ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Homeoffice Ref Number and name before marriage

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

RAK737

Homeoffice Ref Number and name before marriage

Post by RAK737 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:32 pm

hi there

my wife recently applied for IRL and granted successfully now she is filling the online form for citizenship which AN FORM
I have two question if some can help

first question home office asked ref so which reference should be using the CASE ID when she applied for extension or the one she applied when she granted ILR.(long reference number)

and 2nd question they asked have you ever know by another name?? ie before marriage and yes of course she was using her dad name as a surname and now she using our family name.
should we mention all the name and plus asked when did you start using your name ? so that would be from the date of marriage right
thanks you and hope to get an answer asap

RAK737

Re: Homeoffice Ref Number and name before marriage

Post by RAK737 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:53 pm

is anyone can help for this please

Joeyjoe

Post by Joeyjoe » Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:19 pm

Use your home office reference number which HO mentions usually on their letters to you. Not the case id.

Yes, mentioned the name before marriage and the date.

RAK737

Post by RAK737 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:41 pm

thank you for your reply the home office only mention on the letter is CASE ID not any ref number but i have long ref number when she applied for ILR is that ok to you.

for the name they are asking when you change the name so its on date of marriage ???but on the marriage certificate is the birth name i mean name before marriage

Joeyjoe

Post by Joeyjoe » Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:58 pm

If she started to have the new name when married then the date of the marriage is what you should use.

It’s not going to cause any harm if you don’t get the reference number right. Use the case number from ILR and they should be able to find your actual reference number on their system.

RAK737

Post by RAK737 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:38 pm

thank you for you sincere reply