Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to!

Login Register Do not show

in 10 convetion

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:59 pm

in 10 convetion

Post by rani1874 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:00 am

hello every one
im geting ready to apply for bc soon and would like to know
i had fixed penalty fine on my driving licence this been issued for driving with out insurance (i have never been to the court but got 6 point i think trough and fine 200pound ) this happend on oct2009.code on my dvla counterpart in10
is this going to effect my form ?
and do i have to declar it ?
thank you very much

Posts: 100
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:54 pm

Post by malli » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:23 am

If its spent then NO but if they are not then you could let them know or wait for them to be spent.

Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:59 pm

Post by rani1874 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:05 am

hello there
i have never been to the court !!
i have just hand over the licence to the police station and paid the 200 pound over the fone
after 6 weeks get back my licence fom davla endorsed with 6 point
i realy dont know if sepent or is court ?
i realy dont know what to do ...
if i need to declare it or not .

Posts: 24754
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:30 pm
Location: does it matter?

Post by geriatrix » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:11 pm

FPN issued by police is not a conviction. FPN and /or fine issued by a court is a conviction.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Newly Registered
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:14 pm

Post by londonfemale » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:08 pm

To be more clear you may try to get basic crb check done before sending your application.We are in a same dilemma my husband was stopped driving without insurance and his car was taken away but he never received any notice after that even he passed his driving license later on.So to be on safe side we looking to do some sort of checks before sending our application.Somebody suggested SAR you may try same if it's worth but not sure .Any advice will be highly appreciable on this.

Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:59 pm

Post by rani1874 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:00 am

hello again
just to be clear i have never been to the court my fine was a yallow slip recived from the police officer and he said to me to take my licence to police station with in 7 days and i have to pay this fine (wich 200 pound and accept 6 point in your licence )and this is an offer if i dont pay within 21 one days then the police will take the matter to the court ,if i pay with in 21 days no ferther action needed . if i wish not to accept the offer you can take the matter to the court this what the officer told me
now i did pay the fine of 200 pound over the fone with in 21 days and i give the licence to the police with in 7 days then the licence been endorsed with 6 point at fine office at the court .
my worry is this need to be declared and is it going to show up on my record ??????????
i hope it is clear now more then b4
thank you for your help

Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:59 pm

Post by rani1874 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:39 am

and 1 more thing is i have done search on my name at nothing register on my name and did search at and no fine no court fine recorded against my name all clear any information on these sites if they good any how ?
thank you

Posts: 153
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:41 am
Location: U.K.

Post by tintin » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:14 pm

Hello Rani,

You must declare this. Hiding any information can harm your application.

As per the guide to Form(AN) page 15, fixed penalty notices are generally ignored. However at the same time it also says that driving whilest un-insured is not considered as a minor offence.

In my opinion, it is all upto the case worker. You have to wait and watch.