirm, that I've not been abroad. I've sent them but does anybody knows how long it will take them to give approval? In the letter, they said everything is fine, except that.

charumlk83
Newly Registered

Post by charumlk83 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:56 pm

Hello All,

Guys i need some help regarding my naturalization application. I was just going through the pre application checks and came to know that i need to provide some English test certificate.

I have completed my education in India and have got a letter from institution that the medium of instruction during my course was English.

My question is that this certificate is more then enough or i need to appear for any english test here in UK as well ?

Regards
Charu :oops:

Soebmk

Post by Soebmk » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:19 pm

charumlk83 wrote:Hello All,

Guys i need some help regarding my naturalization application. I was just going through the pre application checks and came to know that i need to provide some English test certificate.

I have completed my education in India and have got a letter from institution that the medium of instruction during my course was English.

My question is that this certificate is more then enough or i need to appear for any english test here in UK as well ?

Regards
Charu :oops:
Just go for b1 English test it's very easy test It will cost you £125.00.

charumlk83
Newly Registered

Post by charumlk83 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:08 pm

Hello Soebmk,

Thanks for your input. Could you please help me and let me know from where i can enrol for that test and whats the procedure ?

I live in reading.

Regards
charu

charumlk83
Newly Registered

Post by charumlk83 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:09 pm

Hello Soebmk,

Thanks for your input. Could you please help me and let me know from where i can enrol for that test and whats the procedure ?

I live in reading.

Regards
charu

maximux79

Post by maximux79 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:17 am

Before taking B1 test , pls check if your degree is recognised in PBS calculator and also see if it allocates 10 points for english language requirement. If yes, they take a print-out and submit it along with your original degree certificate (should be in English). This would suffice and save money too.

Thanks
charumlk83 wrote:Hello Soebmk,

I live in reading.

Regards
charu