ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

PPTP
Member
Posts: 111
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:15 am
Mood:
Madagascar

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by PPTP » Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:05 am

sanabibi123 wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:57 pm

Hi i rang home office today and the person i spoke to said all the certificate and invitation letter are sitting in the home office due to covid 19.so everything is postpone until further notice. Hope for best soon.
You know I always ask myself what is the difference between corporate and government organisation (not only management structure). In the firm where I work we have a nominated person, who lives closer to the office and asked the person to go to the office and just send the post/letters (because of the nature of the business we have a lot of post), which are urgent - that's because the firm cares about clients and relationships. HO closed everything, sent everyone working from home, but not cares about other people and its reputation.

sanabibi123
Junior Member
Posts: 64
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:40 am
Pakistan

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by sanabibi123 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:28 am

PPTP wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:05 am
sanabibi123 wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:57 pm

Hi i rang home office today and the person i spoke to said all the certificate and invitation letter are sitting in the home office due to covid 19.so everything is postpone until further notice. Hope for best soon.
You know I always ask myself what is the difference between corporate and government organisation (not only management structure). In the firm where I work we have a nominated person, who lives closer to the office and asked the person to go to the office and just send the post/letters (because of the nature of the business we have a lot of post), which are urgent - that's because the firm cares about clients and relationships. HO closed everything, sent everyone working from home, but not cares about other people and its reputation.
Hi im 100% agree with you they dont care what so ever not even that when things do go back to normal they will excuse for back log and it wouldn't be straight forward process just to attend the ceremony to get certificate.

PPTP
Member
Posts: 111
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:15 am
Mood:
Madagascar

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by PPTP » Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:48 am

sanabibi123 wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:28 am

Hi im 100% agree with you they dont care what so ever not even that when things do go back to normal they will excuse for back log and it wouldn't be straight forward process just to attend the ceremony to get certificate.
Absolutely, they will find magical things to blame others who interfered their everyday work and created backlogs, but will never accept that it is Home Office disorder, unprofessionalism and poor management control.

dapto10
Junior Member
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu May 19, 2016 12:38 pm

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by dapto10 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:25 pm

PPTP wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:05 am

You know I always ask myself what is the difference between corporate and government organisation (not only management structure). In the firm where I work we have a nominated person, who lives closer to the office and asked the person to go to the office and just send the post/letters (because of the nature of the business we have a lot of post), which are urgent - that's because the firm cares about clients and relationships. HO closed everything, sent everyone working from home, but not cares about other people and its reputation.
I think there's one thing some members are forgetting here. And I am saying it with all my warm feelings and huge respect to you all.

Naturalisation is a privilege and not a right. It takes whatever it takes and as long as it takes. All these guidalines are simply guidelines. An application can take a month, can take a year and the reason is simple - it is not your right to become a British (or any other country's) citizen through naturalisation. It is a privilege therefore you should and must be prepared to wait for as long as it takes... even in normal circumstances.

Many members here seem unaware that only 3-4 years ago it used to take months for a straight forward application as everything had to be sent in the post. More complex applications used to take many months.

Complaining and attacking a government department of a country you would like to become the citizen of would not really help.

Yes, the Home Office has its problems, absolutely! Yes, they are often slow. But this is a unique situation. No one has ever been in such a situation in modern times. Many countries have actually suspended all non-essential government services, and let's be honest, becoming a citizen is not an essential service just now. To become eligible you have to have an ILR or Settled Status which means you are free from immigration controls already - you can work, claim benefits, leave and enter the country, etc. The only right you do not have is vote for Westminster parliament and stand for election, and you can't leave the country for extensive periods of time. But then if you do intend to do that, it's not in line with the Declaration you have made - you intend to make the UK your permanent home.

Dear friends, don't forget - citizenship through naturalisation is a privilege and not a right, therefore you should equip yourself with patience and wait. And the letter WILL eventually arrive.

