ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR BRP/Passport for child's first passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mental4vray
Mood:
India

ILR BRP/Passport for child's first passport

Post by mental4vray » Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:51 pm

I am in the process of applying for my kid's passport. I still hold a Indian passport + ILR BRP and waiting for my naturalisation decision. He was born after I got my ILR.

In the document list, one of the document required is "the non-British passport they had when you were born showing indefinite leave to remain"

In my case, BRP proves I have ILR and there is no such mention of this in my India passport. Do I still need to send my passport + BRP or BRP alone would be sufficient?

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: ILR BRP/Passport for child's first passport

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:17 pm

Only child’s original UK birth certificate and your original ILR BRP is needed.

Note: You should retain your original ILR-BRP even after your own naturalisation for the sake of the child; as that is child’s proof of British Citizenship.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

1Akmal
Pakistan

Post by 1Akmal » Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:45 am

@CULLINAN can you please tell us how we can retain the Ilr brp? Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:46 am

@1Akmal

FYI

british-citizenship/uk-born-child-after ... 09-60.html

PS: Please do not tag your questions onto someone else’s topic AND this only applies where baby was born British in UK and parent(s) had ILR (settled status).
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.