ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR to citizenship -separate applications or together

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

saurya_s

ILR to citizenship -separate applications or together

Post by saurya_s » Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:00 pm

Hi all,
I am currently on ILR and ill complete one year by end of Nov while my dependants will complete one year in Feb 2011. Is it advisable to apply for citizenship together or can I apply mine first?
Many thanks,
S

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:48 pm

A husband and wife joint naturalisation applications is cheaper than two separate applications.

Children applying together is also cheaper than applying separately.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

saurya_s

Post by saurya_s » Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:28 pm

Thanks Vinny,
Do all of us need to complete 1 year on ILR? My dependants have been together for 10years. I got my ILR based on 10 years while my partner got before 10 year as we were on HSMP/Tier 1.

So, can all of us apply together when I complete one year on ILR and by that time my dependants would be certainly more than 3 years?
Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:47 pm

Your wife/partner would also need to complete 1 year ILR, etc., if applying together with you.

Children born outside the UK are subject to discretion (3(1)).
For children born in the UK, immediately after a parent is granted settlement/PR, their child is entitled to register for British citizenship (Section 1(3)), irrespective of child's immigration status.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.