ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How can I get an interim update on my citizenship application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

cambs68
Mood:

How can I get an interim update on my citizenship application

Post by cambs68 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:18 am

Dear all

I keep reading the posts about the timelines of citizenship applications. On the posts I saw many people getting interim updates about their applications. However I tried to call HO to get an progress update on my case but they not giving me any info whatsoever. So I am curios to know how you guys get updates. What is the direct number and what should I do ?? Please help as I am stuck

Thankss

alterhase58
Germany

Re: How can I get an interim update on my citizenship application

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:57 am

Not sure what you mean by interim updates being reported. There was a beta version of a Home Office web lookup tool which has however been discontinued. The HO helpline only gives generic information and has no access to application status or case workers. Only advice is to wait.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Casa

Re: How can I get an interim update on my citizenship application

Post by Casa » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:43 am

According to your post in the timeline thread, you only submitted your application on the 7th September :!: No request for information will be considered until at least 6 months have passed since the application date.

2017 Statistics from Migration Watch (Table 2 in the link below) show that by far the highest percentage of refusals were due to failing under the 'good character' rule.

https://migrationobservatory.ox.ac.uk/r ... nd-trends/
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.