ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Home office response - the envelope?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

Locked
nafe12
Member
Posts: 156
Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:46 am

Home office response - the envelope?

Post by nafe12 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:14 am

Just wondering what the envelope that the Home Office naturalisation letter comes in.
Is it just a normal small envelope, a large one, satchel or a parcel?
Could someone share the return address from theirs?

For the next weeks about a two hours drive from my office, which I use as my correspondence address. Don't want to go there unless I'm certain it's arrived :)

Thanks!

User avatar
cyclina1
Senior Member
Posts: 924
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:38 am
Hong Kong

Re: Home office response - the envelope?

Post by cyclina1 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:38 pm

Letter in the cheapest brown envelope by second class post~

They use recorded post only if they send you deportation letter.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

KatHof
Newly Registered
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:11 pm
Germany

Re: Home office response - the envelope?

Post by KatHof » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:29 pm

cyclina1 wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:38 pm
They use recorded post only if they send you deportation letter.
:(

nafe12
Member
Posts: 156
Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:46 am

Re: Home office response - the envelope?

Post by nafe12 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:42 am

cyclina1 wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:38 pm
Letter in the cheapest brown envelope by second class post~
Thanks. Is there any return address or something to look out for?
(We get a bunch of post in those types of envelopes).

User avatar
cyclina1
Senior Member
Posts: 924
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:38 am
Hong Kong

Re: Home office response - the envelope?

Post by cyclina1 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:43 am

The letter should be from Liverpool
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

BritCiti
Newly Registered
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:28 pm
Mood:
Sierra Leone

Re: Home office response - the envelope?

Post by BritCiti » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:18 pm

Brown window envelope. 23 cm X 16 cm approx. Sent Royal Mail 2nd Class. On reverse states, "If undelivered please return to: Home Office, The Capital, New Hall Place, Liverpool L3 9PP. Hope that helps.

cutehs2
Newly Registered
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:37 pm
Switzerland

Re: Home office response - the envelope?

Post by cutehs2 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:45 pm

All my documents (including approval letter) arrived in a grey mailing bag/sack.

EUPR
Newbie
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:58 pm
India

Re: Home office response - the envelope?

Post by EUPR » Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:08 pm

cutehs2 wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:45 pm
All my documents (including approval letter) arrived in a grey mailing bag/sack.
Does royal mail deliver this or some other courier service. Actually i redirect Royal mail post to my temporary address. I am little bit panic. Please reply.

cutehs2
Newly Registered
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:37 pm
Switzerland

Re: Home office response - the envelope?

Post by cutehs2 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:44 pm

Royal Mail delivered mine.
EUPR wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:08 pm
cutehs2 wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:45 pm
All my documents (including approval letter) arrived in a grey mailing bag/sack.
Does royal mail deliver this or some other courier service. Actually i redirect Royal mail post to my temporary address. I am little bit panic. Please reply.

EUPR
Newbie
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:58 pm
India

Re: Home office response - the envelope?

Post by EUPR » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:04 pm

cutehs2 wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:44 pm
Royal Mail delivered mine.
EUPR wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:08 pm
cutehs2 wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:45 pm
All my documents (including approval letter) arrived in a grey mailing bag/sack.
Does royal mail deliver this or some other courier service. Actually i redirect Royal mail post to my temporary address. I am little bit panic. Please reply.
Thanks for sharing.....

Locked
cron