ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

In The United Kingdom, What are the differences Between a Natural-Born Citizen and a Naturalized-Citizen?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Adamhills96
Newly Registered
Canada

In The United Kingdom, What are the differences Between a Natural-Born Citizen and a Naturalized-Citizen?

Post by Adamhills96 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:44 am

I am a Canadian guy that has always been curious about how does immigration work in Britain. I have always wondered if there’s a difference or boundaries between a Natural-Born Citizen and a Naturalized-Citizen.

Can Anyone help me out here xDD?

AdInfernos
Spain

Re: In The United Kingdom, What are the differences Between a Natural-Born Citizen and a Naturalized-Citizen?

Post by AdInfernos » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:11 am

Probably the most important difference is that it would be easier for the government to strip naturalised citizens of their citizenship for two reasons: there are some statutory provisions if it has been obtained by fraud or deceit, something that does not usually apply for anyone who is British-born; and usually naturalised citizens are dual nationals as most keep their original citizenship, so, when stripping them of their British citizenship they will not be rendered stateless, which could otherwise become a human rights related issue, whereas most British-born citizens will normally have only their British citizenship.