ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR on a different visa route but Naturalisation based on british spouse

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Rabiataimoor
Newly Registered
Pakistan

ILR on a different visa route but Naturalisation based on british spouse

Post by Rabiataimoor » Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:04 pm

Hello everyone,

I am currently on FLR(FP) Visa which is parent of a british child after I got divorced here in UK. I will be due for my ILR in december 2023.
This year, I have got married to someone, and my husband is a british national already.

My query is once I get my ILR based on parent of a british child, do I need to wait for 12months or can I apply for naturalization straightaway based on my british husband? We do have marriage certificate and my husband's naturalisation certificate.

Hence, is it possible to get ILR on FLR(FP) basis which is NOT spouse but being a parent of a british child and then applying for naturalisation based on a british spouse whom one is married to for almost a year.

Manythanks.

contorted_svy
Diamond Member
Italy

Re: ILR on a different visa route but Naturalisation based on british spouse

Post by contorted_svy » Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:54 pm

Route to ILR doesn't matter for naturalisation. As you are married to a British citizen, as soon as you get your ILR, you'll be eligible to apply.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.