ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to provide evidence of settled status - Applying for Citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

silverslingshot
Newly Registered
Romania

How to provide evidence of settled status - Applying for Citizenship

Post by silverslingshot » Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:28 pm

Hi,

I've spent many hours today trying to find out how to prove for me and my wife's settled status for when we apply for citizenship. We are EEA citizens and we have settled status from 2019 and we want to apply for Citizenship for us and for our 2 kids.

I want to provide evidence for this and I'm not sure what to provide:
If Mr [my son's name] told us that their parent is settled in the UK then you must provide us evidence of their settled status. This could include a BRP, a letter from the Home Office, an endorsement in their passport or another document certifying permanent residence.
When we received the settled status, we have only received an email for each of us telling us that we been granted Indefinite Leave in the United Kingdom. This is also referred to as settled status. Like below.
Should I provide this email?
Dear [my name],
I am pleased to inform you that your application to the EU Settlement Scheme has been
successful and that you have been granted Indefinite Leave in the United Kingdom,
under Appendix EU to the Immigration Rules. This is also referred to as settled status. If
you were in the UK on the date of your application, that is Indefinite Leave to Remain. If
you were outside the UK on the date of your application, that is Indefinite Leave to Enter.
Your status takes effect from the date of this letter, which can be found above.
Your settled status in the UK can be confirmed online through the Home Office online
checking service 'View and Prove your Rights in the UK': view-and-prove-yourrights.homeoffice.gov.uk. You will be able to use the online service to show your settled
status in the UK. This letter is not proof of your status.
I could provide them a code and let them see the status online. But that code expires after 30 days.
Any help please would be appreciated. Thank you.

Jamie's1000
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Re: How to provide evidence of settled status - Applying for Citizenship

Post by Jamie's1000 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:41 pm

Pdf outcome is enough as proof

silverslingshot
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by silverslingshot » Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:16 pm

Thanks for your reply. That is what we want to do unless somebody else has a better solution..

hrak1978
Member of Standing

Post by hrak1978 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:52 pm

PDF outcome proof will suffice the requirement. Agreed with James!!
{ I'm not a solicitor, legal professional or immigration advisor, all of my posts are based on my online search and my own PR, ILR (LR), 2 FTT and 2 UTT refused but finally after 3 years of long battle I got my SETTLED STATUS. }

hrak1978
Member of Standing

Post by hrak1978 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:53 pm

My apologies, Jamie!!

Wrong spelling mistake!!
{ I'm not a solicitor, legal professional or immigration advisor, all of my posts are based on my online search and my own PR, ILR (LR), 2 FTT and 2 UTT refused but finally after 3 years of long battle I got my SETTLED STATUS. }