ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR or EU settled status route

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Resident18years
Newly Registered
Mood:
Hungary

ILR or EU settled status route

Post by Resident18years » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:47 pm

Hi there,
I haven't received a reply from the Home Office, only general info.
Can someone advise, please:
I was given ILR in 2002 by marriage.
We have since divorced but I have lived in the UK non-stop. The Home Office used my ex-husband's name on the certificate by mistake, even though I only ever used my maiden name. I have the vignette in my old passport but not in subsequent ones.
Since then, Hungary joined the EU and I was given settled status almost a year ago.
Do I wait a full year and apply via the EU scheme or is my ILR still valid to apply for naturalisation with?
Many thanks if anyone can clarify. I do not want to make a mistake but keen to apply ASAP.

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR or EU settled status route

Post by zimba » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:57 am

If you were given ILR, you had settled status since 2002. There is no need to wait for a year
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice