ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help with naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dontgiveup
Newly Registered
Trinidad & Tobago

Help with naturalisation

Post by dontgiveup » Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:18 am

Please i need help, i have searched through these forum but could not get answer to my problem.
I got married which was later revoked, i challenged HO decision to revoke my marriage, the appeal was closed by the tribunal judge and was directed to another route. I was granted settled status 2020, need to apply for naturalisation end of the month. Will the revocation which was closed by the judge affect my citizenship?

dontgiveup
Newly Registered
Trinidad & Tobago

Re: Help with naturalisation

Post by dontgiveup » Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:32 pm

Please can someone respond to my post

star31
Newly Registered
Mood:
South Africa

Post by star31 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:51 pm

dontgiveup wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:18 am
Please i need help, i have searched through these forum but could not get answer to my problem.
I got married which was later revoked, i challenged HO decision to revoke my marriage, the appeal was closed by the tribunal judge and was directed to another route. I was granted settled status 2020, need to apply for naturalisation end of the month. Will the revocation which was closed by the judge affect my citizenship?
From my understanding, as you stated the Judge closed the case and redirected you to another route. You will be ok, what you need to do is include the decision letter when applying.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:52 pm

There isn't enough information for us to advise you.
dontgiveup wrote:
I got married which was later revoked, i challenged HO decision to revoke my marriage,
The Home Office does not revoke one's marriage. It can revoke a visa that was issued based on a marriage or it can refuse to issue a visa based on a marriage if it believes that the marriage is a sham marriage or one of convenience, undertaken purely to get around immigration rules.

So, were you refused a visa based on your marriage? Or Were you issued a visa, which was later revoked?

Did you marry within the UK or abroad? If you married within the UK, what was your UK immigration status before your marriage? And finally, what was the UK immigration status of the person you married?
dontgiveup wrote:
the appeal was closed by the tribunal judge and was directed to another route.
This sentence does not make any sense. Can you clarify what "another route" means in this context?
dontgiveup wrote:
need to apply for naturalisation end of the month.
Have you successfully passed an English language test and the Life in the UK tests already?
dontgiveup wrote:
Will the revocation which was closed by the judge affect my citizenship?
As mentioned above, the Home Office will not have revoked the marriage. The impact of the judgment will depend on what the judgment states.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.