ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Done - What next

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jnizz12
Mood:
South Africa

ILR Done - What next

Post by jnizz12 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:35 am

hi,

It feels like I've been doing a new application every year. What's left till I'm done?

My ILR was issues on the 11/08/2020
So is my process to apply for citizenship after 11/08/2021? Can this be done earlier
then apply for first passport after citizenship is approved?

Is there anything else that I need?

thank you

yomishu
Mood:
India

Re: ILR Done - What next

Post by yomishu » Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:53 am

jnizz12 wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:35 am
hi,

It feels like I've been doing a new application every year. What's left till I'm done?

My ILR was issues on the 11/08/2020
So is my process to apply for citizenship after 11/08/2021? Can this be done earlier
then apply for first passport after citizenship is approved?

Is there anything else that I need?

thank you
You need to wait 12 months after ILR to apply for Citizenship which would be 11/08/2021 in your case
Once you get your citizenship certificate then you can apply for the British passport.

You will need to return your ILR BRP within 5 days after receiving your citizenship certificate , if not you will get a fine