Ifycamilla
Junior Member
Posts: 89
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:24 pm

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by Ifycamilla » Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:34 pm

Sous49 wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:33 pm
Ifycamilla wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:26 pm
Hellooo my friend Sousa49, just checking on you bro. Any hope yet? I've since settled and moved on to next level....have they answered you?
[/quote

Good for you Ifycamilla. Happy for you and thank you for asking. No news yet..and this Corona virus thing doesn't help..I was expecting somenews from someone who made contact with them but the lockdown was announced..
Anyway hope you are safe with your loved ones
Thanks Sousa49, I'm safe and doing good...it's a shame they've still not gotten back to you. I believe this month will be a good one,

Sous49
Member
Posts: 200
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:41 am
Mood:

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by Sous49 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:08 pm

dapto10 wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:25 pm
PPTP wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:05 am

You know I always ask myself what is the difference between corporate and government organisation (not only management structure). In the firm where I work we have a nominated person, who lives closer to the office and asked the person to go to the office and just send the post/letters (because of the nature of the business we have a lot of post), which are urgent - that's because the firm cares about clients and relationships. HO closed everything, sent everyone working from home, but not cares about other people and its reputation.
I think there's one thing some members are forgetting here. And I am saying it with all my warm feelings and huge respect to you all.

Naturalisation is a privilege and not a right. It takes whatever it takes and as long as it takes. All these guidalines are simply guidelines. An application can take a month, can take a year and the reason is simple - it is not your right to become a British (or any other country's) citizen through naturalisation. It is a privilege therefore you should and must be prepared to wait for as long as it takes... even in normal circumstances.

Many members here seem unaware that only 3-4 years ago it used to take months for a straight forward application as everything had to be sent in the post. More complex applications used to take many months.

Complaining and attacking a government department of a country you would like to become the citizen of would not really help.

Yes, the Home Office has its problems, absolutely! Yes, they are often slow. But this is a unique situation. No one has ever been in such a situation in modern times. Many countries have actually suspended all non-essential government services, and let's be honest, becoming a citizen is not an essential service just now. To become eligible you have to have an ILR or Settled Status which means you are free from immigration controls already - you can work, claim benefits, leave and enter the country, etc. The only right you do not have is vote for Westminster parliament and stand for election, and you can't leave the country for extensive periods of time. But then if you do intend to do that, it's not in line with the Declaration you have made - you intend to make the UK your permanent home.

Dear friends, don't forget - citizenship through naturalisation is a privilege and not a right, therefore you should equip yourself with patience and wait. And the letter WILL eventually arrive.
Hello Dapto and all

Thank you for your brief which I do agree with it at this moment of time.and I do not think that the Home Office people are working from home ..but they might be of a less capacity due to self isolation sickness etc.similar to the NHS even none clinical staff are still working. However and in general although it is a privilege to become a citizen , it is that feeling of unfairness amongst the same group of people that are treated differently ..while some are getting theirs in few weeks , others are waiting months or even years with no clear clarification. If we all are treated similarly then yes..

All the best for everybody ..stay safe

PPTP
Member
Posts: 111
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:15 am
Mood:
Madagascar

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by PPTP » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:27 pm

Sous49 wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:08 pm
dapto10 wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:25 pm
Hello Dapto and all

Thank you for your brief which I do agree with it at this moment of time.and I do not think that the Home Office people are working from home ..but they might be of a less capacity due to self isolation sickness etc.similar to the NHS even none clinical staff are still working. However and in general although it is a privilege to become a citizen , it is that feeling of unfairness amongst the same group of people that are treated differently ..while some are getting theirs in few weeks , others are waiting months or even years with no clear clarification. If we all are treated similarly then yes..

All the best for everybody ..stay safe
I agree in one thing - it is a privilege. The rest I am afraid I am not accepting.

