ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help please! Naturalisation certificate not received by local authority

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

JFD1990
Newly Registered

Help please! Naturalisation certificate not received by local authority

Post by JFD1990 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:00 pm

Hi all,

My wife got her citizenship ceremony invitation letter in late February 2021 but her naturalisation certificate apparently cannot be located (either lost in transit or by local council recipient?). It has now been over 6 months despite several escalations with both the local council and the home office.

The home office has advised that they are currently not taking escalations (I assume because they are busy, incompetent or both). Is anyone in a similar situation and has been able to resolve this?

Does anyone perhaps know who else it could be escalated with? We have tried everything we can think of and feel like we are all out of options.

Thanks
Jamie

Jamesk21
Newly Registered
Uganda

Re: Help please! Naturalisation certificate not received by local authority

Post by Jamesk21 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:46 pm

Hi Jamie,
The best course of action would be to contact your Local MP who can help. Apparently Mp's have a special unit at Home office that handles there queries quickly. We contacted our Mp a few years ago when our application had taken months and we needed our passports back to travel. He contacted them and had approvals and passports back within a week.

Praying all goes well for you. It must be exasperating to go through all that waiting. Hats off to you I would
be going mad if it was me. I cant understand the lack of sympathy, the incompetence and irresponsibility that some gov't offices depict.

James

Level5
Newly Registered

Re: Help please! Naturalisation certificate not received by local authority

Post by Level5 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:41 am

Good morning,
I received the invitation letter on August 2021.
Till today,my certificate is not received.
I call the Register Office every Friday.
I callled Home Office,wrote to Citizenship.Support@homeoffice.gov.uk;wrote to Register Office.
No reply yet.
How about you?
Thank you!