ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IDV App -- when to upload docs?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

db666

IDV App -- when to upload docs?

Post by db666 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:44 pm

Hi folks, I've booked an appointment booked for my Naturalisation on the 6th of July. But I've still not uploaded all the documents via the IDV app since I'm waiting on few things. Is it fine to upload all the documents on the 5th and go in for my appointment or do I need to have the documents uploaded well in advance? Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: IDV App -- when to upload docs?

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:34 pm

You can only use the IDV app if you are invited to use it.

If you have booked an appointment at UKCVAS, you upload your documents to the UKCVAS portal before your biometric appointment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

db666

Post by db666 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:47 pm

Hi CR001, I was invited to use the IDV app to upload my documents and then book an appointment to provide my biometrics.

All my uploaded documents also show up on the UKVCAS portal but I'm missing a few. I'm trying to understand how long do I have before the document upload locks up? Thanks.
You must book and attend an appointment with UK Visa and Citizenship Application Services (UKVCAS) to provide your evidence and biometrics (fingerprints and facial photograph). We will send you a reminder after this date if you have not attended an appointment.

db666

Post by db666 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:50 pm

Anyone? Just want to confirm whether it's fine to upload the docs in the IDV app just the day before my biometrics appointment or do I need to do it certain hours in advance (e.g. 72 hrs)? Thanks.

ljdebenedictis
Mood:
Philippines

Post by ljdebenedictis » Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:42 pm

db666 wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:50 pm
Anyone? Just want to confirm whether it's fine to upload the docs in the IDV app just the day before my biometrics appointment or do I need to do it certain hours in advance (e.g. 72 hrs)? Thanks.
Hello.
I just recently submitted all my documents through IDV app, literally few days ago. As far as I know you can upload and submit it anytime you are ready. If you was invited to use it, I believe you dont require to attend biometrics appt unless they contact you due to any problems or concerns.

Have you had your biometrics done recently? Approx 2-3 years ago? I did mine for my settled status application in 2019, I believe I didnt have to attend another biometrics because they can use my previous one because it wasnt that old hence I was offered to use IDV app.

I am not entirely sure the reason behind IDV app tbh, Im sure the admins and experts here can answer that.

Have a lovely weekend xx

db666

Post by db666 » Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:51 pm

Thanks for your reply! I was asked to perform ID verification and upload documents via the IDV app plus asked to book an biometric appointment. I had a re-read through all the mail communication and I don't see any due date mentioned for uploading the docs so it's quite possible what you say is true.

Have a great weekend!