You mentioned that people are free to do what they want. But let me remind you that some class of people (like refugees) they cannot leave the country at all, as according to Immigration Rules these people are not allowed to hold national passport. Yes, they can have the Travel Documents, but not all countries accepting them. And still some refugees have families in their own countries and problems, which must be resolved and closed for the rest of their lives. So without a proper British passport, these people (refugees) cannot do legally anything at all. I am sorry but before advising you should have taken into account different class of people and their legal status in the UK.

Also you say it is a privilege. Do people, who work and support this country and who pay Income Tax, National Insurance Tax, Council Tax, Capital Gain Tax, Inheritance Tax and other type of taxes deducted directly or indirectly from their earnings and assets, deserve this privilege? Do they deserve being humiliated by poor and disrespectful behaviour by the government organisation, who is fully supported from the fiscal policy?! (Rrhetorical questions)

It is a privilege, but you pay a lot of money for this privilege! I think if you pay money, you should get professional, fair, straightforward service. Why some people, who paid the same price for naturalisation should get it within 3 months, and other must wait? There must a standard equal procedure in place created by Home Office.

In addition to it everyone has a limited life (50, 60, 75 years) and I think no one wants to spend their life just waiting and hoping for something that it WILL eventually arrive one day...

BoyTed
Member
Posts: 135
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:05 am
Somalia

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by BoyTed » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:32 pm

Hello Everyone,
My first post,
Applied in 6 December 2019 biometric 16 December 2019 and iam just worried about Good Character came mid 2004 applied for Asylum at entry but was refused and disappeared i then put in fresh claim in 2009 and was granted FLR and finally ILR February 2012
My question can HO refuse me in regards to 10 year legally in the UK and ask me to apply in 2022 or will the time ive put in fresh claim 2009 be counted.
Many Thanks.

PPTP
Member
Posts: 111
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:15 am
Mood:
Madagascar

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by PPTP » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:39 pm

BoyTed wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:32 pm
Hello Everyone,
My first post,
Applied in 6 December 2019 biometric 16 December 2019 and iam just worried about Good Character came mid 2004 applied for Asylum at entry but was refused and disappeared i then put in fresh claim in 2009 and was granted FLR and finally ILR February 2012
My question can HO refuse me in regards to 10 year legally in the UK and ask me to apply in 2022 or will the time ive put in fresh claim 2009 be counted.
Many Thanks.
Hello BoyTed.
As you got ILR from 2012 and it is over 8 years, I think that 10 years period will be irrelevant in your case. You have lived in the UK enough time for 5 years plus over 12 months of ILR. I do not think they will refuse.
Thank you

Small
Member
Posts: 111
Joined: Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:37 pm

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by Small » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:53 pm

PPTP wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:43 am
topsecret wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:27 am
PPTP wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:31 pm
topsecret wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:45 pm
Hi gofornaturalisation, rozearo, tcell88, Stefan Piatek
which phone number did you use for calling to HO?
I have got my SAR request reply. And you know what - they have not done anything with the application since September 2019!!! No any notes, no any records that it is being processed, just simple payment and copy of application - that's it. Now I am not surprised that they have a special priority some people! I am shocked (well, not shocked as I expected that) :lol:

i can only say that homeoffice is the world top useless institution, delaying application process without any solid reason.
If home office not able to proceed the application within 6 month then why taking new application, and money?
I knew that HO is Useless when HO lost my application for nearly 3 years from their decisions system. Why taking money - because it is a cash flow for them and salaries. Decisions we will make some other time. They can process within 6 months but simply not even put an effort to work efficiently.
What is SAR please how to do it and is there any fee

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 77396
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:01 pm

Small wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:53 pm
What is SAR please how to do it and is there any fee
SAR = subject access request.

general-uk-immigration-forum/how-to-do- ... 35376.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mr_iyamu
Newly Registered
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 10:55 am

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by mr_iyamu » Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:05 pm

PPTP wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:27 pm
Sous49 wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:08 pm
dapto10 wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:25 pm
Hello Dapto and all

Thank you for your brief which I do agree with it at this moment of time.and I do not think that the Home Office people are working from home ..but they might be of a less capacity due to self isolation sickness etc.similar to the NHS even none clinical staff are still working. However and in general although it is a privilege to become a citizen , it is that feeling of unfairness amongst the same group of people that are treated differently ..while some are getting theirs in few weeks , others are waiting months or even years with no clear clarification. If we all are treated similarly then yes..

