ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How important is it for a referee to know you for 3 years?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

Mayshi
Newly Registered

How important is it for a referee to know you for 3 years?

Post by Mayshi » Wed May 20, 2015 6:15 am

hi..i am married to a uk citizen..and will be submitting my naturalization application beginning of june when i complete 3 years. Both my referees know me for less than 3 years. One knows me for 2 years 10 months and the other for 2.5 years.

Will my application be successful if i submit it with these two referees? How important is it know your referees for 3 years or more?

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: How important is it for a referee to know you for 3 year

Post by fwd079 » Thu May 21, 2015 10:40 am

Mayshi wrote:hi..i am married to a uk citizen..and will be submitting my naturalization application beginning of june when i complete 3 years. Both my referees know me for less than 3 years. One knows me for 2 years 10 months and the other for 2.5 years.

Will my application be successful if i submit it with these two referees? How important is it know your referees for 3 years or more?
Personally I'd wait two more months, and if the Referee who knows you for longer among the two, is a British Citizen, then I'd put his passport details. The other referee needs to be of a professional standing and need not to be British, so that one you could find from your past relations.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

Mayshi
Newly Registered

Post by Mayshi » Mon May 25, 2015 7:52 pm

fwd079 wrote:
Mayshi wrote:hi..i am married to a uk citizen..and will be submitting my naturalization application beginning of june when i complete 3 years. Both my referees know me for less than 3 years. One knows me for 2 years 10 months and the other for 2.5 years.

Personally I'd wait two more months, and if the Referee who knows you for longer among the two, is a British Citizen, then I'd put his passport details. The other referee needs to be of a professional standing and need not to be British, so that one you could find from your past relations.

Thank you for your reply. Does this mean that one of my referee doesnt need to be from UK. I have basically moved from Dubai 3 years ago. Can I take a referree from back home in dubai on my application?

gumfree7

Post by gumfree7 » Mon May 25, 2015 8:16 pm

Mayshi wrote:
fwd079 wrote:

Thank you for your reply. Does this mean that one of my referee doesnt need to be from UK. I have basically moved from Dubai 3 years ago. Can I take a referree from back home in dubai on my application?
Yes. As long as the referee has professional standing in that community, like a doctor, optometrist, solicitor, etc.