ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

If we have No referee means no passport?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Surinder
France

Does HO check all immigration history again for passport?

Post by Surinder » Mon May 22, 2023 4:56 pm

Hey guys, I was wondering that does HO check all immigration history for first British passport? As they ask for the passport that was used for first entry

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Does HO check all immigration history again for passport?

Post by CR001 » Mon May 22, 2023 5:00 pm

Not necessarily as it is only a travel document. What they do check and why they likely ask for the original passport, is to make sure you are still using the same name and are not trying to use multiple different names/identities.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Does HO check all immigration history again for passport?

Post by alterhase58 » Mon May 22, 2023 6:33 pm

Surinder wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 4:56 pm
Hey guys, I was wondering that does HO check all immigration history for first British passport? As they ask for the passport that was used for first entry
You may find this of interest:
Dealing with customer documents
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... accessible
Dual nationality
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... l-citizens
Many more HMPO policy documents
https://www.gov.uk/government/collectio ... rts-policy
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Surinder
France

If we have No referee means no passport?

Post by Surinder » Thu May 25, 2023 11:34 am

Is there anyway HO issues a passport if we are not able to provide referee?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: If we have No referee means no passport?

Post by CR001 » Thu May 25, 2023 11:41 am

Surinder wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 11:34 am
You are required to provide a British professional referee. It is not an optional point.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu May 25, 2023 12:42 pm

Did you not have referees for your naturalisation application?

If they meet the requirements for being a referee for your passport, they can be your referee for your passport as well.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

London22
Member of Standing

Post by London22 » Thu May 25, 2023 4:42 pm

Surinder wrote:
Unfortunately this is a weird requirement but that's how they have made the system.In nationality application they don't even bother to check referees then why making it a requirement.For some people it is a nightmare .In passport application you have to select a referee that's in their specified list which is even more complicated for some applicants .These requirements in both applications are meaningless & senseless .Some applicants even struggle to find someone to write their passport number in the application .

Surinder
France

Post by Surinder » Thu May 25, 2023 11:19 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 12:42 pm
Did you not have referees for your naturalisation application?

If they meet the requirements for being a referee for your passport, they can be your referee for your passport as well.
I can but a bit complicated, but tbh they have to have second option for identity verification such as interview , I know they have it already but is not second option , it is further action

Surinder
France

Post by Surinder » Thu May 25, 2023 11:22 pm

London22 wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 4:42 pm
Surinder wrote:
Unfortunately this is a weird requirement but that's how they have made the system.In nationality application they don't even bother to check referees then why making it a requirement.For some people it is a nightmare .In passport application you have to select a referee that's in their specified list which is even more complicated for some applicants .These requirements in both applications are meaningless & senseless .Some applicants even struggle to find someone to write their passport number in the application .
These days there is a very limit number of people who would give their personal data to us to be referee which is very very stressful!

London22
Member of Standing

Post by London22 » Tue May 30, 2023 8:47 am

Surinder wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 11:22 pm
London22 wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 4:42 pm
Surinder wrote:
Unfortunately this is a weird requirement but that's how they have made the system .In nationality application they don't even bother to check referees then why making it a requirement .For some people it is a nightmare .In passport application you have to select a referee that's in their specified list which is even more complicated for some applicants .These requirements in both applications are meaningless & senseless .Some applicants even struggle to find someone to write their passport number in the application .
These days there is a very limit number of people who would give their personal data to us to be referee which is very very stressful!
Well the people who make these absurd requirements do not care about applicants but they only care about creating unnecessary hurdles to block you. How pathetic is the system you can realise from this requirement that a referee should write a long bloody sentence on the back of a phot which is "I certify that this is a true likeness of mr xyz .No referee can write this sentence on the back of a photo.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue May 30, 2023 10:10 am

They have to write very small letters.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

garrick
- thin ice -
India

Post by garrick » Tue May 30, 2023 10:51 am

I am not sure why people struggle to get referee even after staying in UK for 5 years or more. Anyone spending so much time in UK should be able get one for citizenship/passport requirement.