All the best for everybody ..stay safe
I agree in one thing - it is a privilege. The rest I am afraid I am not accepting.

You mentioned that people are free to do what they want. But let me remind you that some class of people (like refugees) they cannot leave the country at all, as according to Immigration Rules these people are not allowed to hold national passport. Yes, they can have the Travel Documents, but not all countries accepting them. And still some refugees have families in their own countries and problems, which must be resolved and closed for the rest of their lives. So without a proper British passport, these people (refugees) cannot do legally anything at all. I am sorry but before advising you should have taken into account different class of people and their legal status in the UK.

Also you say it is a privilege. Do people, who work and support this country and who pay Income Tax, National Insurance Tax, Council Tax, Capital Gain Tax, Inheritance Tax and other type of taxes deducted directly or indirectly from their earnings and assets, deserve this privilege? Do they deserve being humiliated by poor and disrespectful behaviour by the government organisation, who is fully supported from the fiscal policy?! (Rrhetorical questions)

It is a privilege, but you pay a lot of money for this privilege! I think if you pay money, you should get professional, fair, straightforward service. Why some people, who paid the same price for naturalisation should get it within 3 months, and other must wait? There must a standard equal procedure in place created by Home Office.

In addition to it everyone has a limited life (50, 60, 75 years) and I think no one wants to spend their life just waiting and hoping for something that it WILL eventually arrive one day...
Hello Guys,
I think we are utilising this thread to project only the flaws of the home office while forgetting how important their role is in national security and policing in this turbulent time.
Let’s thread with caution on making rash accusations as we don’t know what these people are dealing with 100%. Let’s face it, naturalising is not an essential service at the moment so these people fall into the category of people that ought to stay at home. I know how it feels to be waiting and checking here daily to see if anyone else got theirs. I do it daily as my application has been submitted for about 2 months now.
Please let’s focus on what’s at hand, appreciate what we have and Stay at home. If you are not working in essential service then I bet you are writing from the comfort of your home so it would be unfair to expect someone else to be out there investigating you at the expense of their family and loved ones because you paid £1349.00
Patience is not the ability to wait but the ability to keep a good attitude while waiting. Stay Positive Folks. The Land shall heal and we would call it Home for generations to come.

PPTP
Member
Posts: 111
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:15 am
Mood:
Madagascar

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by PPTP » Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:36 pm

mr_iyamu wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:05 pm

Hello Guys,
I think we are utilising this thread to project only the flaws of the home office while forgetting how important their role is in national security and policing in this turbulent time.
Let’s thread with caution on making rash accusations as we don’t know what these people are dealing with 100%. Let’s face it, naturalising is not an essential service at the moment so these people fall into the category of people that ought to stay at home. I know how it feels to be waiting and checking here daily to see if anyone else got theirs. I do it daily as my application has been submitted for about 2 months now.
Please let’s focus on what’s at hand, appreciate what we have and Stay at home. If you are not working in essential service then I bet you are writing from the comfort of your home so it would be unfair to expect someone else to be out there investigating you at the expense of their family and loved ones because you paid £1349.00
Patience is not the ability to wait but the ability to keep a good attitude while waiting. Stay Positive Folks. The Land shall heal and we would call it Home for generations to come.
My partner works in the essential service and go to work ever day, risking his and mine life. Yes I work from home, but I do all my best to make my clients happy - because at the end this is my salary.
However, I will not accept humiliating behaviour from others.

I think if your applications would take more than 7 months, you would feel different and would have a bit different opinion, especially when you know that during this time Home Office has not even done anything with your application.

We must be patient, respect each other and stay positive.

I do apologise for my opinions and will try to shut myself up now :) :D :D

BoyTed
Member
Posts: 135
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:05 am
Somalia

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by BoyTed » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:10 pm

PPTP wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:39 pm
BoyTed wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:32 pm
Hello Everyone,
My first post,
Applied in 6 December 2019 biometric 16 December 2019 and iam just worried about Good Character came mid 2004 applied for Asylum at entry but was refused and disappeared i then put in fresh claim in 2009 and was granted FLR and finally ILR February 2012
My question can HO refuse me in regards to 10 year legally in the UK and ask me to apply in 2022 or will the time ive put in fresh claim 2009 be counted.
Many Thanks.
Hello BoyTed.
As you got ILR from 2012 and it is over 8 years, I think that 10 years period will be irrelevant in your case. You have lived in the UK enough time for 5 years plus over 12 months of ILR. I do not think they will refuse.
Thank you
Hello PPTP,
Thanks for the reply i didn't have ILR from 2012 but instead i had FLR from 2012 and got ILR in December 2018
Thanks.

winter1234
Newly Registered
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:22 am
Afghanistan

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by winter1234 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:12 pm

dapto10 wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:25 pm
PPTP wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:05 am

You know I always ask myself what is the difference between corporate and government organisation (not only management structure). In the firm where I work we have a nominated person, who lives closer to the office and asked the person to go to the office and just send the post/letters (because of the nature of the business we have a lot of post), which are urgent - that's because the firm cares about clients and relationships. HO closed everything, sent everyone working from home, but not cares about other people and its reputation.
I think there's one thing some members are forgetting here. And I am saying it with all my warm feelings and huge respect to you all.

Naturalisation is a privilege and not a right. It takes whatever it takes and as long as it takes. All these guidalines are simply guidelines. An application can take a month, can take a year and the reason is simple - it is not your right to become a British (or any other country's) citizen through naturalisation. It is a privilege therefore you should and must be prepared to wait for as long as it takes... even in normal circumstances.

Many members here seem unaware that only 3-4 years ago it used to take months for a straight forward application as everything had to be sent in the post. More complex applications used to take many months.

Complaining and attacking a government department of a country you would like to become the citizen of would not really help.

Yes, the Home Office has its problems, absolutely! Yes, they are often slow. But this is a unique situation. No one has ever been in such a situation in modern times. Many countries have actually suspended all non-essential government services, and let's be honest, becoming a citizen is not an essential service just now. To become eligible you have to have an ILR or Settled Status which means you are free from immigration controls already - you can work, claim benefits, leave and enter the country, etc. The only right you do not have is vote for Westminster parliament and stand for election, and you can't leave the country for extensive periods of time. But then if you do intend to do that, it's not in line with the Declaration you have made - you intend to make the UK your permanent home.

Dear friends, don't forget - citizenship through naturalisation is a privilege and not a right, therefore you should equip yourself with patience and wait. And the letter WILL eventually arrive.
It is totally bullshit. I paid 1349.20 pound and it is more than 8 months which I am waiting and when I see some people get it in 2 months it means something is wrong.
So if you haven't got something useful to add please keep quite.

PPTP
Member
Posts: 111
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:15 am
Mood:
Madagascar

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by PPTP » Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:06 pm

BoyTed wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:10 pm
PPTP wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:39 pm
BoyTed wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:32 pm
Hello Everyone,
My first post,
Applied in 6 December 2019 biometric 16 December 2019 and iam just worried about Good Character came mid 2004 applied for Asylum at entry but was refused and disappeared i then put in fresh claim in 2009 and was granted FLR and finally ILR February 2012
My question can HO refuse me in regards to 10 year legally in the UK and ask me to apply in 2022 or will the time ive put in fresh claim 2009 be counted.
Many Thanks.
Hello BoyTed.
As you got ILR from 2012 and it is over 8 years, I think that 10 years period will be irrelevant in your case. You have lived in the UK enough time for 5 years plus over 12 months of ILR. I do not think they will refuse.
Thank you
Hello PPTP,
Thanks for the reply i didn't have ILR from 2012 but instead i had FLR from 2012 and got ILR in December 2018
Thanks.
Hello BoyTed
You are still fine. As long as you are:

Can prove you were in the UK exactly 5 years before the day the Home Office receives your application
And
Have ILR for over 12 months

I do not see any reason for a refusal.

PPTP
Member
Posts: 111
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:15 am
Mood:
Madagascar

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by PPTP » Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:08 pm

winter1234 wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:12 pm
dapto10 wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:25 pm
PPTP wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:05 am

You know I always ask myself what is the difference between corporate and government organisation (not only management structure). In the firm where I work we have a nominated person, who lives closer to the office and asked the person to go to the office and just send the post/letters (because of the nature of the business we have a lot of post), which are urgent - that's because the firm cares about clients and relationships. HO closed everything, sent everyone working from home, but not cares about other people and its reputation.
I think there's one thing some members are forgetting here. And I am saying it with all my warm feelings and huge respect to you all.

Naturalisation is a privilege and not a right. It takes whatever it takes and as long as it takes. All these guidalines are simply guidelines. An application can take a month, can take a year and the reason is simple - it is not your right to become a British (or any other country's) citizen through naturalisation. It is a privilege therefore you should and must be prepared to wait for as long as it takes... even in normal circumstances.

Many members here seem unaware that only 3-4 years ago it used to take months for a straight forward application as everything had to be sent in the post. More complex applications used to take many months.

Complaining and attacking a government department of a country you would like to become the citizen of would not really help.

Yes, the Home Office has its problems, absolutely! Yes, they are often slow. But this is a unique situation. No one has ever been in such a situation in modern times. Many countries have actually suspended all non-essential government services, and let's be honest, becoming a citizen is not an essential service just now. To become eligible you have to have an ILR or Settled Status which means you are free from immigration controls already - you can work, claim benefits, leave and enter the country, etc. The only right you do not have is vote for Westminster parliament and stand for election, and you can't leave the country for extensive periods of time. But then if you do intend to do that, it's not in line with the Declaration you have made - you intend to make the UK your permanent home.

Dear friends, don't forget - citizenship through naturalisation is a privilege and not a right, therefore you should equip yourself with patience and wait. And the letter WILL eventually arrive.
It is totally bullshit. I paid 1349.20 pound and it is more than 8 months which I am waiting and when I see some people get it in 2 months it means something is wrong.
So if you haven't got something useful to add please keep quite.
Winter1234, totally agree with you, you answered correctly and used the right word to describe it. Finally someone understands my point of view I described earlier.

Have you tried to raise a SAR and an official complaint with Home Office?

BoyTed
Member
Posts: 135
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:05 am
Somalia

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by BoyTed » Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:15 pm

PPTP wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:06 pm
BoyTed wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:10 pm
PPTP wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:39 pm
BoyTed wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:32 pm
Hello Everyone,
My first post,
Applied in 6 December 2019 biometric 16 December 2019 and iam just worried about Good Character came mid 2004 applied for Asylum at entry but was refused and disappeared i then put in fresh claim in 2009 and was granted FLR and finally ILR February 2012
My question can HO refuse me in regards to 10 year legally in the UK and ask me to apply in 2022 or will the time ive put in fresh claim 2009 be counted.
Many Thanks.
Hello BoyTed.
As you got ILR from 2012 and it is over 8 years, I think that 10 years period will be irrelevant in your case. You have lived in the UK enough time for 5 years plus over 12 months of ILR. I do not think they will refuse.
Thank you
Hello PPTP,
Thanks for the reply i didn't have ILR from 2012 but instead i had FLR from 2012 and got ILR in December 2018
Thanks.
Hello BoyTed
You are still fine. As long as you are:

Can prove you were in the UK exactly 5 years before the day the Home Office receives your application
And
Have ILR for over 12 months

I do not see any reason for a refusal.

Thanks so much.
Bless you!

winter1234
Newly Registered
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:22 am
Afghanistan

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by winter1234 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:55 pm

PPTP wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:08 pm
winter1234 wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:12 pm
dapto10 wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:25 pm
PPTP wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:05 am

You know I always ask myself what is the difference between corporate and government organisation (not only management structure). In the firm where I work we have a nominated person, who lives closer to the office and asked the person to go to the office and just send the post/letters (because of the nature of the business we have a lot of post), which are urgent - that's because the firm cares about clients and relationships. HO closed everything, sent everyone working from home, but not cares about other people and its reputation.
I think there's one thing some members are forgetting here. And I am saying it with all my warm feelings and huge respect to you all.

Naturalisation is a privilege and not a right. It takes whatever it takes and as long as it takes. All these guidalines are simply guidelines. An application can take a month, can take a year and the reason is simple - it is not your right to become a British (or any other country's) citizen through naturalisation. It is a privilege therefore you should and must be prepared to wait for as long as it takes... even in normal circumstances.

Many members here seem unaware that only 3-4 years ago it used to take months for a straight forward application as everything had to be sent in the post. More complex applications used to take many months.

Complaining and attacking a government department of a country you would like to become the citizen of would not really help.

Yes, the Home Office has its problems, absolutely! Yes, they are often slow. But this is a unique situation. No one has ever been in such a situation in modern times. Many countries have actually suspended all non-essential government services, and let's be honest, becoming a citizen is not an essential service just now. To become eligible you have to have an ILR or Settled Status which means you are free from immigration controls already - you can work, claim benefits, leave and enter the country, etc. The only right you do not have is vote for Westminster parliament and stand for election, and you can't leave the country for extensive periods of time. But then if you do intend to do that, it's not in line with the Declaration you have made - you intend to make the UK your permanent home.

Dear friends, don't forget - citizenship through naturalisation is a privilege and not a right, therefore you should equip yourself with patience and wait. And the letter WILL eventually arrive.
It is totally bullshit. I paid 1349.20 pound and it is more than 8 months which I am waiting and when I see some people get it in 2 months it means something is wrong.
So if you haven't got something useful to add please keep quite.
Winter1234, totally agree with you, you answered correctly and used the right word to describe it. Finally someone understands my point of view I described earlier.

Have you tried to raise a SAR and an official complaint with Home Office?
PPTP,
Yes I did and after about 5 weeks I received bunch of papers.
Based on those paper they received my Naturalisation application and they have got record of all my emails which I chased my application but there is not any record of their mysterious checks which are carrying out by external agencies and they take longer than 6 months.
I'm sure you know HO excuse for delaying the aplications which is carrying out some of checks by external checks. I believe HO delays the application because they don't care about the applicants but the only thing which they care is application fee and as they get it beforehand and there is not any authority to question them about the delays and this unfair process so they treat us how they want.

khizarm
Junior Member
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:28 pm
Location: birmingham
Pakistan

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by khizarm » Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:18 pm

I got this email from HO. Still waiting.
Good Morning,

Thank you for your e-mail.


According to our records, the caseworker has made an decision on your application on the 16 March 2020. If you not received it already, you should receive it shortly.

However, if you not received the decision letter by 29 March, I would advise you to either contact the Helpdesk by phoning them on 0300 123 2253 or send an e-mail the below address with your enquiry:


Nationality_Enquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk



I hope this was of some assistance, and if you have any further issues, please do not hesitate to get in touch.



PM Exceptions
UKVI - Home Office

Level 4, The Capital Building
Old Hall Street

Liverpool

L3 9PP

Locked
cron